No announcement yet.

Roman Civil War ToT PBEM playtest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hold on Kull, don't proceed with your turn yet. I'm going to start a thread asking about lazyciv for ToT. Every time you lose a city your queues will be muddled. I know you are a good player and won't lose that many cities under normal circumstances, but I plan on taking Brigantium in a turn or two which will cripple your production again. It could be catastrophic to lose multiple turns of production because it is a self perpetuating cycle. Everytime you lose a city, it makes it harder to survive (because of lost production) which makes it easier for others to conquer your cities and so forth.
    Re-elect Bush!

Comment

• Well, there's no hurry now. I'm away on business until Friday, so hopefully you'll luck out on the LacyCiv front before then!
      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• seems the game can get going. cool
        Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• It seems a possible working version of LazyCivToT came out. I guess we should check and see if it works.
          Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

• LOL, got that one in right before me
            Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

• It would seem that the best test would be for MC to replay the turn in which he conquered Legio. Don't try to replicate all the results of the turn - just follow Angelo's instructions, capture the city, save, and post the result. I can then download the test game and confirm whether or not LazyCSPL works. Assuming it does - and no one objects - MC can perform a full replication replay (ie ensure all results occur as in his first turn) and the rest of us can do likewise. And from now on, every person who plans to capture a city during their, MUST utilize LazyCSPL.

Sound like a plan?

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• sounds fine by me

Comment

• Please work!
                  Attached Files
                  Re-elect Bush!

Comment

• Do we all need to download this for it to work?
                    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• You'll need to download lazyciv.
                      Re-elect Bush!

Comment

• Originally posted by MagyarCrusader
                        Please work!
                        It works!!! Angelo has done it again!!!

So - if MC, Tech, ANZAC, and Civfan are willing to replay their last turns, we can move forward as happier campers.

In partial answer to Techumseh, yes, everyone should download a copy of LazyCSPL....BUT, they don't have to run it every turn. If my understanding is correct, only those players who anticipate conquering an enemy city need to run the program - both before AND after their turn.

Comment

• yes, I didn't conquer any cities during my last turn so no need for me to replay it I guess.

Comment

• Am I supposed to take my turn again, or is it someone else first? Just say the word and its done.
                            Re-elect Bush!

Comment

• Yes - feel free to "multi-play" until you achieve the same results....same is true for the others.

Comment

• i'm willing to play my last turn, dont mind the pratice of capturing Parthian cities
                                Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Working...
                                X