RtW: Add-On Pack 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BryBry26
    I would suggest changing the Civ Adjective for USSR to "Soviet" rather than using "Russian".
    Good point

Comment

• Hello!

First thanks for the great mod!

We've just started playing a 1936 Europe (hitler) game on pitboss and I was wondering is it automatically an open game or historical game because I didn't find anything in the settings.

We've started the game and first turn has passed but I cannot declare war to anyone. I would be very keen to attack someone... anyone...

so do I have to wait few turns before the choice is made between historical and open play like in single player or how do I get the MP game to work as open game?

Thanks for the help

Comment

• The original beta had you make that choice on the 2nd turn. If you have downloaded the new patch, it should happen on the first turn.

Comment

• jangster:

While I can't support MP for the mod, I did some things for beta 3 that should help you get a MP game going. Try that one.

Comment

• It removed the folder called RTW when you had us delete the folder and replaced it with "RTW add on pack1" folder.

Will this effect anything?

Comment

• Look in the "RtW add-on pack 1" folder. You will find a folder called "The Road to War".

Move that to the Mods folder (down one). For some reason some people get hit with an extra folder.

Comment

• many thanks
                Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Thanks for the advice.

So do you think our game is in historical mode right now because we can't declare wars or change civics?

Beta 3? thats something like the version number of the add-on pack? so if I downloaded the add-on a week ago from the link on these forums I should have beta 3?

My honest opinion about not supporting and in general not consentrating more on MP is that people are just crazy. Civ is an ideal MP game and firaxis should concentrate on that by putting some real effort to pitboss and not this half-hearted attempt. These great strategygames deserve to be played against humans not against dumb-witted AI.

I'd love to see the day when Civ would be more about well functioning multiplay than nice graphics.

Comment

• I started a single player game that I saved as a scenario after I had chosen openplay, but when I start the MP game everyone can change their civics but can't declare war to anyone.

How do I download beta 3?

Comment

• Originally posted by jangster
                      How do I download beta 3?
                      Go to the first post of this thread and click on the link.
                      "What if somebody gave a war and nobody came?" Allen Ginsberg

"Opinions are like arses, everyone has one." Anon

Comment

• ok so it's like a version number of the mod, I have beta 3 then.

Comment

• Having trouble. Followed instructions precisely. Installer will get ~95% complete, and then I get the following error message:

Cannot create ...\Mods\RtW Add-on Pack 1 (No Movies)\The Road to War\CvGameCoreDLL\Boost-1.32.0\include\boost\spirit\fusion\iterator\detail \filter_view_iterator directory!
                          I clicked through, restarted BtS, and the RtW scenarios & mods were nowhere to be found. However - the top right corner said "RtW Add-on Pack 1 (No Movies)". Nothing would load the RtW content.

So, I went out, deleted the previous download, re-installed - same error message.

Help?

Comment

• I only just started playing around with this mod. I played the 1939 Europe scenario with random events. At first I thought my memory of history was simply off, or that the events can be VERY random, but I've now gotten to early 1942 with France and Poland still at peace with everyone. The US just became at war with Germany, and as far as I can see, the Axis per se don't actually exist, since *Italy* is still at peace with everyone and un-teamed with Germany.
                            Other events have happened, so I know it's not merely NO events (Germany declared war on the USSR, the Baltics, etc, England is allied with at least some countries (king michael, for example) and the US was brought into the allies properly.

I'm playing the original out-of-the-box unpatched version of this mod, but I see no reference to this in the list of changes and fixes from the patch. Anyone seen anything like this? Is it possible that with the random events, the France-is-invaded, Poland-is-invaded, and Germany-and-Italy-team-up all could have occured "before" the date at which this starts?

Comment

• the random events means that the game will be nothing like history. i suggest you try the historical events version when you start a new game
                              ModCastNewest Episode!
                              Beyond the Sword: Road to War Art Development

Second Revolution 3.0 Creator

Comment

• At least according to the in-game information, random events mean that the real events still happen, but at a somewhat variable time, rather than a specific time. In the historical time, I'd know *exactly* when germany was about to declare war on france, team up with italy, decalre war on the US, etc. In the random version, at least in my understanding, I know approximately when these are going to happen (they should still happen within a few months of the real time), but I can't exploit my knowledge as much as in the historical version.

Comment

Working...
                                X