No announcement yet.

Pictures of your City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think the eiffel tower is the same size. But the one in Paris isn't that big, so there might not be that big of a difference. But I'm sure ours is smaller. Hey, the french got to feel good about something- they have so little to be proud of

But that particular photo I took is of the east side of the valley from on top of Frenchman peak which adjacent to sunrise mountain. The east side of the valley is older, and generally considered to be not as good as a neighborhood.

And yes pretty much everything is aligned in nice little square blocks of houses. Except Summerlin. Summerlin is a master planned community that has rounding circular designs. That's considered one of the better neighborhoods in the valley. They have trees and grass everywhere that is seriously putting a cramp on our water supply. With this 5 year drought, we are really draining Lake Mead.

Comment

An images of Northern Virginia

Tyson Corner - an unplanned office district, the largest employment center between DC and Atlanta

"A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

What do you mean by "largest employment center"?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
          What do you mean by "largest employment center"?
          largest total employment - i recall seeing that years ago, while i suppose Charlotte or wherever have grown, I think Tysons has grown even more.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

ok, as I don´t know how to post more than one pic in one post I will poast more than one

a pic of my hometown - vienna - not really a standard tourist pic but it´s ok I think
            Attached Files

Comment

My university, the Alma Mater Rudolphina, founded back in 1365.
              Attached Files

Comment

THIS is a standard tourist pic, I guess many of you know it: Schönbrunn Castle.
                Attached Files

Comment

And now for something completely different: Some of the more than 10.000 participants of the Vienna City Marathon on the Reichsbrücke .....
                  Attached Files

Comment

how can you possibly win if you are stuck in the back?

Comment

• Well just squeeze your way through... and what kind of marathon is that? How can anybody possibly run?
                      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Here we have some fairly standard views of Edinburgh.

Comment

• The EIffel Tower is about 300 metres tall.
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Local bridge:

Part of the skyline at night:

The skyscrapper in the back is the Central Plaza. The building in front is the Convention and Exhibition Centre.

Another view of the bridge

Last edited by Urban Ranger; June 4, 2003, 10:36.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Vilnius wins. Case closed.
                              Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                              Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                              Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• Taken with my digital camera

Buenos Aires:

For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Working...
                                X