Rite of Christian Initiation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rite of Christian Initiation

Might be a better PM, but I'm interested in hearing more about the Rite of Christian Intiation for Adults. There's a class going on and I'm curious as to what the process involves, what things I should expect.

I'm not sure whether I want to follow through at this point, but I am interested in learning more.

So can anyone help me here?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

I pmed you.
    "What is the Matrix?" -Neo
    "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

Saw your post, will PM you.
      "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

It really depends on the denomination. Which church are you looking to join?
        If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

The RCIA takes place in my g/f's Catholic church...

I don't know whether I want to join or not, just looking at what would be involved.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

It really depends on the denomination.
            I can't imagine that anyone but RC would have a "Rite of Christian Initiation." Maybe SDA?
            I don't know whether I want to join or not, just looking at what would be involved.
            Just show up and listen, mostly. They don't install the pod until later.
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
              It would be different depending on wether you were already a Christian from a different denomination or wether you were another religion or atheist.
              Unfairly Banned at Civfanatics twice...
              To protest the war I am using the UN Flag - Howard has said most Australians are for the war so clearly I am not an Aussie.

Comment

RCIA is the preparation to become a catholic.

The Church didn't actively recruit for many years but it looks likes they've opened the books lately

I'm surprised there's a course on at this time of year. Usually they do it during lent with baptism in Easter. Maybe this course leads up to a Christmas/advent baptism.

The ancient, timeless cycles of the church - you gotta love it.
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

It would be different depending on wether you were already a Christian from a different denomination or wether you were another religion or atheist.
                  That's what I'm wondering... I'm already baptised and a member of a Mennonite church. I've heard conflicting testimony, so I'll have to find out.

Just show up and listen, mostly. They don't install the pod until later.

You Catholic, Strawbow?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                    RCIA is the preparation to become a catholic.

The Church didn't actively recruit for many years but it looks likes they've opened the books lately

I'm surprised there's a course on at this time of year. Usually they do it during lent with baptism in Easter. Maybe this course leads up to a Christmas/advent baptism.

The ancient, timeless cycles of the church - you gotta love it.
                    How is it different from confirmation and/or baptism? The Episcopal church sometimes has adult baptism either for people who were never baptised or for those who want to be re-baptised.
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Never heard of it.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Go with the Methodists.
                        They're nicer than me, generally speaking; so don't hold me against them.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Anything but Baptist... please!
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions...

I have enough as it stands dealing with my church and hers.

Comment

Don't they pour a bit of water on your head? I always find that water burns
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X