No announcement yet.

Beach Assault: Creation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is looking amazing, great stuff, Chris (as always)

Btw, Harry, this appears to become a good one, keep it up

Comment

Originally posted by Sarsstock
      Here's another question Harry, what do you imagine Automoton's, Gyrocopters and Brainiacs looking like? I think I can guage what an Evil Robot Zepplin should look like.
      Hmmm, don't forget Drones either. I would say that the robots should be constructed in such a way that the tougher units are the more detailed/complex.

Drones should be basic, maybe similar to the robot from "The Day the Earth Stood Still" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043456/ ) with Frankenstein gate and arms outstretched.

Automotons should probably be like the famous Robbie the Robot http://www.the-robotman.com/

Brainiacs should be the most complex, perhaps with steel tentacles at their base and a domed carapace at their top.

The Gyrocopter I can see as being a robot helicopter, not some half plane, half helicopter device. Feel free to use something similar to the usual robot helicopter found in the Apocalypse scenario.

The Zepplin would of course have a shiny metal exterior, maybe with some sharp pointy spines or something. Think Red Alert 2 I guess.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Comment

Well first things first, here are the updated Iron Giant, Spider and War Wheel with the suggested changes. Though the Spider hasn't been updated at all I simply didn't feel like taking the effort to remove it from the set for this post.
          Attached Files

Comment

Well first things first, here are the updated Iron Giant, Spider and War Wheel with the suggested changes. Though the Spider hasn't been updated at all I simply didn't feel like taking the effort to remove it from the set for this post.
            Looking good

Comment

Now since I'm no Gareth, Typhoon or Curt I'm going to have to play around with the Drone and Brainiac. In the mean time here's the Gyrocopter and the Zepplin with the design elements you had suggested.
              Attached Files

Comment

Now since I'm no Gareth, Typhoon or Curt I'm going to have to play around with the Drone and Brainiac. In the mean time here's the Gyrocopter and the Zepplin with the design elements you had suggested.

Oh man, those are awesome! Really good work Chris, they look nice and slick, perfect for flight.

Also, thanks to one of Curt's scratch pads the building units, city resource squares, and I think most of the city graphics are done. Also the gate for the robots should be finished. I finished the base and ship ramps the other day. Some of the Defender units have been added, but those will be moved around too.
                Last edited by Harry Tuttle; June 29, 2006, 08:13.

Comment

That Zepplin makes me think of the Cybus Corp airships from the recent Dr Who Cybeman episodes!

In otherwords, it totally rules!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                  http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Now that the Stanley Cup playoffs are finished on CBC hopefully that above mentioned episode of Doctor Who will finally be airing. Thanks for the feedback gents!

Comment

My next attempts are at the Evil Robot torpedo, the Evil Robot magnetic mine (compete with its own red sensor) and a touch up of the Evil Robot zepplin I had posted earlier.

Comment

*edit*

Here is the post.
                        Attached Files

Comment

You're fast. The units look great I'll incorporate them tonight.

Here's a screenshot of the game with Sarsstock's unit, with the old zepplin. I think it's coming out great, especially with Curt's grab bag of building graphics. The city part of the map has been done up for the screenshot and will be redone when I make sure I get the terrain graphics down.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Chris, any idea on insignias? I propose an evil robot death's head and some sort of robust military insignia for the defenders.

Comment

Yes, some classic military insigna for the defenders and an ominous robotic head for the Evil Robots sounds about right. I'll get on it tommorow .

Comment

Well I only got the gate done for the defenders last night and fumbled around with the terrain that will be used on the base and ship. I tried changing the base terrain so the resources shown were different for both the defenders and robots but that just causes more problems as I'll have to make a seperate terrain for the ship for it to work.

So I'm just going to include two types of resource graphics (one robot flavored, one blank) for the base terrain and overlay the mine graphic for the robot resources that appear on the defender base. Irrigation won't overlay resource graphics, but the mine graphic will. Irrigation can be placed on the blank base terrain in the defender base for more eye candy.

The only problem now is finding something to represent the mine and irrigation graphics that relate to a 1930-40 sci fi army base.

Has anyone seen some small tents around?

Comment

Working...
                                X