No announcement yet.

White Trash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its always striking to me how the inner city in Europe is a desirable place to live, with lots of businesses and wealth, while the inner city in America makes early 90's Mogadishu look like Shangri-la.
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Hmmm, so that's why.
      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
      *****Citizen of the Hive****
      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

There are places where you can find higher concentrations of white trash, while the specific activities aren't exclusive to them.

-Listenership of Rush Limbaugh... high concentration of white trash
        -Rural areas
        -Chicago White Sox games
        -NASCAR
        -Horse Racing
        -Wal-Mart
        -Jerry Springer viewers and guests
        -Republican rallies ( you knew this was coming)

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Republican rallies

Then I suppose the Democrats are the rich snobs who say they like Opera, but secretly sneak out the backdoor during the performances.

I'm not white trash, mostly because I like books and such moreso than television.

I meet none of the criteria Dissident lists, even though I sometimes feel the same way that you do, uncomfortable around wealth and opulence.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Actually, obiwan, I think many extremely wealthy people are Republican. Remember, the majority of smart Republicans are the rich ones benefitting from their policies. The Democratic voter base is primarily middle class. The rich Democrats are usually self-made, a lot of lawyers are Democrats. The poor Democrats are usually urban or suburban working class. Likewise, rich Republicans are usually inherited wealthy people. Typically, high level corporate people are Republican (big surprise). Some Republican supporters are religious conservatives. But religion is not usually an indicator of political party affiliation. My opinions certainly aren't the be all and end all of who supports what party. And they certainly don't apply to everyone. These are just tendencies.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

A backtracking troll changing clothes.

So republicans are either rich business owners or poor white trash?

What does that leave for the Democrats?
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                Its always striking to me how the inner city in Europe is a desirable place to live, with lots of businesses and wealth, while the inner city in America makes early 90's Mogadishu look like Shangri-la.
                It depends on which city you live in. Here in California downtown addresses are amoung the hottest & most expensive address in town. If you don't believe me then try looking at apartment prices in downtown San Fransisco, San Diego, or Santa Barbara.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Actually, obiwan, I think many extremely wealthy people are Republican. Remember, the majority of smart Republicans are the rich ones benefitting from their policies. The Democratic voter base is primarily middle class. The rich Democrats are usually self-made, a lot of lawyers are Democrats. The poor Democrats are usually urban or suburban working class. Likewise, rich Republicans are usually inherited wealthy people. Typically, high level corporate people are Republican (big surprise). Some Republican supporters are religious conservatives. But religion is not usually an indicator of political party affiliation. My opinions certainly aren't the be all and end all of who supports what party. And they certainly don't apply to everyone. These are just tendencies.
                  And where did you pull that out of?! Utter BS. IMO. Don't present opinions as facts.

Rednecks, poor black trash, lezbians, and illegal aliens.

uggg.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18

A backtracking troll changing clothes.

Not quite. You apparantly haven't at all paid attention to anything I've ever said about the makeup of Republican supporters.

For the record. The vast majority of all American voters belong in the "independent" category. These people routinely decide elections and vote either Republican or Democrat. They usually vote for a candidate and not a political party.

And where did you pull that out of?! Utter BS. IMO. Don't present opinions as facts.
                    Maybe you need to renew your subcription to Hooked on Phonics. I made a point of saying these were my opinions. And I think it's common knowledge that unless someone links to another source, anything that is said is opinion. The least you could do is read what people say before making silly remarks.
                    My opinions certainly aren't the be all and end all of who supports what party. And they certainly don't apply to everyone. These are just tendencies
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The least you could do is read what people say before making silly remarks.
                      at least you thoght they were silly~!
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Apolyton seems to be a lot more political now days then it used to be. And some of that is rubbing off on me as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

at least you thoght they were silly~!
                          I had another explative there. Usually, I use the word silly so I don't get banned for saying something else.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava:

No further comment.

Peace.

Comment

I never pictured you as white trash, if that means anything to you.
                              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer

Sad but true.

At the hospital, some call obese patients "Michigan Class One" or so on and so forth, due to our state's preponderence of pendulus potbellies... I've treated more than a few Michigan Class Fours.

Hey now!! I married a Michigan boy And after my time here and the catfights I'd have to say even though I wasn't raised white trash I have arrived!!
                                Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                                Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                                Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                                You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Working...
                                X