No announcement yet.

Roman Civil War ToT PBEM playtest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is the lineup, in order. Boco you are Crassus indeed. (Sorry for my confusion) And it's your turn.

Roman Senate (Cicero): The ANZAC
    Syrian Legions (Crassus): Boco
    Gauls (Vercingetorix): Kull
    Egyptians (Cleopatra): St. cLeo
    Parthians (Orodes): Fairline
    Spanish Legions (Pompey): Magyar Crusader
    Cisalpine Legions (Caesar): techumseh
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• Is the version at Tecumseh's Village the correct one? I'll need a day or so to read the FAQ's, install the scenario, etc. Sorry about the delay, but RL's a bit busy.

Orodes, I hope you've already executed your general Surena!
      El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

• Yes, it's the right (and only) one.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• Welcome aboard Dave!

Does the version on Tech's site include the rules change posted in this thread somewhere? Also there's some malarkey about using CSPL/Lazy Civ when taking cities. I'm not sure I fully understand why, but then again I'm fairly stupid
          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• Originally posted by fairline
            Welcome aboard Dave!
            What I meant to say was: Death to the Roman scum Crassus! May your shrivelled corpse be feasted on by a thousand vultures! etc etc

Comment

• Uh, okay I've downloaded what's currently on Tec's village.

Am I allowed to examine Rules.txt, or is that cheating?

And Orodes Fairtongue, just come a little closer to our pilums (pila?) for a true Roman greeting!

I see I'm going to have to find some Asterix sites for oratory inspiration, although good king Vercingetorix provides plenty.
              El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

• Okay if we're going to get this rolling again, I'll need some patient answers to a lot of silly questions.

Do I work with Anzac's Rome54sept.net? What's the password?

For the purpose of handicapping more experienced players in a PBEM game, or for a greater challenge in a single player game, the Syrian Legions (Crassus) ... are the most difficult to play.
                El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boco

Do I work with Anzac's Rome54sept.net? What's the password?
                  Yes.

You'll probably have to PM Civfan for it.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• Crassus the Younger attempts to board! Rejected!

Uh-oh! Crassus' guards are tough nuts to crack.

CivFan gave me two passwords to try, but I couldn't load the game. Here's the sequence of menus and my selections.
                    • The Test of Time -> Start a Multiplayer Game
                    • Multiplayer Game -> Internet Game
                    • Internet (TCP/IP) -> Load a Saved Game
                    • Select Game to Load -> rome54sept.net
                    • Please Enter Your Net Name -> Boco
                    • Please Enter Your Game Name -> Crass
                    • Please Verify Your IP Address -> LXVIII.XXXVI.CCV.CLXXXV (in Arabic numerals)
                    • Available Players LXVIII.XXXVI.CCV.CLXXXV -> Start Game
                    • Civilization II Multiplayer Game Profile -> OK
                    • Player 1: -> Syrian Legions (Crassus), then OK
                    • Crassus: Please Enter Your Password -> CivFan's password (tried both of them)
                    • Password Rejected...

Did I make a mistake in my attempt to usurp the throne?

El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

• That's the route that normally works for me, Dave. I don't think the IP address is important, so I guess the password must be wrong. I think Henrik or somebody has the ability of removing PBEM passwords(?)

Comment

• The cavalry rides to the rescue (Gallic Cavalry, I might add!)

When CivFan bailed from the SoG PBEM, he sent me some possible passwords for the Babylonian civ, and one of those worked for "Crassus". So stand by Boco, the key to your kingdom will be in the next PM.
                        To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Crassus the illiterate!

Coulda sworn both of CF's pw's failed, but when I tried the second one again - the one you sent, Kull - it worked. Must of mistyped it earlier. I'll accept the title of Crassus the Careless.

Many thanks Kullgetorix!

Crassus is currently celebrating the birthday of his offspring. Wait one more day and I'll end this long delay.

Psst! Don't boast about Gallic cavalry to the Parthians. IIRC, they proved worthless at Carrhae.
                          El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

• Re: Crassus the illiterate!

Originally posted by Boco
                            Psst! Don't boast about Gallic cavalry to the Parthians. IIRC, they proved worthless at Carrhae.
                            Bah! The hot winds now blow from the East, do they? Bring they timid legions to the forests of Gaul and our horsemen will teach them a thing or two! But alas, I fear the noble Orodes will do some teaching of his own first, and bones bleaching in the sun make for poor students!
                            To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Fierce Parthians? Do you mean those whelps with Roman pila in their arses scampering Eastward?

The students you seek are a little busy with spoils.

Gauls speak mightily from their obscure hovels far from civilization!
                              Attached Files
                              El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

• Crassus the Unready

You are all mouth and no bracae, Crassus! Your puny legions appear over-eager to charge from your cities to their deaths (Press cntrl-N after moving your pitiful armies and before saving the game).

Hurry, I am keen to begin the slaughter

Comment

Working...
                                X