No announcement yet.

The Sweetness and Light Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BM - with the greatest sadness we bid you adieu and hope that you will eventually triumph over your adversities. It has been grand knowing you.

SG[1]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• Bloody Monk,

I read your other post. My best for your adversities, and please feel free to visit (and add a +1) when you can.
      Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

• Monk-It's been good knowing you for the short time I did. My best wishes to you in overcoming your struggles.
        April City Planner in the 3rd Civ2 Democracy Game
        Read Sluggy Freelance! Watch Homestar Runner! Papa Smurf is a Communist!

Comment

• Power Democracy!

Gentlemen, herewith our log...

1810 = still perplexed; where are the colosseums, banks, trade routes, SUPERHIGHWAYS. Why is our hardiest rider a bloody horseman - that does rather make howitzers difficult! Nil desperandum (we hope) let us play .... Tax slider to 4.3.3 - much tickling and rushing - vital 6th transport started in Beggarsville
          1812 = Overture in Moscow; Marketplace in Weanie Meanie & LandsEnd; Colosseum in BadLeroyBrown & Sticky Meanie; SuperHighway in Mean City; 2 internal routes to BadLeroy - now celebrating, 122g; Slider to 5.3.2
          1814 = Refrigeration -> Feudalism! Oilx3 to rome, 510g;
          1816 = Superhighways in BLB, Pool of Grace, Heavens Gate;
          1818 = Aqueduct in Lands End; Superhighway in Green Meanie; Internal Oil(d), 182g; Dye to Rome, 428g;
          1820 = SuperHighways in Maxwell; SuperMarket in Mean City; Feudalism -> Theology; 20M pop; Rush Cruiser to head off incoming Barb landing; Copper(d) to Rome(20), 474g; Oil to Rome, 222g;
          1822 = Superhighways in BBB; Theology -> Chivalry; 21M pop; Cruiser takes out Barb Frigate with 5 units on board and becomes Vet! Assorted vans to Rome, 1654g;
          1824 = Colosseum in Maxwell; Chivalry -> Leadership; Superhighway in Beggarsville; 22M pop; slider to 2.3.5
          1826 = JSB in Lands end; Colosseums in two last cities - Celebration everywhere;
          1828 = Leadership -> Tactics; 23M pop; Assorted goodies to rome. 1245g;
          1830 = Tactics -> Mobile Warfare; 24M pop; Gold to Rome, 252g;
          1832 = Mobile Warfare -> Machine tools; 25M pop; 8 assorted freights to Rome, 1469g;

The pisssssed Gits pass the shoe..... Machine tools next turn - looking good for the boys!!
          Attached Files

Comment

• A VERY productive turnset!!! Time to start prepping for world domination in AD 1850.

A my best wishes to Bloody Monk, a source of great amusement, robustly constructive criticism, and repartee in the few months I've known him here.
            -------------also--------------
            Best of luck and all positive thoughts in the coming days, BM. Hoping you can return here, if only on occasion, whether for gameplay or the succor of our comfort.

Hang tough, baby! We're rooting for you...
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• What a magnificent bunch of fellows!!

My eyes are misty over all the kind and generous comments. Your support and encouragement and well wishing is deeply appreciated. Thanks!!

For now, I can't play ( which is worse than the symptoms), but, I can come by to lurk for short periods occassionally. So, let's have "mo betta" logs and commentary, OK??

In the final analysis, I believe Real Life is like a very captivating Civ Succession or Comparison Game or Bridge. No matter how rotten your cards you play the hand. And after the tournament is over and the post mortem is complete, someone (the Greater Than STYOM) will post the .sav for the next game. Life is a game with no endings; just changes. I'll be fine. And I feel blessed to have shared the road for a spell with you guys, and I look forward to my path coming back to this road again soon.

Now, let's play the game. Who's up??

Monk
              so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

• Nothing I could write in response could be nearly eloquent enough to do justice to what you wrote, Monk. All I'll say is stick around, when you can, and for a long time.

And to answer your question - SCG is next I believe. I gather that the Brothers Git played one joint, drunken session last time out
                "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

• BM, I never took part in a game with you but I read many of your posts in the last weeks and they have been at the same time entertaining and instructive for me, so thank you !

I wish you all the best and hope you can return to the game soon!
                  Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                  Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                  POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                  LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

• Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                    Play Order

SG[1]
                    SG(2)
                    Bloody Monk - temporarily out of play
                    SCG
                    Bob_Smurf42
                    La Fayette
                    -JRabbit
                    STYOM
                    obiwan18
                    Old n Slow

8 turns each until Jihad and then 5 each please
                    SG[1]

Comment

• just now downloaded the game - and you'd think with a sprained ankle I'd have more time for the computer - will look over the game this afternoon and see what sort of time frame we're looking at
                      Insert witty phrase here

Comment

• just a followup - i hope to finish by saturday.

and on the domestic front, my GF's son has taken a bit of an interest in Civ II they picked up a used 486 yesterday (given to them) and we set it up last night - and played a little (on chieftan...) I was tempted to let him try and develop the right handed vs left handed unit theory after he moved his settler 6 turns using the arrows, but was nice to him and showed the number pad )
                        Insert witty phrase here

Comment

• Originally posted by SCG
                          but was nice to him and showed the number pad )
                          Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• SG[1]

Comment

• What you should have done is set him up in that new Sxn game.

Tell him that this is how the 'real' civ players play.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Obiwan - which Sxn game?

We have played for three hours (sloshed) and nearly completed one turn (sloshed) - We shall continue ... (sloshed) asap...

Have a good day...

The SGs (emulating panag) (sloshed)

Comment

Working...
                                X