No announcement yet.

Roman Civil War ToT PBEM playtest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kull, I think MagCru has his finger on the best way to proceed with the new events. I wonder though, if the new events will then be permanently imbedded in your sav. file, or if this only occurs when a scenario is begun?

ANZAC, I think a schism is not a bad thing, esp. in a Civil War scenario. But I take the point that appropriate alternatives need to be prepared in the Rules txt.

If any pop-up messages ocurr, I guess it's up to you (ANZAC) to post them here.

BTW, and this is most embarrassing, where do I change the name of railroads which appears on the map? I overlooked changing this to "clouds" when trying to finish up the scenario.

Thanks for your input everyone.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• labels.txt? Just open it up and do a quick search on the word railroad.
      Re-elect Bush!

Comment

• Labels.txt
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

• Thanks guys. I must have forgotten to save my changes. It was the first place I tried.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• Never changed the events file but here my turn

Troops move around, some parthians destroyed.
            Attached Files
            Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• Kull has kindly agreed to take over the Parthians while I'm away from this Friday onwards. Hope this is OK with everyone.
              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• Mighty Caesar does not object, as long as fellow truimvir Crassus does not.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• ok with me
                  Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• I don't know Fairline... if Kull plans on defending Parthia the way he defended Pallantia you might not have a civ to control when you come back.
                    Re-elect Bush!

Comment

• The virtuous Vercingtorix knows naught of this "Kull" of whom the Pompous One doth speak. But if to trust and suffer betrayal is a great fault, than certainly the King of the Gauls is guilty of that. As for Pompey, that whelp of whores can take solace in at least one fact - his "word" truly is worth it's weight in merde!
                      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• "Message to Julius Caesar":

And who could this be, astride a bony nag outside the mighty fortress of Gergovia? It seems that Caesar has grown tired of licking his wounds and comes forth in search of new ones! Rest assured, the Gauls will gladly assist ye in this quest.

"Message to Pompous the Miniscule":

What ails ye, o' mighty warrior? Thy troops laze about in the fields near Legio, their spears growing rustier by the day. Could it be that they are discomfited by the sight of armed Gauls upon the walls? Alas for thee, these defenders are not women and children as was the case in Pallantia. But take heart treacherous one - thy strategy of waiting for the garrison to die of old age is certain to bear fruit - in 50 annum or so!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Kull; May 9, 2003, 02:19.
                        To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Originally posted by MagyarCrusader
                          I don't know Fairline... if Kull plans on defending Parthia the way he defended Pallantia you might not have a civ to control when you come back.
                          You obviously don't know just how bad at this game I am...
                          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• Egypt has disassembled her navy into catapults. Jerusalem must fall. With a brash new General leading her armies, it just might work.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by fairline
                              I call upon the armies of our friend and neighbour Cleopatra to aid us in ejecting the upstart Crassus and retoring the lands of the East to their rightful owners (there might be a few quid in this for you Cleo )
                              Cleo expresses regret at being unable to intervene on either side of the conflict due to several pesky barbarian city-states blocking the way.

Comment

• Crassus believes its in best interest for both Egypt and Rome to stay out of this little conflict!
                                Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Working...
                                X