No announcement yet.

RtW: Add-On Pack 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well the graphics for the planes you posted look like I would have expected them to look in this good fo a Mod. Now I have not used ? " solvers patch" or delete what from world builder? I have not used world builder. Is there a way to delete the mod completly and reinstall the mod? Do I just delete the folder and reinstall the Beta 2?

In the case of the one square valley on the left side of the map looked like an american plane was on the square with a fort. I could not even move into the square and the plane did not leave? Can planes garrison forts, as a genral rule? ie: do they act like air bases?

Comment

• Is this add on pack supposed to create a sub folder in the RTW folder called RTW addon pack 1?

Comment

• Originally posted by Webrider
        Is this add on pack supposed to create a sub folder in the RTW folder called RTW addon pack 1?
        You are suposed to copy the content of this new subfolder in in the RTW main directory.
        I faced the same problem wondering why the TD are still so strong

Comment

• Yeah sorry about the folder mess up. I'll have a better setup for the next one.

Webrider:
          To enter WorldBuilder press CTRL-W. Once there move to the location of the offending plane and right-click it. The plane should disappear.

Forts in BtS act as naval and air bases, as well as resource collectors.

To reinstall the mod completely just delete the entire Road to War mod folder and install Beta 2. Beta 2 is a full install (except one does not have the movies).

From the RtW website there is a link from the download page to this thread. Once the add-on is finished I'll put a DL link on that page.

Comment

• That fixed my problem. The units look great now Thanks. I needed copy the content into the RTW main directory. I also found and installed Solvers patch as recomended. Good job on this Mod again

Comment

• Originally posted by Gulelin
              I got it to install by following the instructions, then opening the RTW add on folder that was created inside the RTW mod folder and copying and pasting each folder from the Add on to the main folder. Works for me

Someone suggested earlier(and I think it's a great idea) that there be seperate upgrade paths. For the germans I could see something like:

Medium tank:starts with PZIV--->Panther
              Heavy tank:Tiger--->Tiger2
              (probably need a new tech to faciliate the Panther and Tig2)

The PVIV could maybe be set to strength of 28 or 29, with a movement of 3. The Panther coud be at 30 with a movement of 4 to reflect it's greater speed, but cost much more.

Keeping the tank lines seperate would give the ability to still build mediums when you get heavy tank tech, which is more accurate anyway since Germany continued to build PZIVs for a long time. I know that this suggestion might seem like too much, but I would welcome the depth it would bring. Don't get me wrong though, the scenario as it stands now is fantastic. It's all I have played=)
              I changed all tanks movement to 3 except the first generation. PanzerIV has a strength of 28 now, T-34 has a free ambush promotion because it was the first tank with diagonally armor. Currently I am playing with russia in historic mode as monarch. The offensive starts pretty well until I reached Berlin. Now I have a huge frontline I have to hold against german and italian troops. Lots of tank and infantry battles, I have the manpower and the axis the technology. Russia has a big problem on research, the basic research is low and in war you need the money for culture to keep the citizens happy. Also the religion benefit gives you only culture. The first Tigers are spotted, Allies where are you ? . Anyway, with a movement of 3 a blitzkrieg is still possible but you have to be prepared for counterattacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bombardment

I changed all tanks movement to 3 except the first generation. PanzerIV has a strength of 28 now, T-34 has a free ambush promotion because it was the first tank with diagonally armor. Currently I am playing with russia in historic mode as monarch. The offensive starts pretty well until I reached Berlin. Now I have a huge frontline I have to hold against german and italian troops. Lots of tank and infantry battles, I have the manpower and the axis the technology. Russia has a big problem on research, the basic research is low and in war you need the money for culture to keep the citizens happy. Also the religion benefit gives you only culture. The first Tigers are spotted, Allies where are you ? . Anyway, with a movement of 3 a blitzkrieg is still possible but you have to be prepared for counterattacks.
                I am having a similiar experience playing Russia on Noble. I have driven into Germany and hold Berlin, the city directly Northwest, Landsberg, and Krakow(maybe a city west of Krakow too? can't rememebr ATM). My southern border is fairly extended now, since I hold Krakow, Rzizneznizzlenow, Lvov, and Chisnau. The axis has started to launch some counter attacks in Germany so I think I need to take Budapest and Bucharest to safely move forward in Germany.

I am really impressed with the AI. Even though I have unchallenged air superiority and superior numbers, if I make a troop positioning mistake the AI still makes me pay. I have taken Finland, the Baltic states, and all of Poland back, so at this point I may control more land than all the axis but they are still fighting hard=)

A little frustrated with the war weariness at this point though, and it's getting difficult to advance with no distractions at all from the allies. In your scenario has Britain or the US really done anything significant?

Comment

• @Gulelin
                  Well at least the uk invaded the italian cities in northafrica. They have also weakened the german airforce but this doesn't help me because of the fiat terror from italy. The italian cities are pretty weak but the german spams heavy artillery for support (even stupid vichy france). So I am stucked, money gets low, war weariness raised in some cities to over 30 and I can't get rid of the german culture borders. Russia seems the hardest main civic to play, they should join the allies too. It sucks if even vichy france has better troops .

Comment

• Originally posted by Bombardment
                    @Gulelin
                    Well at least the uk invaded the italian cities in northafrica. They have also weakened the german airforce but this doesn't help me because of the fiat terror from italy. The italian cities are pretty weak but the german spams heavy artillery for support (even stupid vichy france). So I am stucked, money gets low, war weariness raised in some cities to over 30 and I can't get rid of the german culture borders. Russia seems the hardest main civic to play, they should join the allies too. It sucks if even vichy france has better troops .
                    I have culture at 40% just to deal with war weariness atm, so I am falling behind in research. I make up for it with air superiority though. My planes have so much experience, and my airforce is so much larger(50 fighters I think), that i shoot down literally everything he puts in the sky pretty much the turn he puts it into action. This has allowed me to compensate for falling behind in tech...I bomb the crap out of all his units within striking distance.

Comment

• Just so you know, in the next beta WW multiplier is nerfed from 5 to 1.

Comment

• Unit icons will be updated in the next beta.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• been trying to set up a pbem with 2 humans

1 as UK, other as Norway

and it will not accept the Norway player...

will try again in coming days, see if I can find away around it
                          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale
                            Unit icons will be updated in the next beta.
                            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Just so you know, in the next beta WW multiplier is nerfed from 5 to 1.
                              This is very good news! Your continued effort is appreciated

Comment

Unit icons will be updated in the next beta.
                                If you are going to do that, may I suggest a slight change.

Blue - for naval vessels is fine.
                                Green - for air units seems odd - can I suggest you keep them at grey. (grey skies etc), or white.

Grey - for land OK (except for above comment on air units) therefore make these either green or brown. (earth colours).

Personnally the original version was fine for me - but if you are going to change it, I think (biased view of course) that my suggestions are slightly more intuative.
                                "What if somebody gave a war and nobody came?" Allen Ginsberg

"Opinions are like arses, everyone has one." Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X