Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help MikeH with a geek jewellery question.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most fun on Apolyton ever.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
      Any advice on a tactic for subtle probing?
      Dunno. What about coming progressively closer to her when you both cook? Or when you both wash the dishes? Observe her reactions, if she welcomes the fact that you come closer or not.
      Since you're friends, what about orienting the conversation on you both's love life. This way, you know if she looks and where she looks. Be aware that she may think she'll give all hints in such a conversation, and we stoopid men generally don't understand these hints. If the conversation looks good, thikn about hinting that you're interested in her, with 'friendly' yet very appreciative comments on her looks and personality.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
        Here, Mike: this is a thread about the horrors of missed signals. Don't do as I did!
        Who was the first person to reply to that thread?
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

Ahhhh. I see that you were actually the first reply to that old thread. Same story, different day perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Fve Crathva
            The best perl necklaces are in cobol blue and ruby red, c?
            Argh!!!

The pain, the pain!!
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

So, what is the result now ?
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Well I arrived, and she looked very nice. I said I felt a bit underdressed. Which was very embarassing, she thought I said I wanted to get undressed so I assured her that wasn't the case. She laughed and said I was sweet. Lucky escape! Then I explained the problems about finding the Perl Necklace, I even told her about all your help, she was laughing her head off for some reason. I thought that was good anyway.

Dinner was interesting. We had oysters which were pretty disgusting. Then some kind of asparagus thing. I was still a bit hungry after that and I must have shown it 'cause she asked me if I could see anything else I wanted to eat. I didn't really know what to say so I asked if she had any fruit. She had some bananas (made me think of Apolyton! ) So I had one of those. Then suddenly she seemed to get tired 'cause she said she was ready for bed so I took the hint and left.

I sent her an e-mail this morning saying thanks for dinner. Haven't got a reply yet though.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

you remind me of a dozen Jerry Lewis movies with those classic moves...

the romantic in you really comes to the forefront

so what was her reply...?
                  Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                    Which was very embarassing, she thought I said I wanted to get undressed so I assured her that wasn't the case.
                    Oh com'on, how could you miss out on that offer?

Somebody famous once said that a woman can forgive your impulsive actions, but not your calm and coolness (i.e. inaction). It's true
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

You probably could have gotten some action if you'd given her the perl necklace.

SP
                      I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

Yeah, I think you are right SP.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

This has to be a joke...

"Dinner was interesting. We had oysters which were pretty disgusting. Then some kind of asparagus thing. I was still a bit hungry after that and I must have shown it 'cause she asked me if I could see anything else I wanted to eat. "

Uh... oysters? Asparagus? "See anything you like?" Bananas (remember Fast Times at Ridgemont High)? A sudden readiness for bed?

And you still didn't get any? At least I had the lame excuse of "I need to make sure my buddies get home."

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                            This has to be a joke...
                            No, really? You think?
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Actually, I thought so yesterday (see above) but the "oysters and asparagus" line pretty much clinched it. Is this some sort of bizarre Albert Speer pastiche?

Comment

pastiche? He didn't say anything about pasties.

Has the girl got back to you yet Mike?
                                (+1)

Comment

Working...
                                X