Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buenos Aires:

Didn't post this before...

And one more of Madrid, as I am a Madrileño...

The Royal Palace:

For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I live right around the corner from Apple Computers HQ and work right around the corner from Google HQ... I can't work a computer that well, and I for sure can't work a camera... How 'bout that? I am probably the least techiest person in the whole of the S. Bay!
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Azazel: since I own neither a scanner nor a digital camera, I am at the mercy of the net. I am astounded that I even found these many pics of my area, which is not famous. And I still live in manhattan. The island is long, and I live at the very north

Now, from 187 going to were I live, you have to go down a set of stairs:

If you could see it, I live in the first building to the left after you have gone all the way down.

A couple of shots of 187th:

[IMG]http://www.brorson.com/neighborhood/jpeg
        s_new/PinehurstStreetSceneThumb.jpg[/IMG]

Now, my local Bus line on Fort washignton Avenue is the M4. The guy who has taken all these pics has a set of pictures, a Bus tour. Great way to see northern manhattan. I highly recommend it:

Brorson gir deg informasjon om lån med og uten sikkerhet samt en oversikt over ulike typer kreditt. Oppdatert 2021
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

That's one cool bridge!
          My city's downtown area:

A view from across the river:

From on high:

The beach section (plum island), the main city can be seen in the upper right...

More downtown:

Pretty in Fall:

My alma mater:
          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
          Drake Tungsten
          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
          Albert Speer

Comment

More scenes of San Diego

Hotel del Coronado
            (very nice looking)

"The Hive" skyscraper

Molly, at Marine Corps Recruit Depot, San Diego
            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I always loved San Diego when I lived there..
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

First good view of 32nd st Naval station I've found.

Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

This is what my town looks like

Comment

Originally posted by Rogan Josh
                    This is what my town looks like

Looks fun!!!!

Comment

touristy pics...

"beautiful" oslo

city hall

we don't have skyscrapers but we have lots of statues of naked people.

"the monolith", naked people forming an obelix.

parliament

here's where the king lives. plus an ambulance

boats and the holmenkollen ski jump in the backrgrounf
                      Last edited by Gangerolf; June 2, 2003, 18:02.
                      CSPA

Comment

Couple of bridges in Cambridge. First Bridge of Sighs:

Then the Mathemetical Bridge:

This is my old college, St Catharine's. The guy who shot these pics must have waited ten years for that much snow to have fallen

Comment

An idealised view of rowing in Cambridge. Poetry in motion

And what Cambridge college rowing is really about. The Bumps. Twice a year, 18 boats per division try to chase down and bump the boat in front of them, which then moves them up a place in the division. Broken boats, broken bones and broken egos are a common sight on the Cam during the two 4 day sessions. And the next lot starts in less than ten days, hopefully I can take care of some ego busting myself again

Comment

GePap.
                            Many of those views of Washington Heights look familiar to me. I have a friend who lives there, so I visit each Summer. I forget his address (185th?, 181st?) and just search for it when I get off the subway.

It seems a cool area to me - very relaxed and sociable relative to the rest of the island. His part is mostly Hispanic and I think his Spanish has improved since he moved in.
                            "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
                            "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
                            - Pekka

Comment

Most people don't think much of Edmonton ("Deadmonton"), but I think it can be charming in its own way... you just have to ignore all of the refineries.

"I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                              "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                              "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Melbourne, Aust

Flinders Street Station
                                Attached Files
                                "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
                                "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
                                - Pekka

Comment

Working...
                                X