Beach Assault: Creation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
    Well as you research new techs you'll be able to build new improvements to your cities as always. Also your combat engineer can found new bases to create more units, etc...
    Yes, I had guessed that much, I was just wondering about whether building new cities would be useful/necessary...

BTW: the Robots are able to build new cities (I actually met a "robotic" combat engineer!); I suppose it's not on purpose, and it comes from the slot the engineer occupies! At least, the cities they built had oil related name (Ormouz, for instance... ).

So if it's not a deliberate choice, then you have something to correct...

The civilian cities are yours to protect just as the buildings are yours to protect. The Civilian civ is essentially under your responsibility. They cannot build any units and have one unit that comes through events. One thing to note is that the robots can build their own units, so the more civilian cities that are captured gives the robots a chance to build more units closer to your base. The Civilian civ is allied with your own so they can repair your units, but as you know you cannot take their cities until the robots have occupied them.
    As if it wasn't already hard enough without them...

And what kind of weird graphic issues are going on in the base? Can you post a screenshot? There are buffer units around the green bases.
    I think it has to do with the area of exploitation around the city, but I'll have to check that!

And one more comment: my God this is hard!
    Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
    Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
    POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
    LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

• Added a pair of legs, made some minor changes... and I still see a missile pack on the side. The first of the below are the changes I made, the second melds my changes with the ones Sarsstock made.
      Attached Files
      My Cepha scenario
      The Solar Revolution
      Soon-to-be-updated collection of Civ2 artists' signatures. If you know one that's not listed, feel free to drop me a PM.

Comment

• Harry, I just e-mailed the first draft of the title graphic, should be waiting in your inbox .

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyrion

BTW: the Robots are able to build new cities (I actually met a "robotic" combat engineer!); I suppose it's not on purpose, and it comes from the slot the engineer occupies! At least, the cities they built had oil related name (Ormouz, for instance... ).

So if it's not a deliberate choice, then you have something to correct...
          Hmmmm, I'll have to check on this. Last time I checked the Engineer had the Defender Tech as a prereq. The whole "Twice Removed" tree should have taken care of that...

Added a pair of legs, made some minor changes... and I still see a missile pack on the side. The first of the below are the changes I made, the second melds my changes with the ones Sarsstock made.
          Looks pretty good. I think I can add it in somewhere.

Harry, I just e-mailed the first draft of the title graphic, should be waiting in your inbox .
          OH MY GOD, THAT'S FRIGGIN' AWESOME! It comes up perfect! Great work Chris! This needs posting!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Spiffy title indeed
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Good golly - What a triumphant image...!
              Awesome work....!

Sarsstock = Title Master!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Wow, that robot has caught a very large woman indeed.
                'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

• A big gal she is indeed, I borrowed the exaggerated scale from the poster for "Day the Earth Stood Still" where Gort (the robot) was portrayed as being substantially larger than he was in the film.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarsstock
                    A big gal she is indeed, I borrowed the exaggerated scale from the poster for "Day the Earth Stood Still" where Gort (the robot) was portrayed as being substantially larger than he was in the film.
                    I just saw your first email Chris. I've been a bit busy with work recently. I like your choice!

Right now I am gathering sounds. The Lost in Space ones are the best. I like this one....
                    Attached Files

Comment

• I have just included a damsel in distress unit...

Comment

• Cool robot sound FX!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                        http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• A damsel in distress unit eh? I wonder if as long as we're being consistant with the title graphic, I should make up a black Drone to go with said damsel.... a sort of "Command Rank Drone"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarsstock
                            A damsel in distress unit eh? I wonder if as long as we're being consistant with the title graphic, I should make up a black Drone to go with said damsel.... a sort of "Command Rank Drone"?
                            Haha, well sure, you can. I don't know how I can make it so the Damsel will be chased by the Drone, but by all means go ahead.

Comment

• the graphics are looking excellent on this one!

I'd do something to break up the monotony of those brown grids though.
                              Visit First Cultural Industries
                              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Here's an idea for the demsel in distress unit inclusion Harry. If you could set the events so that if the damsel unit is attacked and destroyed by any Evil Robot, the Black Drone unit is spawned with said damsel in his arms, and it would be up to the human civ to free her in return for some sort of incentive (a free tech, gold etc).

Thats my two cents, I also think I'll make a slightly upgraded version of the title graphic for the final release version as well if thats all right.

Comment

Working...
                                X