No announcement yet.

MAP: Marla's Earth Map - 204x256

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sakhalin/Kuril Islands (whichever they are) need to be made more habitable. At least make them hills, so that Japan has something to work with besides Tundra.

Afghanistan need some Wheat or Cattle. Persia expands in that direction, and ends up with nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gauke
      I have found the file but how will I edit it? I turned on grid co-ordinates. I think I didn't understand what you said. Stupid ME!
      You can open WORLD113.C3B using notepad (its just a normal text file) find the line that says......

Japan 224 68

.....alter the co-ordinates to whatever the new start location is and then save the file. You can then use the player start location corrector off the start menu like normal.

If you have any further problems message me (see my sig, below)

Vonotar
      "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989
      AIM/YAHOO: Vonotar1975 MSN/EMAIL: vonotar@lastlands.org ICQ: 123236923

Comment

• Thanks!
        Sugababes News Online! : DenDen Forums! All Of Your Favourite Forums Are There!

Comment

• Regarding City Sprawl in Tundra etc.

Has anyone experimented with doubling the movement of EVERY unit (including workers) EXCEPT Settlers and setting the movement cost for desert and tundra to "2"?

Just curious.

-Oz.
          ... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...

Comment

• Could someone who has the file please send it to me on icq, since the download doesn't work?

Btw, does anyone know how I could use it with my own rules, I have changed a really great part of the game, which I ofcause would like to use when I play on the Earth Map?
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by ADG
              Could someone who has the file please send it to me on icq, since the download doesn't work?
              You should just need to rename the file to .zip to get it work. (If that doesn't work...you can get the map at Civfanatics')
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
                You should just need to rename the file to .zip to get it work. (If that doesn't work...you can get the map at Civfanatics')
                I tried that, but it just say the zip is damaged. Maybe I should take a look at civfanatics, haven't thought of that
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• Isn't this supposed to be a zip file??? It's not compressed at all! Hope it works, I just dled it but I'm at work so I'll have to try it latter tonight. But if I can get help before then just to know cuz...This map looks like an ass kicker BIG TIME!!! Why do u say it's a self-extracting zip file when it's really not?

Comment

• Wot you talking about??????

Originally posted by Lomansik
                    Isn't this supposed to be a zip file??? It's not compressed at all! Hope it works, I just dled it but I'm at work so I'll have to try it latter tonight. But if I can get help before then just to know cuz...This map looks like an ass kicker BIG TIME!!! Why do u say it's a self-extracting zip file when it's really not?
                    Because it is

The zip contains a executable file, which is both a self-extracting zip and installation program (it runs several commands after self-extracting). The self-extractor is posted to Apolyton in a zip file as you are not allowed to post .exe files

Stats for version 1.13.....

Total Installed Size = 1261KB (i.e. the space used on your HD)

Installation File Size = 463KB (37% of the unpacked original size)

Posted Zip File Size = 417KB (33% of the unpacked original size)

If reducing the files to 33% of there true size is not compression I don't know what is!

The single file contained inside the zip installs everything to the correct location and installs Start Menu items.

Anything else your not sure about ask.

People having problems downloading from here should try CivFanatics which at the time of writing has had 3650 downloads!
                    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989

Comment

• I was about to make a suggestion, but now I see I already did. In my new game, Persia is devastated, as usual. They really need something in the Afghanistan region to keep them competitive with Babylon and India.

One change I made, after increasing the "optimum size" for empires, was make Temples, Marketplaces, Banks and Cathedrals all reduce corruption.

Ordinarily (as Germany), I'd be forced to build my FP in Babylon... but I don't even see much use for it. Even Delhi is doing just fine without it!

Big problem is still the fanatical rush to colonize Siberia. What if you replaced the forests with just plain tundra (for some of it, anyway), and then set Tundra to 0 for everything (only 1 shield, after mining). Would the AI still settle up there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aqualung
                        One change I made, after increasing the "optimum size" for empires, was make Temples, Marketplaces, Banks and Cathedrals all reduce corruption.

Ordinarily (as Germany), I'd be forced to build my FP in Babylon... but I don't even see much use for it. Even Delhi is doing just fine without it!

Big problem is still the fanatical rush to colonize Siberia.
                        look/try out what I had done with my mod.
                        to decrease corruption by distance factor it isn't the right way, I believe, to give market place, banks, cathedral all the flag to reduce corruption. Such buildings/enhacements never had reduced corruption.
                        I instead created some more (Regional)Palaces without culture, depending from a research level corresponding with the average expanding at that time.
                        Lower corruptuion flags I only give harbours, airports, barracks, courthouse, police.
                        To fix the terrible setteling at sahara, north ice sea and sibiria I changed the food needed by a citizen and amount of citizen and shields needed by a settler. Furthermore I made some changes at desert, tundra, forest and hills.
                        Tested with all map sizes and with random maps, it works fine I believe and is relative good balanced. 4 weeks works I need for it.
                        Try it out, download it here: http://civ3-stuff.cjb.net/ Civ3-Corruption-Solution-10.zip
                        http://AlphaCentauri.US/ in English and German
                        http://civ3.2be.cc/
                        http://1steuro.net/

Comment

• I've edited tundra to be uninhabitable - 0, 0, 0. Irrigation gains no bonus, tho mining gets a shield. The only food, shields, and trade come from special resource tiles. Seeing Greenland and Siberia carpeted with towns just isn't right.

Oil will still be needed, thus the allowance for using furs and game to settle there. Otherwise, colonies are going to be needed.

More terrain/resource comments:
                          North America's largest gold mine is absent! The Black Hills, near the Missouri River on this map, should have a gold.

Rubber is native only to South America. I'd suggest reducing the number of rubber tiles in Africa and Indonesia. Add more spice to Indonesia and oil to Africa.
                          The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                          intelligence to few.

Comment

• stupid question

how do i download your map? i keep getting some weird file whenever i click on that link that you have on your post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq
                              I've edited tundra to be uninhabitable - 0, 0, 0. Irrigation gains no bonus, tho mining gets a shield. The only food, shields, and trade come from special resource tiles. Seeing Greenland and Siberia carpeted with towns just isn't right.
                              Does this make a huge difference? I suspect the AI will still carpet Siberia on the few forest or trade squares.
                              Last edited by Vonotar; March 2, 2002, 21:07.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vonotar

Does this make a huge difference? I suspect the AI will still carpet Siberia on the few forest or trade squares.
                                I'm trying just now an other way: set tundra irrigate to 0 instead, but leave it foot 1 while a citizen needs 3 food.
                                http://AlphaCentauri.US/ in English and German
                                http://civ3.2be.cc/
                                http://1steuro.net/

Comment

Working...
                                X