Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The HOTW VII - Setup Thread II (or the entrance of new mods)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great job KunojiLym, I say he be Carthage

Comment

• Originally posted by Toni
      So how many ppl will we be missing this friday?
      Thrak is out for 3 weeks and Carthaginians are open. So we're missing two. But Kuno's guy will take over one.

Personally I'm in favor of his friend taking Rome, since they are in a better spot and more able to be a viable civ with human support.

Plus if things come to blows this week, it would be best to have a human in charge, and not beat up on the AI. Humans are more likely to negotiate and be all diplomatic than the computer afterall.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I say let him sub for Rome, I think LzPrst can kill of Carthage if needed. It would be better if we can find a 'sub' for Carthage as well but I wonder if the civ is interesting to play anymore.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Personally, I think that if Prussia isn't going to claim Carthage, then Thrak could go back to them perminantly, with Kuno's friend taking over Rome. That way, Thrak would know how he started off, and should be able to pull something from the mess... even if he is away for 3 weeks.

However, if we can somehow convince the the AI to post in the story thread... maybe we could continue on with that
          Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
          "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• Originally posted by MMC
            However, if we can somehow convince the the AI to post in the story thread... maybe we could continue on with that
            Damn industrialization is going to make diplogamers obsolete!

First poor ol' John Henry, now Ozzy!

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Hummm... maybe I should make a mod to let the AI join in with diplogames...

What's the point in studying for a degree in Games development and AI if you can't put it to use
              Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
              "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

• MMC: Thrak can't play for the following weeks!
                And interesting, about your degree! Are you making mods already?

Comment

• I have a plan and am happy to let ppl know it, it leverages my resources as rome quite neatly.

It should leave whoever takes over rome in a strong (but not dominant) position if all goes well.

It depends do you want me to diplo it and then pass on the mantle or pass on the mantle and let them diplo it.

Comment

• Try to diplo today and tomorrow before the session starts. Please respond to my post.

Comment

• edited: double post
                      Last edited by LzPrst; September 14, 2006, 17:04.
                      Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• I say Thrak's friend takes over Rome for the next three weeks since he can keep in contact with Thrak for advice\instructions. When Thrak comes back he and his friend can fight about who takes over Carthage.

Carthage... For tomorrow Fransiski says, maybe. The thing is, Carthage is still viable. My settler stands ready to lock them in, but I havent done it yet. Which means, if Carthage gets a player, I can be nice to them and not settle in the spot that will lock them in. If Carthage DOESNT get a player then I'm putting up a fence around their lands and not letting any AI settlers out.

Once again. Carthage gets a player, they will be viable. If Carthage doesnt. They're not.

Carthage is still viable if I lock them in, they just have a really really big obstacle to overcome in order to become a power player. For a long time they will be a "minor" empire. But played well, diploed well, they should be able to settle several cities by ship and I dont know how many islands they have off their coast. They have at least one. If someone would be interested in playing the underdog then Carthage is in an amazingly interesting position. Locked in by land, but open by sea. Not to be scoffed at, and as the Vikings have so far declared their friendliness, Carthage would not have to worry about defence as the Viking empire is a buffer against most neighbours. Seriously, I wish someone would play Carthage cause I think it would require one of the most interesting plays imaginable and that makes for great storytelling and great gameplay.

IMPORTANT!!!

Has everyone TURNED ON NETWORK LOGGING?
                        If we want to play without all the technical difficulties then people should activate the logging feature so we can report our problems. I've written two posts about this already, cause IT IS IMPORTANT. If you dont know how to turn on logging, flip back a few pages and check my posts, I describe it in step by step detail. I want everyone who has turned on logging to post that they have done so, and everyone who hasnt... DO IT!!

Sorry for yelling, but we need this.
                        Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• I've enabled network logging already.

Comment

• Id be available to play tomorrow. I talked briefly with Ozzy, and Ill be online if needed. It sounds like Rome or Carthage need one, so let me know tomorrow.
                            Non Serviam

Comment

• If we turn it on we need a strategy for collecting and collating the data and sending it, yeah?
                              "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• It's called e-mail

And great to have you on board Glohithia

Comment

Working...
                                X