No announcement yet.

Top Ten World Powers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reckon it is. Smaller than Japan's, but Japan's in a large decline, has very little growth. The UK economu weathered the world downturn better than any other. We have lower borrowing than Germany, higher interest rates, rates of growth and inflation. Germany's recovering, and has to contend with Euro interest rates, which are probably too high for what it needs. Japan's government is so crippled by debt it can hardly act effectively.

I'd say the UK is a stronger economy.
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

no, but we're still far more important on the world stage than they are, and while we're on subject of importance on the world stage why are people putting china so high
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney
        no, but we're still far more important on the world stage than they are, and while we're on subject of importance on the world stage why are people putting china so high
        (A) They would give the 'Mericans the best fight out of all the other countries.

(B) They have tremendous productive/economic power due to their large population and cheap labour.
        "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
        "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
        "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

China has such a large population, military power and economic incentive for any country to invest in it that it has much influence. The US companies want to break into China, it has some of the worlds largest banks and much money is put through it's markets, via Hong Kong. It's massively powerful in terms of size, military power, economic strength, and the incentive for future trade through strong predictions. It's gaining power diplomatically, and is a huge world player. It has a veto on the UN council too, to show it's diplomatic power.
          Smile
          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
            China has such a large population, military power and economic incentive for any country to invest in it that it has much influence. The US companies want to break into China, it has some of the worlds largest banks and much money is put through it's markets, via Hong Kong. It's massively powerful in terms of size, military power, economic strength, and the incentive for future trade through strong predictions. It's gaining power diplomatically, and is a huge world player. It has a veto on the UN council too, to show it's diplomatic power.
            Yeah, what he said...
            "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
            "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
            "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
              I reckon it is. Smaller than Japan's, but Japan's in a large decline, has very little growth. The UK economu weathered the world downturn better than any other. We have lower borrowing than Germany, higher interest rates, rates of growth and inflation. Germany's recovering, and has to contend with Euro interest rates, which are probably too high for what it needs. Japan's government is so crippled by debt it can hardly act effectively.

I'd say the UK is a stronger economy.
              Well, I suppose we define economic strength differently. A sick weight-lifter is still stronger than a healthy vicar. But I see your point.

Comment

china has got a large population, but isn't really a military power on the same level as britain, france or even russia. they simply can't project force effectivly, as for giving the US a fight, that would hardly qualify as a contest. it is still a diplomatic minow, and despite its seat on the security council its opinion is considered unimportant in most parts of the world.

it has potenial, a lot of it, but it isn't there yet and won't be able to catch up with nations like the UK or france for a long time, if ever.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

8/10. That's sure to hook SOMEONE
                  Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                  Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Ther German economy, as well as all economic systems, are prone to temporary recessions. There is a big differeance between a recession and depression, something alot of amatuer comentators here in the states should learn. The last thing you want is uncontroled growth without any plateus (sp) or slight dips, which leads to an equally uncontrolled shivel. Even in their depressed state every major western economy is still at a greater economic output that 5 years ago.
                    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

1. USA! USA! USA! [picture of that britney ho with the flag shirt]
                      2. UK
                      Just because.
                      3. China
                      More manpower than any other muthafukka on the PLANET
                      4. Germany
                      Strong nation. (IOW, I don't know any specifics but have a gut feeling that they're around tops)
                      5. India
                      Almost as much manpower as tha numba one muthafukka
                      6. France
                      France has enough power, mostly economic and influentially, to merit a spot.
                      7. Russia
                      Russia has $1B. No it doesn't. It has 6B acres of land. No wait that's 9! Or am I right? *has more vodka*
                      8. Japan
                      Theyd go higher but are too busy with their neat consumer electronics. Consider that, the last time they tried to fuk with us muthafukkas, it took the Bomb to break their spirit. (Things have changed now), but hot damn, that's some determination!
                      9. Isreal
                      International influence
                      10. Saudi Arabia
                      Enough oil to drown every SUV on the planet.
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

1. Mozambique

Comment

1. Utah
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                            1. Utah

Your new President!

Comment

I'd hit the new President
                              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Would you hit the Vice President too?

Comment

Working...
                                X