White Trash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't rememeber using either term.

And Che, I tried SO hard to let your remark pass, as it was uncalled for; but, BITE ME!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
      I was born in a trailer park and lived in one for my first three years. Eventually we became middle class.
      Just after I was born, my family got kicked out of the trailer park - no kidding!

We need a trailer park vets club.
      Be the bid!

Comment

Originally posted by Sten Sture
        Sava - your list I think reflects the common perception, but consider my current environment:

San Francisco - most expensive city in the US; high proponderance of inherited wealth among citizens; 85% NIMBY Democrat.

Drives this formerly poor white kid from the midwest crazy - makes me want to be a little white trash sometimes. So I wear my Auburn Tigers ball cap to fight off the Yale Crew sweatshirts.
        Well, like I said, it's my opinion. And my opinions are based upon my experience. And considering I've only lived in the Chicago area my entire life... well... there you go. I'm hardly a well-traveled objective source of information.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

As the mongrel offspring of a Taiwanese capitalist and a German American possible-fascist, the last choice had to be my line of best fit.
          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I lived in a trailer for the most of my first 5 years of life

the people arround, for most of my life, have been white trash

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Can a storm be officially designated as a tornado without touching down at a trailer park?
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

What a silly question Sloww... of course not

but... if a trailer park is destroyed by a tornado, and channel 2 didn't get it on tape, did the trailer park really exist?
                Monkey!!!

Comment

As someone who lived through Black Tuesday in Wichita Falls Texas may I say Sloww. And no, if it doens't hit the trailer park it's not a tornado!
                  Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                  Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                  Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                  You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    Can a storm be officially designated as a tornado without touching down at a trailer park?
                    The tornado normally touches down in a number of areas but the trailer park is filled with the worst constructed homes which have no real foundation so the damage is always worse. It's as simple as that.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I also heard that the layout and construction of the homes attract tornados, I am not saying that it was true. Yet, it could seem reasonable that large trailer parks, which are low lying and generally allow for currents to easily travel through/over/under, could cause minor changes/influences in weather patterns and attract such things a tornadoes.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

I don't know if anyone outside of Canada can get this show, but it truely celebrates white trash :

There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Trailer Park Boys is fantastic.

I ran across it by accident at first, and I just couldn't stop watching, even though it looks so amateurish.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

trailer parks......
                            aspen white trash? :P
                            "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                              They call that "wetback", GePap.
                              No clue what you are talking about.

No, "live-in maid" was not a euphamism: middle class or rich people in Panam usually hire some young poor person that comes lives in their house and does all the cleaning and laundry, and sometimes the cooking as well.
                              If you don't like reality, change it! me
                              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

When I was in Panama I noticed how stratified Panamanian society was. There was an upper class composed of land owners, educated Proffessionals, and (yes) expatriot Americans who had money and then there were poor landless peasants who had to scratch out a living some how.

The whole time I was there I kept running into Americans who had retired and moved to Panama because they could live like a king with a huge house and servants on just social security and a normal pension. Plus there was the canal zone near by so they could get a taste of America any time they wanted.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X