No announcement yet.

Beach Assault: Creation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, looks like the events have been tried and tested. They now pass with flying colors. Unit stats then divergent tech trees are next.

Comment

Preliminary unit stats have been set. I got sidetracked and ended up working on the base and ship terrain yesterday. The "steps" on the edge of each are basically done.

Comment

I'll post the War Wheel, Iron Giant and Spider when I get home tonight, I'm at work atm and don't have the completed files one me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarsstock
          I'll post the War Wheel, Iron Giant and Spider when I get home tonight, I'm at work atm and don't have the completed files one me.
          Cool! I can't wait.

Comment

Here's a question though, should the Iron Giant have a massive gun/cannon mounted on his hand or will simply smashing buildings be his MO?

Comment

Here's a question though, should the Iron Giant have a massive gun/cannon mounted on his hand or will simply smashing buildings be his MO?
              I don't know, Iron Giants usually are straightforward, but then again maybe he uses some finesse. Your choice.

Comment

Now these are by no means meant to be final, if you have any thoughts at all Harry don't hesitate to bring them up. Here is the Iron Giant (sans ray gun), the Spider and the War Wheel. Since this is the 1930's/40's I gave the war wheel about a generations worth of updates from her Victorian ancestor. Now I was unable to get a good tint of blue in the steel armor due to the MGE limitations, still I think the single red eye gives them the look of having come from the same manufacturer that you were looking for.
                Attached Files

Comment

Amazing!

Brings back fond memories of the old CIV2 scenario - 'Apocalypse!'

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                  http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

That's what I call kick-@$$ killer cans!
                    With Dalek Tyrany & all I'd say robots have taken over this forum!
                    "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
                    -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
                    "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
                    "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

Thanks Curt, some of my earliest Civ II memories are of playing the old Apocolypse scenario. And thank you Tanelorn, afterall there's no such thing as too many robots in and around the forum. Though I think I might make some changes to the spider and the wheel once I get back from the office, after a day of looking at it I think the red eye on the wheel needs to be moved up the wheel armor about half way, and the spider needs some more distinct guns mounted on it.

My main question is how do the highlights and shading look? In the end thats what makes a unit visually acceptable are the lighting properties being consistant throughout the graphic, or at least in my opinion they are.

Comment

Now these are by no means meant to be final, if you have any thoughts at all Harry don't hesitate to bring them up. Here is the Iron Giant (sans ray gun), the Spider and the War Wheel. Since this is the 1930's/40's I gave the war wheel about a generations worth of updates from her Victorian ancestor. Now I was unable to get a good tint of blue in the steel armor due to the MGE limitations, still I think the single red eye gives them the look of having come from the same manufacturer that you were looking for.
                        Very nice Chris! Thank you. I think they are all looking pretty good. One suggestion: Could the Iron Giant have a few buildings and maybe people underneath its legs to reinforce the huge size of the thing? The Iron Giant and the War Wheel (I think the eye is fine where it is, but experiment away) are going to be the hard hitters in the scenario. The shading looks great and I think the red eye is perfect for a central theme. Good work!

Comment

Sure, I'd be glad to add some ant size people running for dear life from the Iron Giant. The same goes for buildings being smashed, do you have any sample of what the city graphics will look like for this scenario? That way the buildings he's smashing are consistant with the buildings on the ground.

Comment

Sure, I'd be glad to add some ant size people running for dear life from the Iron Giant. The same goes for buildings being smashed, do you have any sample of what the city graphics will look like for this scenario? That way the buildings he's smashing are consistant with the buildings on the ground.
                            Well I was going to borrow from some miscellaneous graphics Curt posted, but the actual buildings in the game are going to be just large skyscrapers. Besides, only part of the map is in the city. I think some generic buildings would suffice.

Comment

This looks really fun...

Ants. An MGE scenario
                              http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?file=57835_ant.zip

Comment

Here's another question Harry, what do you imagine Automoton's, Gyrocopters and Brainiacs looking like? I think I can guage what an Evil Robot Zepplin should look like.

Comment

Working...
                                X