Apolyton spellbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL attack
    A variation of the Rolleyes attack whose purpose is to defeat any argument by throwing a massive amount of smilies at it. Important immediate damage, but the spell is inefficient if the argument resists to the first wave. In this case, any further use of the LOL attack is self damaging for the caster
    Edit : a typical LOL attack can be witnessed here

LOL healing
    A technique similar to the LOL attack in its preparation, but with a very different outcome. The caster uses a LOL defense on an ally to boost his ally's charisma by showing his jokes are funny.
    Edit : a typical LOL healing can be found here

Real masters of the LOL School can execute both LOL techniques in the same thread.
    Last edited by Spiffor; May 26, 2003, 10:22.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Armchair General
      Claiming vast knowledge and prediction of a armed conflict's outcome, dispite never having been in the Armed Services.

Is There a God?
      Not to be confused with Does God Exist, this spell provokes MtG into a righteous rage, and the caster of the spell soon finds out "Is there a God?".
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Military Wannabe
        Creature Enchantment. Said poster claims to have been in the military/armed conflict but seems to give answers conflicting with real servicemens' views. Causes enchanted creature to look like a dumb ass in front of everyone.

Slowwhand's Irrestiable Dance
        Creates an infinite number of songs, complete with lyrics.
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Instant promotion: (can only be cast by those with military experience) Magicaly turns individuals from lower ranks into 4 star generals, making them think they are the only worthwhile authority into military history. Length of illusion differs, last longer is backed by other spells. (best with higher strenght [actual knowledge])

Accusatory definition: creature enchantment. Attempts to lower enemy defense and charisma by throwing at it a political label indiscriminately. 95% chance that the spell will be cast back as well.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

On smiley sprite demons:

These varied magical creatures affect various aspects of a poster.

Some enhance/lower charisma
            Others are used for attack and defense.

(not a full list)

On the charisma scale:
            +1
            (variable), +- 1
            +2
            +1
            +2

both charisma and attack smileys:

-2 Ch, +2 attack
            -1 ch, attack
            -2 ch, attack

Attack

+1 attack
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Ignore
              A rarely used spell which allows the caster to be sheltered from other charatcers. However, only the strongest posters can continue to attack their enemies after having cast Ignore on them.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Finnegan's Fabulous Fingers-In-Your-Ears - Cast by telling another poster that he/she is on your ignore list. Does not actually have to be cast in conjunction with ignore.

Ambrose's Ambiguous Ass-Wrappage - Cast by hurling a self-made insult at another poster. Confounds most (if not all) counter-insults, since the other poster knows that he/she has been insulted, but isn't exactly certain how he/she has been insulted.
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Loinburger, anyone tell you you're a genius?

Comment

Clapton's Casual Canvas - Often cast by Slowwhand, this spell is used to create semi-random images which correspond with a preivous post.
                    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Bold - used to put special emphasis on certain words.

Comment

Fin - A spell used to post in another language (not necessarily finnish).
                        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Too Many Damn Middleeast Threads
                          Blanket destruction of Middleeast Threads.

JohnT's Books of Vile Darkness
                          Creates Apolyton Sci-fi book club.

Comment

Godwin's Law - global enchantment. Any poster who accuses the opposition of being a Nazi or communist loses the debate automatically. This spell cannot be dispelled or countered.

Cite - this spell opens a gate to another dimension, where the local denizens will support the caster's position.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Kudos to mods for relocating the thread to its proper home.

Slice

Allows caster to ignore well-constructed, coherent posts by reducing said post to isolated sentences. Lowers morale of all thread combatants. Can only be countered by dreaded or attacks cast by high-charisma posters.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Markos's Mighty Mangling
                                One of the most potent spells, usable only by those with True Power. Increases the strength of the global aura of magic by adding more hacks to the forum software.

Global Banishment
                                Not a spell per se. All magic users are banished to their native plane of existence by a temporary destruction of the world of the Forum.

Ugandan Computer Tirade
                                Named after a certain Ugandan prince. Starts a thread about one or more advancements in technology. Though the first post is usually biased to one side, all the posts following it tend to be biased to the other.

Conformism to non-conformism
                                Makes a non-conformist conform to the current standard of non-conformism. This spell has an area effect, so it is useful for creating large groups of non-conformists to support the underdogs, especially in discussions created by Ugandan Computer Tirades, and it is widely known that the reason why the general bias of those threads tends to be towards non-conformism is because of the existence and common use of this spell.
                                This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Working...
                                X