Roman Civil War ToT PBEM playtest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crassus the Eager

Uh-Oh! It appears my troops are all too eager to repeat the mistakes of history.

Is this better? Do I need to run CSPL-LazyCiv as well?

As for bracae, those tegmen barbarum! Not fitting for a true republican, which of course all true Romans are - right Caesar?
    Attached Files
    El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

• Originally posted by The ANZAC
      if you don't capture any cities during your turn, then there is no need to use it. If you do capture a city, you must use it.
      what he said.....
      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• King Orodes pauses at the borders of Crassus' provinces to parley.
        Last edited by fairline; August 31, 2003, 09:05.
        http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• Always helps to attach the savegame in PBEMs
          Attached Files

Comment

• It really HAS been a long delay, so as a reminder to one and all, here's the order of play:

Roman Senate (Cicero): The ANZAC
            Syrian Legions (Crassus): Boco
            Gauls (Vercingetorix): Kull
            Egyptians (Cleopatra): St. cLeo
            Parthians (Orodes): Fairline
            Spanish Legions (Pompey): Magyar Crusader
            Cisalpine Legions (Caesar): techumseh

It's actually a good thing that fairline jumped his turn, though, otherwise he wouldn't have noticed Crassus' "Control-N" problem. That said, Vercingetorix will be moving now......or at least soon.....(using Boco's last save game)

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Oops! Guess I was a bit trigger-happy there Kull.

Comment

• Comes from thinking with thine Bracae. Neither Caesar nor I take offence against thine selective enforcement of the 9 hour or forfeit rules.
                El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boco
                  Comes from thinking with thine Bracae. Neither Caesar nor I take offence against thine selective enforcement of the 9 hour or forfeit rules.
                  I think I had that coming I've been caught with my bracae well and trully down

Comment

• Dangerous Tech Trades?

Tecumseh: Game Mechanics Question

I've been discussing Tech Trades with other civs, and one of the few Techs I have available for trade is Druidism - which is Fundamentalism renamed. I checked the Rules.txt and it's clear that this won't have an impact on units (only Gaul can build the "free to fundy" unit), but would this trade make Fundamentalism available to other civs - and if it did, is that a bad thing?

The larger question is, are there ANY Techs which should never be traded?

With regards to my earlier comments on the unitary nature of the Gallic civ: One way to keep them in the game (clearly your preference) would be to break up the Gallic civ a bit, separating it with Barbarian cities. At least some of these should be defended by forts, making it very difficult for the Gauls to conquer them all. This change would force the Gallic player to focus a lot of his effort on internal warfare - which has the added benefit of being historically accurate! I'd also pump up the "D" in the Basque cities - they should be much harder to conquer (i.e. ALL of them should have forts, and maybe the one in the middle - Legio - should be "Barb controlled")

Comment

• Giving Fundy out is going to make some rich civs.
                      El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

• Re: Dangerous Tech Trades?

Originally posted by Kull
                        Tecumseh: Game Mechanics Question

I've been discussing Tech Trades with other civs, and one of the few Techs I have available for trade is Druidism - which is Fundamentalism renamed. I checked the Rules.txt and it's clear that this won't have an impact on units (only Gaul can build the "free to fundy" unit), but would this trade make Fundamentalism available to other civs - and if it did, is that a bad thing?
                        I toggled the "Forbid Government Switching" on, so theoretically it shouldn't matter. I recall that there's a bug which still allows a revolution in the turn the specific government tech is received. Does anyone know if this is true?

The larger question is, are there ANY Techs which should never be traded?
                        I'll ponder that. If so, I can use @CIVILIZE2 and @LEADERS in a revised version to prevent them being traded.

With regards to my earlier comments on the unitary nature of the Gallic civ: One way to keep them in the game (clearly your preference) would be to break up the Gallic civ a bit, separating it with Barbarian cities. At least some of these should be defended by forts, making it very difficult for the Gauls to conquer them all. This change would force the Gallic player to focus a lot of his effort on internal warfare - which has the added benefit of being historically accurate! I'd also pump up the "D" in the Basque cities - they should be much harder to conquer (i.e. ALL of them should have forts, and maybe the one in the middle - Legio - should be "Barb controlled")
                        That has possiblities. Caesar conquered Gaul by taking sides in several inter-tribal wars. Until Vercingetorix's revolt he always had Gaulic allies.
                        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• "Message to Julius Caesar":

Thy silence speaks like thunder! Since Caesar - thy tongue stricken by fear - has not responded to the magnanimous terms offered by our king, the mighty Vercingetorix, be prepared for still greater defeats to hasten thy exit from Gaul. Vast armies congregate outside the walls of Lugdunum and Narbo, and soon these cities shall return to the warm embrace of Gallic rule! Bundle up thy tents and load thy baggage wagons - ye shall soon have need of them as ye curl thy tail and return to Rome like a beaten puppy, vile invader!

"Message to Pompey the Treacherous":

Methinks thy cavalry has ventured a bit to close to the Gallic Stronghold of Brigantium. But the good news is that Pompey may offer their empty tents to the next group of corpses-to-be. Be patient yet a while longer, child of the brothels - for soon enough Caesar shall meet his well deserved end, and then it shall be the turn of Pompey to enjoy the feel of Gallic swords twisting in his overfed belly!

Comment

• Mayhap the attachment would be of service?
                            Attached Files

Comment

• The third siege unit has passed the giant mounds of horse manure outside our Jerusalem camp.
                              Attached Files
                              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

• Bump for Fairline.
                                Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
                                X