Rite of Christian Initiation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excuse me, PECUSA?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Our new PP is Polish, one of John Paul's own, capital C conservative. Bit of a culture clash developing with us half hearted liberal Aussie catholics.

It would probably be worse if we could understand half of what he said through his thick Polish accent.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

so what about circumcision these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
          so what about circumcision these days?
          Went out in Biblical times (St Paul and the Numidian charioteer?).

Hell of a strange way to pay for a lift... then again, hitchhiking is a strange business.

IIRC, Catholic confirmation consists of the full creed (Do you reject Satan? Etc), getting a little oil rubbed on the head (presumably to make it easier to insert up your own back passage) and then a "normal" Catholic service.
          Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
          "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Eating Fish on Fridays was a political decision to aid the fishiing industry it agian has nothing to do with scripture
            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

is it true that when Jewish kids are circed, the guy doing it sucks blood out of their pee?

Comment

we'll probably never know
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

we could ask them. but will they tell the truth?

Comment

Bump for Dr. S

What is the PECUSA?

I've never heard of the term.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Cruddy

IIRC, Catholic confirmation consists of the full creed (Do you reject Satan? Etc), getting a little oil rubbed on the head (presumably to make it easier to insert up your own back passage) and then a "normal" Catholic service.
                      ROTFL

<--- Dancing Bananas

So anyway, BK, you're considering moving from anabaptist to papacy. You have already moved from Anglican (the Protestant version of Catholicism) to Mennonite.

If you're looking for spiritual freedom of discourse, aren't you heading in the wrong direction?

I know a really nice Scientologist in Vancouver that I'm sure I could convince to mentor you ....
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

and give you electric shocks which probably would make you bleed from your willy

Comment

My thoughts exactly, AH

Comment

If you're looking for spiritual freedom of discourse, aren't you heading in the wrong direction?
                            I don't think I ever looked for spiritual freedom, but rather a church where God seemed present. I've seen that in my Mennonite church, and not in the Anglican church that I left. I wanted a faith that I could call my own.

As for my current desire, it has more to do with my girlfriend, and her family. I have seen how much joy she has had growing up in a Catholic family, that I do not want to pull her away from that should the time come for us to make a decision.

I don't know if it would be easier for us for me to stay in my church or to join hers, but that is something I want to find out.

I've gone to the first session, some very interesting testimonies.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                              Excuse me, PECUSA?
                              Protestant Episcopal Church of the United States of America.
                              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                                is it true that when Jewish kids are circed, the guy doing it sucks blood out of their pee?
                                OMG! What a German thing to say!
                                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                                X