No announcement yet.

RtW: Add-On Pack 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About health in the europe scenario, why does have UK a monopoly on the resource fish? Even if you conquer Malta and Gibraltar you will never get them unlike you are italian/spanish or conquer them too. Norway should have fish and crabs, russia plenty of wheat. USA all of them, the really need it because they have not much space.

Comment

Played as Japan, the Zero and British Hurricane graphics are not that hot. I have seen some Zero and British fighter graphics on Civfanatics site they will let anyone use if you give the artist credit. This is a great mod and deserves the best units graphics. Just a thought.

Any way so far as I have played this is a good mod.

I am playing version .03 patch. Beta 2 hope it works I know you recomended 02 patch. Guess we will see.

I just hate seeing the biplanes used for hurricanes and the looks like the the plane Henry Ford used in the Battle of the bulge to spot for the Germans as a AM6 Zero.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrier UK
        Pacific map. Beta 2.

If you are attacking a city that has one defending land unit left and some aircraft, there is a bug if you kill that defender by bombardment. The land unit dies leaving the city empty except for the planes. If you then try and move a land unit into that city - you can not capture it even though it has no defenders inside the city, because of the prescence of the aircraft..
        Unable to reproduce. Maybe Solver's fixes have resolved this (I've recently added them, but not in beta 2).

Comment

Originally posted by Webrider
          Played as Japan, the Zero and British Hurricane graphics are not that hot. I have seen some Zero and British fighter graphics on Civfanatics site they will let anyone use if you give the artist credit. This is a great mod and deserves the best units graphics. Just a thought.

Any way so far as I have played this is a good mod.

I am playing version .03 patch. Beta 2 hope it works I know you recomended 02 patch. Guess we will see.

I just hate seeing the biplanes used for hurricanes and the looks like the the plane Henry Ford used in the Battle of the bulge to spot for the Germans as a AM6 Zero.
          Are you playing beta 2 of the add-on? Both mentioned aircraft have correct graphics (from CFC incidentally).

Comment

Originally posted by Harrier UK

This is the first time I have played using random starts for historic events. As soon as I finish this game I will start another one and see what happens.
            Did you save and reload between those two dates?

One thing I just noticed is that the random events mode re-rolls when the events occur if you reload a save game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale

Did you save and reload between those two dates?

One thing I just noticed is that the random events mode re-rolls when the events occur if you reload a save game.
              Yes I saved after the first event occurred and reloaded the following day.
              "What if somebody gave a war and nobody came?" Allen Ginsberg

"Opinions are like arses, everyone has one." Anon

Comment

Hot Seat problem

Look like there is a problem with Host Seat MP mode.
                When I start hot seat game it stops switching sides after first round.

Kruki

Comment

Japan 36 scenario. Beata 2, patch 03, beata 2 applied after the patch. Playing as Japan historical.

The zero graphic is a green overhead wing fixed landing gear

the hurricane is a biplane

the tank destroyer had a german emblam on it

I can't enter a square with an american city, after 12/7/41 of course and we are at war, I can't attack Guam

the left hand pass on the far left of the map between China and the Brits, is blocked with an american bomber and fort, will not let me by. Destroyed the fort with bombers and will not let land units enter the square and the American bomber is just parked there.

Comment

Re: Hot Seat problem

Originally posted by kruki
                    Look like there is a problem with Host Seat MP mode.
                    When I start hot seat game it stops switching sides after first round.

Kruki
                    Sorry to say but I can't support MP. I turned MP back on, but if it doesn't work......

Sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Webrider
                      Japan 36 scenario. Beata 2, patch 03, beata 2 applied after the patch. Playing as Japan historical.

The zero graphic is a green overhead wing fixed landing gear

the hurricane is a biplane

the tank destroyer had a german emblam on it

I can't enter a square with an american city, after 12/7/41 of course and we are at war, I can't attack Guam

the left hand pass on the far left of the map between China and the Brits, is blocked with an american bomber and fort, will not let me by. Destroyed the fort with bombers and will not let land units enter the square and the American bomber is just parked there.
                      There's been some weird reports on BtS 3.03 of different graphics to expected. Maybe you've been hit by this.

The zero and hurricane definitely have unique graphics of the correct aircraft.

The tank destroyer graphic is of the German Stugg. It's going to have a German symbol on it.

I can't reproduce the bomber example above, but a similar bug was reported earlier with fighters. I believe something in Solver's patch (which I've included now in the dev build) fixes this.

Just go into world builder and delete it.

Comment

• Hurricane and Zero in-game:
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Where's the Add on?

I went to the official RTW site and I don't see any downloads. Clicked the download and nothing.

Comment

• Thank you, but now I can't get the
                            folder to deleted win I browse to it.
                            I try the other method.

LB

Comment

• I got it to install by following the instructions, then opening the RTW add on folder that was created inside the RTW mod folder and copying and pasting each folder from the Add on to the main folder. Works for me

Someone suggested earlier(and I think it's a great idea) that there be seperate upgrade paths. For the germans I could see something like:

Medium tank:starts with PZIV--->Panther
                              Heavy tank:Tiger--->Tiger2
                              (probably need a new tech to faciliate the Panther and Tig2)

The PVIV could maybe be set to strength of 28 or 29, with a movement of 3. The Panther coud be at 30 with a movement of 4 to reflect it's greater speed, but cost much more.

Keeping the tank lines seperate would give the ability to still build mediums when you get heavy tank tech, which is more accurate anyway since Germany continued to build PZIVs for a long time. I know that this suggestion might seem like too much, but I would welcome the depth it would bring. Don't get me wrong though, the scenario as it stands now is fantastic. It's all I have played=)

I have seen the aircraft-only-left-in-a-city-can't-move-in bug as well, but I did what Dale suggested: I went into the Worldbuilder, put a unit there, then deleted it.

Comment

• Thanks Bombardment

I didn't realize that even though the
                                installer didn't actually delete the folder from
                                the tree that it didn't create one and went
                                ahead and installed over the old files.
                                I lost all my saves though. Doesn't matter,
                                Germany attacked my east Balkans in 41
                                when I moved up to fourth in size and since
                                he sent a stack of ten tigers after me and
                                20 Pzk IVs I was dead meat anyway. I
                                do miss my BTS save though. Is the
                                north sea oil on the map somewhere
                                or did Dale just "fix" the import to Canada
                                and England? Thanks again for your help.
                                This is the only computer game I still play
                                and since I started with the Boardgame
                                Civ the development has always interested
                                me. Its a shame that the rush that BS Gates
                                has forced on the market, has lowered the
                                "simulation" value.

LB

Comment

Working...
                                X