Roman Civil War ToT PBEM playtest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roman Civil War ToT PBEM playtest

Roman Civil War is a made-for-PBEM Test of Time scenario. All Civs are playable. You can download it here: http://www.tecumseh.150m.com/

I'm organizing a sign up for a PBEM playtest. If you're interested, please sign up here:

Roman Senate (Cicero): The ANZAC
    Syrian Legions (Crassus): Boco
    Gauls (Vercingetorix): Kull
    Egyptians (Cleopatra): St. cLeo
    Parthians (Orodes): Fairline
    Spanish Legions (Pompey): Magyar Crusader
    Cisalpine Legions (Caesar): techumseh

Test of Time is available online for ten bucks or so.
    Last edited by techumseh; October 27, 2003, 22:22.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

I'll take the Roman Senate
    Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

I'd like to take the Parthians please
      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

I'll take the Egyptians.
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

finally getting my moneys worth. I'll take the Syrian Legions
          Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

May I join in? I have some ToT scenario design experience and quite a bit of scenario experience in general. The only problem is that this would be my first PBEM game and you might have to drag me along a little as far as jargon and procedure are concerned. I would like to take the Spanish Legions for 200, please.
            "If you are not confused by quantum physics, then you haven't really understood it." -Niels Bohr
            "The true test of your character is what it takes to stop you." -Dr. Bob Jones Sr.

Comment

OK, do I start first, or am I just the first civ on the list? and if I do, should I start on prince?
              Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by The ANZAC
                OK, do I start first, or am I just the first civ on the list? and if I do, should I start on prince?
                I'd like to get the last 2 positions filled, first. My problem (such as it is ) is that I'm leaving tomorrow for 2 weeks vacation. I Won't be back until the 6 of January. So yes, ANZAC, please start as soon as we can get the Gauls and Cisalpine Legion spots filled. We need a Caesar and a Vercingetorix. Kull, you wanted in on this didn't you?

And no, start on Diety (or whatever I've renamed that to). I'm defying convention, 'cause I think the AI SHOULD cheat.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

As much as it galls me to play as the French, I'll take de Gauls....

I do have one question- and please don't take offense - but is it really a good idea for the designer to release a new scenario for playtest - and immediately disappear for two weeks?
                  To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Originally posted by Kull
                    As much as it galls me to play as the French, I'll take de Gauls....
                    That's sooo bad, but thanks.

I do have one question- and please don't take offense - but is it really a good idea for the designer to release a new scenario for playtest - and immediately disappear for two weeks?
                    Yes it is. I'll try to find an internet cafe and check in, but I can't guarantee it. I was trying to get this out a month or so ago, as you know, but these things have their own stubborn pace. If people want to wait until Jan 6 to start, that's fine too. I have played several SP games as various civs, and I'm not anticipating major problems.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Caesar shall forth: the things that threaten'd me / Ne'er look'd but on my back; when they shall see /The face of Caesar, they are vanished.

I'll do it.
                      "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
                      -OOTS

Comment

Roman troops under Gaius Canellus Florius have seized Rhodes and are currently carrying out operations against Anatolian barbarians.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Soldiers train to become better. Troops being transfered around the region. In other words all is clear at the moment.

Parthian king, check your private messages.
                          Egypt, All the good fortune to you.
                          Roman Senate. Hello, I'm at your service.
                          My friends, allies Pompey and Ceasar. Lets keep the peace between us and rule in good faith for the people of the Romans.

To the rest, the Barbarians. Bow to Rome and pay your tribute to us. We will be your friends, your enemies.

I dont know, old age is great.
                          Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

heres the file
                            Attached Files
                            Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

The summer of '55

The peaceful farmers of Gaul quietly go about their business - to all appearances it's a year like any other.
                              Attached Files
                              To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Working...
                              X