No announcement yet.

Pictures of your City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Francisco, as seen from Telegraph Hill. (Picture taken by me).
    Attached Files
    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
    -Joan Robinson

Comment

This is the only one I could find of Fresno. It's our new baseball stadium for our AAA team. It's our big plan to revitalize our downtown (mixed results so far). What do you think? Our downtown looks kind of cool from inside the park. The other buildings are really old with high vacancy.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

And here's the picture.
        Attached Files
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Links to collections of pictures from my native town, Craiova, in Romania (site in romanian, soryy if it doesn't make sense, just click the thumbnails):

The second link also has some pictures from the Romanescu park, practically the only thing really worth seeing there.

It may not look like much, but it's position is very interesting. Only 1 or 2 hours drive west or north from here, and the scenery changes completely.

Edit: can't spell
          Last edited by Dr. A. Cula; June 3, 2003, 08:16.
          The monkeys are listening.

Comment

You don't want to know about where I live... the tallest buildings in town are pretty small... We've only got about 20,000 inhabitants... the most famous building in this town, was teared down a few weeks ago...

Btw, does anyone have any good places, where to find some nice high quality city scape pictures (for wallpapers) ? I only know about webshots.com
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Gangerolf that's Vigeland park! It's not just a bunch of naked statues

I live in Varese, about 90,000 pop. although I spend most of my time in the big city as my signature says

City park and some kind of old villa

Some kind of obscure parade I've never actually seen

Sky view!

I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Hmm maybe I should search some pictures of my hometown in Romania
                I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

bah! I live in a famous city. You've all seen pictures of my city. Most of them are all touched up and don't show the poor air quality.

This one was taken from on top of a nearby mountain/hill. The air quality and cloud cover make the lighting real bad so you can't see the strip (which is further south (left)) or downtown. And this wasn't taken with my digital camera either, it was a scanned photo.

I need to get on top of Gass peak in the north end of town and see how well a picture of Vegas turns up there. It's too hot to do that hike right now. Hopefully I can get some pictures with my digital camera with better quality.
                  Attached Files

Comment

bumpidy bump.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

what the hell is it, Diss?
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

It's a bunch of houses.

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

That's Las Vegas, Azazel.

Comment

I guess I hate LV, then. . ( The city center cannot compensate for such mind-boggling mediocrity.)
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

( The city center cannot compensate for such mind-boggling mediocrity.)
                                -But have you seen the centre in all it's glory?
                                "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                                -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                                X