Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
    Don't they pour a bit of water on your head? I always find that water burns
    You didn't by any chance write the script for "Signs" did you? Shame! Shame!
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

water, and then oil to sooth the burning!
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Don't pin that one on me Doc
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Which makes me think, if water is extremely corrosive to that species, Earth is a pretty damn stupid planet to come to
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

That's what we thought when we saw the movie: For some reason it wasn't raining any where on the planet when they envaded
            Monkey!!!

Comment

C:\>threadjack

Threadjack in progress...

Threadjack completed.

C:\>_
              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Aliens, Signs, Religion

It's all the same
                Monkey!!!

Comment

I can close the thread, PH.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Ooooh, get you!
                    Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

How is it different from confirmation and/or baptism? The Episcopal church sometimes has adult baptism either for people who were never baptised or for those who want to be re-baptised.
                      Its not different. Its just done as a user friendly sort of program or package.

It was brought in because catechism had been left in the hands of parish priests for years and as a result there was no virtually active recruitment going on. Also there was a lot of variation in how priests handled it individually, especially the dotty old ones

So they packaged it up and kind of mainstreamed it into parish life with a kit and everything, a clear easy to follow process.

Usually an invitation goes out, there's an information night and people who want to start the program do so after that. The parish level programs start just before lent running through lent to an Easter baptism followed by the other sacraments in the Pentecost period after Easter lent. Confirmation is done on Pentecost Sunday, which is particularly auspicious because Pentecost was the day when the Holy Spirit came down on the apostles.

Most of the people who do the program are spouses of catholics.
                      Last edited by Alexander's Horse; September 9, 2003, 20:10.
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                        That's what I'm wondering... I'm already baptised and a member of a Mennonite church. I've heard conflicting testimony, so I'll have to find out.
                        I think the only difference is they don't baptize you again when you convert, they still do the other sacraments and maybe something instead of the baptism. I'll check with a relative of mine who converted from Presbyterian (EDIT: I think it was Presbyterian, not 100% sure) to Catholic and PM you when I know.
                        Last edited by Elden; September 9, 2003, 23:32.
                        Unfairly Banned at Civfanatics twice...
                        To protest the war I am using the UN Flag - Howard has said most Australians are for the war so clearly I am not an Aussie.

Comment

Mennonite to RC is quite a leap.

Are you sure you want an infallable pope as your leader ?

Try the Anglicans.
                          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Does it apply to anyone seeking to convert to Roman Catholiism? I thought that Episcopals and Anglicans had only to renounce the Queen in favor of the Stuart pretender.
                            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Uncle Sparky:

Try the Anglicans.
                              Confessing to the Bishop Ingham here in Vancouver!

Boris would get a kick out of that!

I deliberately left the Anglican church to join the Mennonites. I see much more fruit from the Catholics than the Anglicans.

Are you sure you want an infallable pope as your leader?
                              When was the last infalliable teaching of the Pope? They tend to refrain from speaking infalliably. I actually admire this latest pope, except for his last statement barring Catholics from taking a protestant mass.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

I think the only difference is they don't baptize you again when you convert, they still do the other sacraments and maybe something instead of the baptism.
                                Eldan:

Good. I'd rather not have to be baptised a third time.

Comment

Working...
                                X