No announcement yet.

Roman Civil War ToT PBEM playtest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoken like a most noble and true Roman! Hail Pompeius Magnus!
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• The King of the Gauls will happily apologize to Pompey's Head - provided it's delivered to Alesia atop a pike!
      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• (Insofar as the raison d'etre of this PBEM is to playtest a new scenario, the Gallic King took certain liberties that he otherwise would not, and thus examined the Events file......)

Not satisfied simply with the spilling of innocent Gallic Blood, the evil Caesar has also deliberately mispelled the names of countless Gallic cities, thereby depriving their owner of the Events that are rightly his! Is there no limit to thy perfidy, o' Caesar?

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• We shan't take Latin lessons from you, illiterate one! However, if you are as desperate for a Gallic Revolt as you appear, we will try to oblige you. Provide a list of offending hovels and we will assign a Greek scribe to produce a properly conjuncted events scroll.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• Verily, Caesar's japes are as humorous as his generalship - the Lord of Alesia did laugh most readily upon hearing his literacy impugned by the very man who committed the following linguistic atrocities:

Events - - - - - - Map
            Gwena - - - - - - Gwenea
            Limonium - - - - Limonum

Comment

• The King of the Gauls will happily apologize to Pompey's Head - provided it's delivered to Alesia atop a pike!
              A most unwise decision, but then again Gauls are not known for their clairvoyant foresight.
              Re-elect Bush!

Comment

• Originally posted by Civfan
                With Parthian slave girls, archers and catapults acting as spies in Cassus's Roman territory,

Crassus decides the truce with Parthia has long expired. Death to the Parthian's, the barbarians of the east!

Prepare for War!

To glory and eastern riches!

Nothing less than Orodes in chains!
                Treacherous Roman scum! (Crassus, that is - I wouldn't want the other more noble members of the Triumvirate and senate to think I mean them )

War it is Crassus. Your armies will fall before the might of Parthia! Your men shall become my slaves! Your private parts shall adorn my wife's earrings!

I call upon the armies of our friend and neighbour Cleopatra to aid us in ejecting the upstart Crassus and retoring the lands of the East to their rightful owners (there might be a few quid in this for you Cleo )
                Attached Files
                http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• Attached Files
                  Re-elect Bush!

Comment

• Mighty Caesar dismisses the messages purported to be from the "King of the Gauls". "There is no King in Gaul", he proclaims. "Just a motley collection of petty tribal chiefs."

Mighty Caesar arrives with his legions at the gates of Gergovia. He fortifies his forces on the hills overlooking the city and awaits reinforcements. He offers the various clan chiefs and their rabble safe passage if they wish to withdraw.
                    Attached Files

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• It has been drawn to the attention of Mighty Caesar that certain Gaulish rabble cannot find their homes. This is apparently because maps list the names of some of their cities in Latin, rather in the crude runic scrawl they are used to. Mighty Caesar suspects this inability to find their own homes may actually have more to do with the typical Celtic fondness of the barbarians for strong ale. However, it amuses Mighty Caesar to "correct" these maps, so that the Gaulish louts can prepare their revolt. They will have need of it.
                      Attached Files

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• I'm going to be in the US from 10th May to 24th May. If anyone would like to take over the Parthians for this period please PM me.
                        http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• More trade in the Roman Republic.

OOC: I noticed starting up my own game and playing as Caesar, when I captured Rome, since the Gauls were destroyed, a schism occurred in the Roman Republican forces. You might want to fix this in the events by adding the NOSCHISM command.
                          Attached Files
                          Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

• Originally posted by The ANZAC
                            OOC: I noticed starting up my own game and playing as Caesar, when I captured Rome, since the Gauls were destroyed, a schism occurred in the Roman Republican forces. You might want to fix this in the events by adding the NOSCHISM command.
                            Or - with proper planning - this could be treated as a "feature". Make sure each of the Civs has a series of appropriate alternates (f/e, Caesar's forces could split into Octavian or Antony controlled factions, the Senate into Brutus/Cassius, etc.) and then such a split would appear semi-historical.

Tecumseh: Are events in ToT "embedded" in the .net save file, much like they are in "regular civ"? If so, someone here needs to strip out the existing events using delevent.exe and then start up a game using the new event file. If that's done, presumably no one else would even have to use the new event file (although they should download it to ensure that future games work properly - assuming, that is, you haven't embedded the Bad Events in your .scn file) Also, do events such as the Rebellion (which seems to based on some kind of random probability) happen only at the start of each new year? If there are events in which notification goes only to Player #1 (in this case it would be The ANZAC), a good "House Rule" would be for such player to post them in this thread.

Comment

• Yeah I haven't gotten anything too special popping up

As for the schism thing, yes, they just need to change the entries in the rules.txt IIRC for it to work right.

Also, if you need me to setup the new events, just tell me. But couldn't we avoid this just by not renaming the cities?
                              Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

• Kull,

events are embedded just like regular civ. Just run delevent and start the game up with new events and it will work like previous versions of civ. BTW, I like that idea for rebellion, but are you saying Gaul won't be around when Caesar marches on Rome?

And yes, only the first player gets the events text messages.
                                Re-elect Bush!

Comment

Working...
                                X