X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preliminary Units:

Defending Civ -

Infantry:
    Enlisted Men (medium movement, low attack)
    Rangers (medium movement, medium attack)
    Heavy Gun (low movement, high attack)
    Iron Men (low movement, high defense, flags galore)
    Paratroopers

Vehicles:
    Recon (high movement, low attack/defense)
    Tank Corps (medium movement, high attack)

Other Land:
    Barricade Wall (Paradropping non-movement)

Air:
    Fighters
    Mercenary Fighters
    Light Bomber
    TV Controlled Rocketbomb

Other Air:
    Rocketeers

Sea:
    Transport
    Gunboat

Evil Robot Civ -

Infantry:
    Drones (high movement, medium attack)
    Automotons (high movement, high attack)
    Brainiacs (high movement, high attack, flags galore)
    Spiders (high movement, low attack)

Vehicles:
    War Wheel (high movement, high attack, low defense)
    Iron Giant (low movement, high attack, high defense)

Air:
    Gyrocopter
    Gullwing
    Zepplin

Sea:
    Magnetic Mines
    Torpedos

Comment

Originally posted by Exile
      How is a "screenie" created?
      Press 'print screen' (PrtScn on my keyboard - top right by the function keys), open your paint program and 'cntrl-v'. Trim to the right size and save as a png or gif.
      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Like the idea behind this one - I always love a defence scenario!

Will it be for ToT or MGE...?

The choice of era is a real winner...I loved the art-deco
        looks of the Sky Captain movie...It should work here too!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
        http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by curtsibling
          Like the idea behind this one - I always love a defence scenario!

Will it be for ToT or MGE...?

The choice of era is a real winner...I loved the art-deco
          looks of the Sky Captain movie...It should work here too!

MGE at first. If everything works as planned I can convert it quick enough.

I really like the art deco designs too. Nice smooth lines ending in gigantic metal claws capable of slicing a man in two.

Comment

I had got 'Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow' on DVD a while back, but haven't yet watched it past the point where they're in the mine in Tibet. Will have to see it through, methinks!

Comment

Update:

Oil Barrel events, oil derrick events, city building events, and unit slot names/attributes all added. Next stop, tech tree.

Comment

Sounds like you've really hit the ground running on this one. I love the sound of that "TV Controlled Rocketbomb".

Comment

Originally posted by Sarsstock
                  Sounds like you've really hit the ground running on this one. I love the sound of that "TV Controlled Rocketbomb".
                  Very true. I'm done with the needed events.

I even incorporated a "capture the oil derrick" money generator and eliminator. If the Evil Robots kill an oil derrick the Defenders are penalized. If the Defenders attack an oil derrick they get rewarded. After the oil derricks are destroyed then a cap is put on the spot, either robot or defender. If the defenders have a cap and the robots destroy it then they get penalized. Vice versa they are rewarded if they destroy a robot cap. The three way logic tree makes sure that the derricks can't generate money from a camped defender and causes the defenders to defend the oil derrick or cap.

Unit a/d need to be fleshed out as well as the tech tree. It'll be quick due to the defenders having the only tree in the game.

Graphics need to be created, plus buildings and roads need to be placed.
                  Last edited by Harry Tuttle; June 24, 2006, 17:23.

Comment

Will you be shouldering the unit creation job yourself or are you going to be outsourcing it to forum volunteers?

Comment

Will you be shouldering the unit creation job yourself or are you going to be outsourcing it to forum volunteers?
                      What do you think Chris? If you make them I want them.

Comment

Well I had wondered if the French "Roue" unit I had posted a little while back would fit into the role of your "War Wheel". I can take a shot at converting it to MGE, and I have afew other units on hand that might be able to fill some of the slots you had described up the thread.

Here's a question for you, what nation if any will the defenders belong to? Will it be a factual nation or a fictional one? The fictional option being quite conceivable I suppose because of the fact an army of robots are attacking the mainland.

Also, you said Sky Captain (one of my favorites) was a big source of insperation for this project, does that mean that the units will have a 1930's/40's look and style to them?

Comment

Well I had wondered if the French "Roue" unit I had posted a little while back would fit into the role of your "War Wheel". I can take a shot at converting it to MGE, and I have afew other units on hand that might be able to fill some of the slots you had described up the thread.
                          I think it will do just fine. A few minor modifications to fit it to MGE would be great.

Here's a question for you, what nation if any will the defenders belong to? Will it be a factual nation or a fictional one? The fictional option being quite conceivable I suppose because of the fact an army of robots are attacking the mainland.
                          I'm thinking mercenaries for this one. They'll have to have some sort of insignia that would make them look all tough and stuff.

Also, you said Sky Captain (one of my favorites) was a big source of insperation for this project, does that mean that the units will have a 1930's/40's look and style to them?
                          Yeah I think that would be the look I'm going for. The Defenders are going to have some decent military hardware on hand to combat the technologically advanced robots so the 30/40's would be a good time period. Think steel, oil, propellers, and machine guns.

I have one request though. I would like all the robots to have some sort of identical feature to them, like a control module that resembles a transparent dome or a set of three eyes. I think the robots need to look as if they all came from the same place and the same manufacturer.

Thanks for your help Chris.

Comment

I agree with the idea of giving the robots distinguishing features for the sake of continuity. I think some sort of an ominous glowing red eye would do the trick.

Comment

Can someone tell me what is wrong with this:

@IF
                              UNITKILLED
                              unit=Oil Well 1
                              attacker=Romans
                              defender=Americans
                              @THEN
                              CREATEUNIT
                              unit=Cap Good 1
                              owner=Babylonians
                              veteran=no
                              homecity=NONE
                              locations
                              endlocations
                              CHANGEMONEY
                              receiver=Romans
                              amount=500
                              @ENDIF

The "Cap Good 1" unit should be created on the same coordinates as the destroyed "Oil Well 1" unit. I've changed the owner three times trying to get this to work, from Americans, to Romans, to Babylonians and the unit still will not appear. The coordinates are valid. The attacker does get the 500 everytime, but no unit appears. I've rebooted too as a few times Civ2 bombed out when I have tried the event. I just don't get it.

Comment

Hmmmmmm, weird. The createunit event has worked before using the same coordinates. I just moved the coordinates for the created unit a tile over and it came up fine. Very odd, especially since I tried using the same owner as the killed unit and the created unit.

EDIT: Wow, Civ2 is bombing a lot. I got half way through changing the coordinates for the create unit and it has bombed twice on me. Oh well, guess I'll use text editing...
                                Last edited by Harry Tuttle; June 26, 2006, 00:14.

Comment

Working...
                                X