Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The HOTW VII - Setup Thread II (or the entrance of new mods)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *sigh* everyone has to make up unhistorical names for their civs....

Generally I don't much like the mixing of fantasy & historical civs in a game. But ok...
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• It doesn't matter Ozzy. Nothing else about this game is historically accurate and it isn't supposed to be. Taro was accidently plopped back in time and Treize is from off world in a universe where the actual Earth is a fading memory (I think). You can call us what you want of course, but Treize will know that the French were a Civilization from Old Terra who surrendered a lot.
      "When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill

Comment

• In that case you may want to edit your previous posts as well!
        "When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill

Comment

• Ozzy, I think there's much Arab history before Islam. But it was mostly animism. It's harder to find though since the Arabs aren't really a nation indeed.

The muslims to concider the Bible to be one of the holy books. THey only say that it's been corrupted by the Jews and the Muslims.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Obviously Arabs were around before Islam, but there is very little written about it. A few scattered stories from like the Romans and such, but not enough to go off of for half the game. Whatever Arabian history written and told by Arabs that may have existed has been Islamified.

And yes, they certainly recognize the Bible, which is why I'm going to it for their history. It all comes together nicely.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• You can make up history for the Arabs as well of course, as I'm doing for the Indians 8)
              Only their names are true Indians from the ancient era

Comment

• I hate doing that though, heh. I like making my stuff historical.

Comment

• hello people just posting here just in case any 1 needs a sub. My email is rodnicoya@sbcglobal.net. dont have aim yet but will have by next week. i do have yim which is the same as my email. thank you all and hopefully i can help out

Comment

• great. we will need every sub we can get as people keep letting their lives interfere with our gaming
                    Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• I guess we had a good 3rd session. I think we need to come up with some steps as CS said in the game so people can go through them before being ready to play. Restart, firewall off and ... And also get 30mins earlier here like 10:30 so we can solve the problem before starting not wasting 30min into the game.

Comment

• yeah. sorry about that. was a special occasion. girl I dont see too often was in town. I had to say hi.

anyway. we need to get organized with this whole tech issue.

1. Everyone post your computer's stats in this format.
                        - 2.4 Ghz
                        - 1024 RAM
                        - ADSL Internet connection, Router + Switch
                        -Non-static IP
                        -Windows XP, SP2

2. Everyone who havent done it yet, activate network logging as I described before.

3. Next session we will collect logs from everyone if there is any technical issue. We will do this every time there is a technical issue. Failing to log in, dropping out, etc.
                        A: If there is a problem, everyone go to the chats and we will give the proplem a number.
                        B: Then everyone rename that log with their name and the number given. (example: problem number 4. "LzprstProblem 4")
                        C: Then everyone send a copy of those files to me and I will relay them to firaxis.

You might think this is more work than it is worth, but really. 3 hours and 25 turns is not good enough. Making thing working properly it will be worth it. We have to get our subs to work with us on this. It will be a requirement for subs that they activate logging and collect the files if there are problems.
                        Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• Mine:

3.2 Ghz
                          1024 RAM
                          ADSL Internet connection, Router + Switch
                          Non-static IP
                          Windows XP, SP2
                          Ati PE XT850

Comment

• I think Warlords has a memory leak in the vanilla version (like civ4 vanilla had as well)
                            Therefor things are getting crappier as we are playing longer.

The players with the worst computers drop out first then. Maybe we should just do a global reboot alltogether next week after playing for 1,5 hours.

I think Nolan may try to do the thing she did for HOTW5 about which I can't say too much here.

I have:
                            P4 3,2Ghz
                            1024 MB RAM
                            ADSL 8MB connection, modem (I bypass my router during the games and connect the modem directly to my computer)
                            Static IP
                            Win XP SP2
                            GeForce 6600 256 MB

BTW, my wife will deliver our baby within 2-6 weeks.
                            There's always a possibility that I suddenly can't make a session b/c of that. If I don't show up before gametime you can immediately start arranging a sub for me. Normally I'm always in time.

Comment

• Pentium 4
                              2.66 Ghz
                              1 GB RAM
                              Wireless connection to next door neighbor. I don't have any access or control of his router, and since his network is 20 feet away across a row of hedges, it isn't always stable, heh. I know nothing about the connection besides that.
                              Win XP SP2
                              GeForce FX 5200

Comment

• Originally posted by LzPrst
                                yeah. sorry about that. was a special occasion. girl I dont see too often was in town. I had to say hi.

anyway. we need to get organized with this whole tech issue.

1. Everyone post your computer's stats in this format.
                                - 2.4 Ghz
                                - 1024 RAM
                                - ADSL Internet connection, Router + Switch
                                -Non-static IP
                                -Windows XP, SP2

2. Everyone who havent done it yet, activate network logging as I described before.

3. Next session we will collect logs from everyone if there is any technical issue. We will do this every time there is a technical issue. Failing to log in, dropping out, etc.
                                A: If there is a problem, everyone go to the chats and we will give the proplem a number.
                                B: Then everyone rename that log with their name and the number given. (example: problem number 4. "LzprstProblem 4")
                                C: Then everyone send a copy of those files to me and I will relay them to firaxis.

You might think this is more work than it is worth, but really. 3 hours and 25 turns is not good enough. Making thing working properly it will be worth it. We have to get our subs to work with us on this. It will be a requirement for subs that they activate logging and collect the files if there are problems.

A good start there lz.

But I think we need to pin everyone down on their firewall/port settings too.

* Athlon 2400
                                * 1.5 gb ram
                                * GeForce 6200 256 mb graphics
                                * Win XP SP2
                                * Static Internet IP
                                * ADSL 1500kb modem/router with IP address of 10.1.1.1
                                * Statically assigned local IP for my PC of 10.1.1.2

Now,

ALL ADSL modems ARE routers EVEN if you only connect ONE PC. So, it's critical that you use you browser to browse to the settings home page of your modem/router - typically you'd type an IP address into the Address bar of your browser, like 10.1.1.1 in my case.

This brings up the ADSL Modem/router's advanced settings where you can disable your HARDWARE firewall AND forward ports. With correct port forwarding you don't actually have to disable the firewall but the newbs to this should simply disable the modem/router's firewall.

This is totally separate from the Windows XP software firewall which is usually correctly set up when you run the Warlords installation DVD and select the MP options.
                                "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Working...
                                X