Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The HOTW VII - Setup Thread II (or the entrance of new mods)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The HOTW VII - Setup Thread II (or the entrance of new mods)

This is setup-thread (2) for the Diplomacy Game History of the World VII

This thread will be used for organisational issues for this game. For in-game use please use the (yet to be started) "History of the World VII - Tales and diplomacy" thread (which will be started as soon as the game has started on Friday September 1st / Saturday September 2nd.

For the 3rd edition of this thread please go here:

For the first edition of this thread please go here:
    http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...94#post4567394 (last post)

The Story Thread with In Character posts can be found here:

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gametime: friday 23:00 - saturday 02:00 UTC
    First session: friday september 1th 23:00 UTC

Game details:
    Maptype: Terra
    Size: Huge
    Speed: Marathon
    sea level: normal
    climate: normal
    ballanced: off

Tech-trade: TORaCTT
    trade only (self)researched or conquered techs twice
    - Conquered techs are techs that you got in exchange for peace with another civ that lost at least one city to you. (ie. Russia loses the city of Novograd to England, England offers Russia peace if Russia gives gunpowder to England. England can trade gunpowder twice now)
    - For trading techs for peace the TORaCTT rule counts as well! Only techs someone researched himself or gained through conquest that weren't traded twice already can be traded for peace.

Players post at least once per week in the story-thread and confirm thier availability in the setup thread.
    Players arrange subs if they can't play and announce it in time
    The game lasts for 3 hours unless all players agree to continue longer.

Players:
    Civilization Leader also known as Former players
    Nolan [PM]EgyptRamsescondor233
    Deity [PM]ChosonWang Kong
    Levi_the_Oracle [PM]IncaHuayna CapacFrank Johnson (Dangime)
    KunojiLym [PM]ChinaQin Shi Huang
    LzPrst [PM]VikingsRagnar Lodbrok
    Glohithia [PM]EnglandVictoriaMMC
    OmnipotentTrout [PM]CeltsBrennus
    OzzyKP [PM]ArabsSaladin
    Rykoffe [PM]CarthageHannibalThrak
    EliminatedRomeJulius Ceasar[AI]
    Toni [PM]Bulgaria (Persia)Cyrus II
    CyberShy [PM]IndiaGhandi
    Conquistador45 [PM]KushrenaNapoleon BoneparteColonel_Treize
    Last edited by Robert; January 31, 2008, 10:36.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

I think Nolan wanted Ramses.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Since it seems we are starting this Friday, I made the HOTW7 thread.

(The only reason was so that I could be the one to do it )

Comment

Hi - is there room for any more players?

Comment

@Prussia: as long as you don't mind that I edit the first post with valuable information. (if you do, I'll do it anyway ) and I'll close the thread till friday to avoid spam being placed in it.

@TELawrence, are you familiar with the concept of diplogames? This game has a history of several weeks of preparation already, please briefly read the other thread (linked from the 1st post) for that.
          The game may last for 20+ weeks, we use self-made diplo rules, in other words, this game is a heavy game and we can't accept players who drop out easily (if they're not doing in game in example) or who are not participating outside the play hours.

Are you familiar with that and do you want to comply to that? I ask so because I know that all other players are dedicated (they were involved in 7 weeks of planning, only dedicated people are). If we accept you in our game we can't be sure. On the other side: the more, the merrier. A huge 15 player diplo game is the best I can think about

Comment

sea level: normal why ???

This issue hasn't been resolved yet

Comment

True, if more votes come in for low it'll be low.
              The last tally (made by Deity) got normal sealevel leading, Since no more new votes came in and Capo, Nolan and Omni most probably don't care anyway I assumed that this would be the end result.

I'm fine if it changes and will update the first post in that case.

Comment

you bastard prussia, I wanted to do that

cant get a hold of omni yet. will call him later today and edit this post with his civ\leader choice. he should have bought warlords by now and gotten a look at the leaders. will update in a few hours.

@TELawrence. if you're still interested in diplogaming after seeing the sheer immensity of the game concept we would love to welcome you into the fold. though this game is quite full IMO.

Though despair not, there are a number of (potential and actual) diploplayers out there who didnt get a spot in this game for several reasons, mainly time-spot related.

If you're still interested, I suggest you sign up for the Diplogames civgroup and either start a thread about a new diplogame or probably better, contact some diplogamers who aren't in this game who would be interested in firing one up. ask Rasputin if the game he was talking about starting up is going anywhere, there might be room for you there. Also, there are several players that fell off the HOTW7 (this current game's name) during the 7 weeks we spent arguing and haggling over rules, settings and the like. those people would probably jump on a diplogame if it didnt involve months of screaming, crying, mudslinging and the other traditional pre-diplogame activities.

also important to mention, a diplogame will frequently need substitutes for players who cant play a given week so you could try playing a session in this game for someone else later on. we welcome every interested player into the diplogame community, but just keep in mind, it is not for the faint of heart
                Last edited by LzPrst; August 28, 2006, 11:38.
                Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

actually i can go with low or normal, whatever makes u guys happy. I just look forward for starting the game

Comment

I just wonder if someone can't make say session 2 and wasn't able to find a sub, do we conitnue the game without him? How does it work, curious here.

Myself is 110% commiteted to the game.

Comment

Yes, only if a huge ammount of players (4/5+) can't make a session we can debate not playing at all. Skipping weeks come with a huge risk of the game nog continueing at all. Not to mention that people are more eager to be not able to play if they know that the game will not continue without them. Thus if someone can't play for a session he should organise a sub.

Comment

CyberShy, do what you want to my thread. You got my full permission. It's a good idea to close it until Friday.

you bastard prussia, I wanted to do that

Nah, Nah.

Comment

Sounds good CyberShy, tx. And yes if someone knows he won't be able to make it, he should find a sub. 4/5 players sounds good not to have a game that week.

Ok so will we have everyone for this Friday ?

Comment

Except Capo i mean what about the rest?

Comment

What is the situation about Omni?

Comment

Working...
                              X