X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Nothin' Fancy" Sxn Game

Rules? Rules? We don't need no stinkin' rules! Just play

2.42, Large map, Deity, 7 civs, Raging Hordes

Señor Federico rises to rule the Iberians, who have Bronze, Horsies, and Warrior Code. To be continued…
    Attached Files
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

I'm in ...

SG[1]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

What, no canal-building requirement? Sign me up, anyway.

Comment

Hey Stray - just noticed your country flag, wouldn't Panama be more appropriate than East Timor?

SG[1]

Comment

Sign me up - but be warned that I will be starting a new, insidious succession on completion of the No Trade monster.
          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

I'm in! THis will be my first one, so I may have a few silly questions when the time comes.

Comment

Welcome, Grigor... don't feel bad about asking questions.

And don't feel bad about the verbal abuse from the Scouses Git, either (when it comes, and it will) - they do that to everyone

I was mostly a King level player when I started playing succession games. Now I laugh at King level . So if you want to be a better player, this will help... even if you are already good, I daresay.

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
              "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Insidious Libel Ming - ban the bounder!!

We don't deal in verbal abuse - just robust constructive criticism - except when we are dealing with a bounder like STYOM of course

Welcome, Grigor - I'm sure you will enjoy the experience.

SG[1]

Comment

If libel is the issue... I can post some quotes from other succession games if you like

All part of the fun!

robust constructive criticism - except when we are dealing with a bounder like STYOM of course

Well do I remember

Comment

Organization and comments

Order restored in Nothin' Fancy
                    • Zoom to City
                    o Continue

Straybow
                    SCG
                    SG[1]
                    DaveV
                    STYOM (assuming you don't change your mind)
                    Grigor obiwan (assuming you've got 2.42)
                    SG(2)

Canals: No rules, however certain player(s) shall endevour to create such wherever useful or amusing.

Flag: Considered Panama, flag boring. Have long aggitated for East Timor independence (since a National Jr UN thingy in high school), and the flag is cool.

Libel and verbal "abuse": Par for course; get over it.
                    Last edited by Straybow; March 3, 2003, 03:28.
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Handing off after 15 turns

4000 Hut Horsies
                      3900 Madrid founded; lotsa swamps around. Choose Cer for research.
                      3750 Canal site located (too far away )
                      3700 Hut NONE Archers, therefore somebody else nearby
                      3600 Shonuff, Vikings encountered. Swap Horsies for CoL, War for Alp
                      –––– (Note to self: Trondheim is a canal—mark for conquest)
                      3450 Hut Map
                      3300 Seville founded.
                      Attached Files

Comment

invitation accepted I must admit I'm going to be rather rusty again, so sticking me towards the end of the first round would be best (my how things have changed since I last played seriously!!!http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=22197 )

Anyway looking forward to it
                        Insert witty phrase here

Comment

In Pythonesque drag voice:

We've got Swamp, Swamp, Grass, Swamp, Forest and Swamp…
                          Attached Files

Comment

I'll play if there's room for another. Glad to go down the batting order as it's been a busy week.

-----------------------------

SG(2)

Comment

*takes a quick look around* it still says i'm the only one to have downloaded the game. If you all want, i can see what i can do with the game in the #2 position? (if i do, what year do i make available for the next person to start with? 2400?)
                              Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Working...
                              X