X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the Evil Robot standard.
    Attached Files

Comment

Maybe instead of two black eyes on the silver skull, one red one, given the robots' style.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
        Here's the Evil Robot standard.
        Brilliant!
        Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
        Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
        POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
        LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

I think those should do the trick just fine Harry. Good job . After looking hard at the screenshot you posted of the action Harry I noticed the war wheel seems to look flat and 2 dimensional by comparison to Gareth's sherman tank, it just doesn't seem to have the same level of depth.

Can any unit makers out there imagine why it would appear flatter? Is it a lack of contrast between highlights and shadows and such? Also after looking the size comparison between the Gullwing and the Evil Zepplin I think I need to shrink the Gullwing down a bit so that its proportional with a fighter and not a heav bomber.
          Last edited by Sarsstock; July 7, 2006, 13:36.

Comment

Another question, what colour were you looking for the uniforms of the defenders to generaly be? Standard US army green?

Comment

Before you get back to me on that last question, I have the prelimiary versions of both the Ironman and the Rocketeer unit. The Ironman suit I imagined being a massivley bulky suit of iron with the operator being protected behind a visor made of fighterplane grade glass. The Rocketeer unit was essentially the title character from the early 90's movie of the same name.

I hope to have some of the non-rocket or iron infantry done by the end of next week, I'll be away until then.
              Attached Files

Comment

@Turttle:

Where can i find that Roma mini scenario for MGE?
                "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Originally posted by Palaiologos
                  @Turttle:

Where can i find that Roma mini scenario for MGE?
                  In the Romamini thread. Search for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarsstock
                    Before you get back to me on that last question, I have the prelimiary versions of both the Ironman and the Rocketeer unit. The Ironman suit I imagined being a massivley bulky suit of iron with the operator being protected behind a visor made of fighterplane grade glass. The Rocketeer unit was essentially the title character from the early 90's movie of the same name.

I hope to have some of the non-rocket or iron infantry done by the end of next week, I'll be away until then.
                    Looking good Chris! You're right, the Ironman would be just that. He's not meant to move much, but he should be able to survive a bit longer than your normal non-armored rifleman.

I like the rocketeer, he's pretty close to the serial! One request. The rocketeer will be a helicopter unit so he's essentially flying. Could you make him look like he's flying?

I agree, the uniforms for the soldiers would probably look good if they were olive green.

The war wheel looks good, really. To make the wheel perfectly round and appear at an angle you will most likely have to sacrifice a lot of detail just to get the dimensions right. Besides, the housing above the actual wheel doesn't have to be a perfect half circle to make the unit work.

Comment

A news item has been added for this thread!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by curtsibling
                        A news item has been added for this thread!

Cool Curt, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Patine
                          Maybe instead of two black eyes on the silver skull, one red one, given the robots' style.
                          I tried it, but it doesn't show up well. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Hey Chris, I still have a few unit slots open, namely 15, and I want to do some hero units. Your choice, but one of them should be some sort of British or Canadian flying unit that I want to have randomly appear every so often to crack heads. Are you up for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarsstock
                              the spider needs some more distinct guns mounted on it.
                              Hopefully I didnt mess it up too much...
                              Attached Files
                              My Cepha scenario
                              The Solar Revolution
                              Soon-to-be-updated collection of Civ2 artists' signatures. If you know one that's not listed, feel free to drop me a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timor_Leste

Hopefully I didnt mess it up too much...
                                Looks OK, but I think I like Chris' original better. Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                                X