Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nothing to report except sailing is safe yet again
    Attached Files
    Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

• Do not discuss Bump Club.
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

• i'm really sorry about this but due to time restrains, I wont be able to finish this game, sorry all for such short notice.

Resign my commission!
        Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• I've posted for a replacement in this forum and on CivFanatics.......standing by......
          To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• BUMP

So I guess we are still waiting for a replacement?
            Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

• Lets go. I wanna invade Gaul!
              Re-elect Bush!

Comment

• Gaul? She belongs to Egypt.
                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

• How are we going to do this - will someone take over Crassus in addition to their own civ?
                  http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• This has taken a gawdawful long time......one of the problems - apparently - with ToT-based PBEMS is that the small user base really hurts when trying to round up new players.

Tecumseh: Since this is your baby, it might be time to actively proselytize known ToT users.

Since this is technically a playtest, let me offer an observation about the Gallic civ. I've been reading Caesar's "Conquest of Gaul", and it's pretty clear he only succeeded because the Gauls were a bunch of totally independent (and mutually hostile) tribes. My successes, such as they are, would never have been possible in the "real world" of a divided ancient Gaul. If you redesign the game, I'd recommend making them a Barbarian Civ and use events to add the occasional uprising. The other benefit of this would be to reduce the number of human controlled civs, making it easier to round up opponents and leaving open the possibility of civil wars (if you lose your civ's capital).

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• No man, ToT cultists are just around the corner...
                      Believe in the power of The Test of Time! Repent, for The Test is coming!
                      "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
                      -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
                      "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
                      "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• I've already emailed someone. I'll let you know tomorrow. If he's not available, would you be interested, tanelorn?
                        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• I've heard from Dave Wylie (Boco), and I think he's willing to give it a (Parthian) shot.

Kull, thanks for the suggestions. I think the Gauls probably do need to be adjusted, although my original frame of reference was based on finding a situation with 7 playable civs. They were supposed to be somewhat inferior to the Cisalpine Romans and this was to be redressed when the Gaulic revolt was triggered by the loss of enough cities. Unfortunately, we never got to that point.
                          Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• Greetings from the enlightened East. I've read these annals and yet have much to learn, save this: much gas arises from Gaul, though the orifice of its source is yet unclear.

I see one ruler with my PBEM experience had many tribulations (that would be Michael Daumen). From whence should I obtain copies of this worthy scenario in it's most current version? CSPL/Lazy Civ? Tips/FAQ's? Be patient, oh impatient ones as I learn these barbaric Roman ways.
                            El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

• Originally posted by techumseh
                              ........I think he's willing to give it a (Parthian) shot.
                              Hmmmm. Unless Fairline has also taken a powder, we were looking for a replacement for Crassus......Which means Boco has met the "barbaric Romans", and he is them!

Comment

• Once I couldn't spell 'Romin Lejunare', now I are one?

I was wondering about that! Uh-oh, my chief rival to the East is also the beta tester for EA! We seem to like that theater.

Who's turn is it, anyway? Is the version at Tecumseh's Village the correct one?
                                El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Working...
                                X