No announcement yet.

Power out in NY and elsewhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you doing this just to be on level terms with the Iraqi's??
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• New York is still down.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• How's the weather in the US' northeast ? I hope it's not too hot, because the downfall of air conditioning might cause many fatalities.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by Tingkai
          The difference between Americans and Canadians

"CNN correspondent Maria Hinojosa was forced off a pay phone when people standing in line to use it actually hung up the receiver."
          -- CNN

"Underground, in the darkness of Union Station... the tunnels were jammed and the heat was intense, but there were many audible calls of "sorry" and "excuse me" as the passengers jostled themselves up crowded stairs and onto the platform.

"We're being polite, this is Canada, you know," said Melanie Chlocker, who was waiting for a train after work."
          -- The Globe and Mail
          Do you Canadians say "excuse me" when you forcibly hang up the phone that a blowhard journalist has been monopolizing while a swarm of people are waiting to check up on their children?
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• It's not too bad...high of 91.

Nothing we haven't had before -- including the years before air conditioning.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Should i go to work?
              What?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                It's not too bad...high of 91.

Nothing we haven't had before -- including the years before air conditioning.
                Yes, but when you get used to air conditioning, the shock becomes harsher than when you are hardened by years without it. But I hope I'm wrong. I don't know if A/C is well spread in individual homes or not in the US (and the NE in particular). Can anybody tell ?
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

• Originally posted by Richelieu
                  Should i go to work?
                  If you have the opportunity not to... don't

Comment

• Originally posted by Jules
                    Power's been out in East Lansing since around 4:20 EDT. Just came back on within the last couple minutes. Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays on.
                    Hows the weather in EL?
                    He's got the Midas touch.
                    But he touched it too much!
                    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor
                      How's the weather in the US' northeast ? I hope it's not too hot, because the downfall of air conditioning might cause many fatalities.
                      I wonder how many dehydrated people swimming in their own urine they will find dead in elevators when the power finally gets back. And how many will die from eating the now rotten food in their fridge. And who will pay for all destroyed food in the supermarkets? Some lawyers will get rich.
                      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor

If you have the opportunity not to... don't
                        Took your advise and stayed home. So if i get fired for this i'll blame you.

And Skanky, of course...

What?

Comment

• Originally posted by mrmitchell

Depending upon the type and size of the power plant, it can take several days to get one back running to full operational power.

Hopefully Detroit doesn't start having water shortages like Cleveland (I think?) does--that would REALLY be scary
                          Well detroit edison sucks. They probably caused this whole thing. We're back with power in Monroe County just south of Detroit though.

Comment

• I never understand why people scoff at my saying Texas is like a nation unto itself.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• It does have the key to rest of the states, doesn't it
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• I missed that.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X