No announcement yet.

Beach Assault: Creation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only tent graphics that come to mind are the ones you used in your Gold Gultch scenario way back when, might those work out? I suppose not since you probally already experimented with those.

In anycase, as an early 4th of July present for ya I have attached below a "Robbie'ish" Automoton, a "Gort'ish" Drone and an improved naval sea mine with its red becon converted into a narrow red bar that scans its surroundings. Also, if the Drone starts getting out of hand, just remember.... "Klaatu Barada Nikto" .
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sarsstock
      The only tent graphics that come to mind are the ones you used in your Gold Gultch scenario way back when, might those work out? I suppose not since you probally already experimented with those.

In anycase, as an early 4th of July present for ya I have attached below a "Robbie'ish" Automoton, a "Gort'ish" Drone and an improved naval sea mine with its red becon converted into a narrow red bar that scans its surroundings. Also, if the Drone starts getting out of hand, just remember.... "Klaatu Barada Nikto" .
      Well the Gold Gulch tents might be a bit much. I've already made another graphic for that tile so I think I can just let that go for now.

Very nice robots! I'm impressed! I love them! Happy 4th!

Comment

An update:

-I still need a few more unit graphics and some tweaking needs to be done for the Defender units.

-Graphics on a whole are just about done, except for the fortress, airfield, and aforementioned units.

-The tech trees still need to be set up, but that won't be hard.

-Unit sounds need to gathered.

-The majority of the building units need to be placed as well as the roads in between.

-I need some insignia for the units (Chris, I can do this if you want)

-Prereqs need to be set for the units and improvements.

-The Title graphic needs to be done.

-Opening text needs to be done.

-Playtest!

-Final Changes

And for your viewing pleasure:
        Attached Files

Comment

Update: Tech tree and Imp Prereqs completed.

Comment

I'll try to get you those units you've requested if your interested still Harry, I hadn't thought you'd finish so much so fast quite frankly .

I still want to take a shot at the Enlisted Men unit,
            Rangers, Heavy Gun, Iron Men, Paratroopers, Light Bomber
            TV Controlled Rocketbomb and rocketeer. As well as the Evil Robot Gullwing.
            Last edited by Sarsstock; July 5, 2006, 19:21.

Comment

I'll try to get you those units you've requested if your interested still Harry, I hadn't thought you'd finish so much so fast quite frankly .

I still want to take a shot at the Enlisted Men unit,
              Rangers, Heavy Gun, Iron Men, Paratroopers, Light Bomber
              TV Controlled Rocketbomb and rocketeer. As well as the Evil Robot Gullwing.
              Hey no problem! If you want to do the work then I'm all for it!.

Comment

Well here is the last of the Evil Robot units, the gullwing aircraft along with the previously posted Automoton and Drone each armed with a weapon, so you can choose if you wanted the units to be featured with or without the sidearms.

I'll take a run at the defender units over the next couple days.
                Attached Files

Comment

Well here is the last of the Evil Robot units, the gullwing aircraft along with the previously posted Automoton and Drone each armed with a weapon, so you can choose if you wanted the units to be featured with or without the sidearms.

I'll take a run at the defender units over the next couple days.
                  Great, thank you Chris!

Comment

I like the two robots Sarsstock, particularly the last one. Very nice!

BTW, why have you got my sig on them - they don't look much to have been derived from anything I've done

Can we play as the evil robot thingies Harry? Looks like it could be fun to stomp on the puny human civ.
                    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Originally posted by fairline
                      BTW, why have you got my sig on them - they don't look much to have been derived from anything I've done
                      I was just about to ask the same thing..

Even so, the units are great!
                      "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                      It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Well the gullwing shouldn't have your sig at all I suppose, that I can chalk up to laziness and the fact it was late when I posted it. The robots on the other hand like all robots I made are modifications of your C3-PO unit from your Star Wars set a while back, hence the original creators sig.

Comment

@ Fairline & Arthedain: Well they're really not meant for play, but I guess you could try to use them. The robot units are event driven, but they are buildable also. I suppose with a minor modification to the event file I could make a Robot scenario in tandem. I'd also have to change the a/d ratios too as the robots are generally more powerful then the defenders.

Update: Roads and building units placed. I have begun running throught the scenario looking for glitches.

Comment

Sounds great!

When do you plan playtest??
                            Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                            Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                            POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                            LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrion
                              Sounds great!

When do you plan playtest??
                              In a bit, I want to get some more things squared away first.

Comment

Oh, and I just remembered.

Fortress, Airfield, Flags (Tentative), and Evil Robot Insignia (Tentative) are done.

I'll post the Evil Robot standard tonight. It's kind of corny really.

Comment

Working...
                                X