Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrmitchell
    [url]
    Sounds pretty bad, but they don't mention the doomsday stuff like "power plant in flames."
    Yep, Bloomberg told,
    that people might have mistaken the Clouds which were created after the Boilers of the Powerplant had to be emptied for Clouds from a fire
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

New York news organizations say locals are in good spirits and some are comparing the event to a similar massive power outage in the mid 1960s.
      I remember that. Nine months later there was a large jump in the births data.

Comment

meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
          ??? it's mostly silicone and bow-tox I thought
          I think you might be thinking of Hollywood
          badams

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Triggs
            Did the New York City blackout of 1965 result in a baby boom nine months later?

Just doin my part to fight the urban legends...
            badams

Comment

It wasn't an accedent, it is the beginning of the Communist Revolution.

Comment

I stand corrected. Another urban legend bites the dust.

Comment

The Translator for n-tv in Germany
                  translated the "Dominoeffect" in Bloombergs Speech with
                  "Dominaeffect"
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by cinch
                    Well, at least people seem to be keeping under control and not going nuts:

?There was no real sense of panic,? Nichol said. He said traffic in the downtown streets was normal for the time of day, unlike New York, where panicked residents jammed the highways in cars and on foot.. *****************************************

My compliments to the drivers in Ottawa and Toronto for seemingly keeping things running as smoothly as possible.
                    Where did they get the idea that New Yorkers were panicked? From what I am seeing on TV they all seem pretty calm. All things considered, New Yorkers are taking it in stride..
                    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

yeah, big story... it sucks to be in NY right now... the Brooklyn bridge is covered with pedestrians.

I'm hearing reports about *******s raising prices on ice, batteries, and candles... shame on some people...

As usual, I'm safe in my suburban Chicago home.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Hey, that's capitalism for you. If they can raise the price of goods, more power to 'em, the theiving bastards.
                        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

On Yahoo they're blaming it on excessive power demand. That's weird. This has been one of the coolest summers I've ever experienced.
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Interestingly in Southern Jersey the power flickered off for like a few seconds around 4:10ish, when the NorthEast started to go offline. So it hit us briefly as well.

Apparently there is talk that it may have started in Ohio, Michigan, or Canada, and like 9 power plants went down in 3 minutes (from overflows due to a plant going down, I guess).
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

This has been one of the coolest summers I've ever experienced.

It was pretty hot today in the North East, Doc. I commented on it to my co-workers at lunch today.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Same thing happened here in central NJ (Union County).

Ya'd think they would of fixed the problem of chain reaction power outages after that time in the 60's, but noooo... If I recall it was a similar place similar problem that caused that one. #^$ Canucks. Zylka....
                                Visit First Cultural Industries
                                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                                X