Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russia pulls out of Kyoto - What is the future of the Protocol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, the minimum security country club prisons are full of white collar criminals. But feel free to ignore simple things like FACTS.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

People interested in theory tend to disdain facts, Rah. Haven't you noticed?

Comment

A common affliction around here I guess.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Do other countries have regularly scheduled mandatory car emission tests like the US?
          Greece has it, we do it every year.
          "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
          George Orwell

Comment

For every car or just those that have reached a certain age?

RAH
            And you're a bit behind, this thread has been jacked a couple of times since we were talking about that.
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I don't know, my car is old. However, the rest of the technical qualifications card which is checked every 3 years (in the big cities, cause in the rest of the country they check more frequently) is not required for vehicles under 6 years.
              "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
              George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                I hoped US would have signed the Kyoto thing .. but it didn't happen so it didn't happen.

We didn't sign treaty banning landmines. I'm glad we didn't. I guess half of the countries think we are some kind of crazy war people then. Let them think that I couldn't care less, they are VITAL to our defense and if someone has troubles understanding it, they can go eat poop.

And it surely is global issue. But it doesn't mean we are blowing land mines all over the world as we speak. But we shouldn't sign the treaty either. It doesn't fit to us. We need to have the right to blow up 400 000 pair of legs if it comes down to that. It's our business and no one has anything to it.

Like in the US.. like I said, I wished they would have signed the treaty but they didn't. It's their business. It's global issue for sure, but it's not like they aren't doing anything about it.

Global treaty, nations own business.

This is a classic

Comment

Btw., we also have yearly "technical exams" for cars in Croatia. The procedure is an immense source of corruption and everyone would benefit if it was reformed, outsorced to foreign private companies, or something like that.

It is like this now, you can pass with a total wreck if you reach an agreement with the technician on duty, or you can fail the test with a new car if they feel like it.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                    My thesis is that governments are here primarly to serve the people not the corporations.

And corporations are comprised of, and get their "directions" from.... oh, yeah. People.

That's right. Everyone in a corporation has an equal voice and it's not just a bunch of inbred hicks who looks good in power suits running the show.
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                      1) Big Corporations haven't hijacked America, they founded it.

2) In America, it IS the governments primary job to look after and foster the Big Corporations.

We call it Capitalism.

Could Capitalism please bugger off and let Democracy run things?
                      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Everyone in a corporation has an equal voice and it's not just a bunch of inbred hicks who looks good in power suits running the show.

Fvck you.

Comment

I blame rah and his SUV for global warming.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

And global warming would have been reduced how if ratified in US and Russia?

Meanwhile third world nations without a clue how to deal with environmental issues get a free pass and are encouraged through market forces to increase their pollution. Sounds like a winner treaty if I ever heard one.
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Ogie,
                              they who know better should tell the third world. In fact, they should act as an example.

And somebody has to take the first step. It's a very poor excuse saying "because nobody else does it, why should we".

And in the end, it's the money that affects these decisions.
                              I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

You guys seem to forget that Russia is not only one of the world's largest pollutors, but it is also the world's largest source of clean and fresh air. Perhaps this gives us the right to pollute a little bit more than other countries.

Anyhow, why should Russia support idealistic projects of the evil and in reality not so idealistic EU at the expense of its own economy? Now that the EU-Russian relations are strained on a number of issues, we are in no mood for that.
                                Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

Working...
                                X