No announcement yet.

"Nothin' Fancy" Sxn Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

However, you may need to acquire a set of the .txt files as well since MP utilises more unit slots than SP for example...

Is this a succession Game record - on page 4 - with only two players completed??

Another quote from 'The Office': I thought I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, but is was some b*stard with a torch carrying another pile of work for me!
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Straybow
      I stepped out in order to give room for 'newbies'.
      Ready to step in again. Let me know.
      Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Tried your suggestion, SG.

Civ2orig.exe caused a General protection fault, with two different errors before my blue screen of death.

Nope, looks like you are in, LaFayette.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Another thought for Grigor --

Try renaming the file in a PC-friendly way, with 8 characters or less for the filename, no spaces, and an extension of .sav. Macs tend to use long descriptive names, and I always have to remember to rename my files for the masses. I see you've tried eliminating spaces. Now try shortening as well.

Mac name might be: King Federico 1999 A.D.
          PC version would be: fe_1999a.sav
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

redux: Oy vey, what a mess!

old play list; Shakespeare's Theatre makes all citizens content

Straybow
            SCG
            SG[1]
            DaveV
            STYOM
            Lafayette
            SG(2)
            Last edited by Straybow; February 4, 2003, 20:05.
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion jrabbit. Here is the save in PC-acceptable form:
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody Monk
                For what it's worth, I suggest you keep checking that site. I got a new, still in the wrapper, MPGE game for $15, including shipping.
                Monk
                May have gotten lucky - will see. Found an MPGE Jewel case only for $7, including $2 S/H advertised in very good condition. delivery by 2/5/03.
                Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Originally posted by Grigor
                  Thanks for the suggestion jrabbit. Here is the save in PC-acceptable form:
                  well, it's still 9.3 characters, but i also saved it as 7.3 with same results...

and just out of curiousity, are any other mac users able to load grigor's save?
                  Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Originally posted by SCG

well, it's still 9.3 characters, but i also saved it as 7.3 with same results...

and just out of curiousity, are any other mac users able to load grigor's save?
                    SCG,

I assume you can read the .sav on your PC (??). I still cannot read the save on my PC, although, other MGE attachments read fine. Something strange going on in Mac World??

Monk
                    so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody Monk
                      SCG,

I assume you can read the .sav on your PC (??). I still cannot read the save on my PC, although, other MGE attachments read fine. Something strange going on in Mac World??
                      Monk
                      nope, i still can't read the game - I'm curious as to whether people like JRabbit (with what sounds like a slightly different mac version) are able to read it?

Also, @obiwan18 - could you install 2.42 in a diff directory and still play?
                      Insert witty phrase here

Comment

OK. Last try, in 8.3. I seem to be detail-impaired, which doesn't help.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nope, still no go for either 2.42 or MGE/PC. *sigh*

DaveV? Git[1]?
                          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I'd been trying not to tread on SG[1]'s toes, but (dons hobnailed boots):

2500 1 gold - I like a bit more in reserve than that. Move some workers - have I mentioned before how much I loathe fish? Change production in Hello There! from phalanx to horses.
                            2450 Hut at (65,37) yields chariot (supported by Madrid).
                            2400 Canute demonstrates the wonders of Iron Working.
                            2250 Valencia founded. Huts: (71,39) Chariots (Valencia); (64,26) advanced tribe (Salamanca) . Vikings pay 50 tribute. Rush settlers in Seville.
                            2150 Vikings pay 50 gold.
                            2100 Monarchy discovered, one turn early , Currency next. Rush a warrior to keep order in Seville. Revolt at end of turn.
                            2050 Now in Monarchy, science to 70%.
                            2000 Vikings give Iron Working as tribute.
                            1950 Hut (70,28): barb horsemen. He kills our exploring warrior.
                            1900 Vikings declare war in response to yet another tribute demand.
                            1850 Vikings won't pay for cease fire, so we kill their warrior.
                            1750 Sign cease fire with Vikings for 50 gold.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Git Numero Uno is up, yes? That's what I gathered from the last play list... ?
                              "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                              "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Dave V - at this point there are no toes on which to step.

I am the only one who can compare your turns, it seems, and I was really impressed with how your ending position is so full of possibilities. I focused only on building population and science, and neglected military, loot, and positioning. You ended with almost as much population, less science, (but currency is next and Trade is not far and when it comes you will be ready to take advantage of it and rush the Gardens), way better loot through tribute, and a way better military with units well placed for defence or war. Your preference for defending with horses instead of phalanx is interesting and in this game compelling with all the distances. You give up on the odd barb leader, but gain in all other ways. In generalo, your version of ICS is way more multi-dimensional and it is clear to me why you are such an advocate.

Comment

Working...
                                X