No announcement yet.

RtW: Add-On Pack 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct. Start game, immediately save, exit then try to reload that save and it fails.

Comment

• Cool gotcha. Tested it and confirmed.

Crap crap crap crap crap!

Comment

• Dale;
        Any time frame when this problem of the saved games being fixed?

Comment

• How about now?

Patch 1.1: http://rtw.apolyton.net/files/RtW_AOP1_Patch1.1.exe

1. Run the installer.
          2. Install to your Beyond the Sword folder (installer places files in correct locations).
          3. Enjoy your saves!

IMPORTANT:
          Due to the bug no saves from any previous version of RtW will be compatible, including the latest release of the Add-on.

Comment

• What's your plan from here? Aside from bug fixing, do you have more features/scenarios planned for RtW? I'm guessing from the name there will some day be a Add-on Pack 2 ...

Looks awesome btw, downloading now.

Comment

• Seems to be working, playing now. Thanks for the quick turn around (and for the cool add-on pack)!

Comment

• Add on Pack 1

Dale,
                Okay, I was always waitng for the automatci install. After all these threads I was wondering if you can post as if you never di9d it before. The instructions and link to install Add On Pack 1?

Thanks,
                Steve

Comment

• First post of this thread has the install instructions and download links.

Is there something confusing about the install instructions?

The install is an automatic installer. Just point it to the Beyond the Sword folder (which it takes from registry btw).

Comment

• I installed it and love playing it but I can't load a saved game it has a compression error. Any ideas that could help me?
                    Thank

Comment

• Originally posted by maximo28
                      I installed it and love playing it but I can't load a saved game it has a compression error. Any ideas that could help me?
                      Thank
                      Install the patch (see a couple of posts up).

Comment

• I just found a bug.I uploaded the save(just click the link under)

Comment

• Good day, or night or whatever time is it!
                          Dale, might there be a chance that civs could form 'Alliance Pacts' so that if you declare war to a one civ, you're ally wouldn't have to declare war him. (Am I making sense?)

Otherwise they would share research and have open borders, but each one could have his own enemies.

For example: Poland could form Alliance Pact with England and France, but USSR could still declare war on it without angering others of the pact.

EDIT:Btw, can you play Vichy France?
                          Last edited by FIN Marshal; November 3, 2007, 07:28.

Comment

• RtW comments

Some comments and feedback for the makers of Road to War:

First of all, Thank You Very Much! I'm only halfway through my first game, but having lots of fun. I've always wondered if CIV could be stretched enough to do a decent WWII recreation plus throw in a whole lot of "what ifs", and the answer is a definite yes. This doesn't compare to Gary Grigsby's old wargames for detail, but the range of possibilities is just so fun! I found this thread two days ago, after starting this game, and my next one will be on the latest patch.

Here's a question for experienced RtW players. I started this first game on Noble difficulty - Germany - 1936 - 3.13 patch, and the tech tree has progressed awful fast. In hindsight I probably should have chosen Prince (my standard BtS level atm). The question is...does tech slow down across the board at higher difficulties? I'm Germany, and should have A-bomb and Hvy Tank by the end of 1940 at Noble. I'd hate to play, say, UK at Monarch and be eating nukes before the Germans and Russians start their dance.

The other feedback I have is about Heavy Tank. Decreasing movement to two seems unreasonable. Since we're talking the late-war Tiger, KV-85, JS1, and the like, these are well-rounded (why you have to buy the tech ). Yes, they are slower than mediums, but they are still fast enough (usually 30-40kph top speed) and not bound to roads. They should not be SLOWER than everything else (motorized, road-bound infantry, etc.; towed artillery) being used around that time. We're looking at corps-level units here, and only an elite armored formation would get the big beasts. They'd have the best of everything - self-propelled artillery, halftracks, lots of trucks for the support units, the works. With two-week turns, I think keeping a move of three is reasonable. However, I think the upgrade cost from mediums to heavys should be considerable (200-300g?). Mediums should be the "standard" tank, and only a limited number of heavy upgrades should be available. They do take almost twice as much steel, gas, maintenance, etc. after all.

Ideally, medium tanks and heavy tanks could be on separate tracks. This would add a bunch of complexity and mean rebalancing the tech tree, and I don't even have any detailed feedback here. I haven't seen in detail what the tech/unit advancement looks like in action for the USSR/Allies/minors, so I can't make any good suggestions, yet anyway. It would be cool to add some more realism and complexity to the AFV portion of RtW (in my opinion at least), but how easy or practical? That I don't know. I have a couple of thoughts, but I need to play some more to find out how things work. Plus, I'm not a modder, so I probably won't be doing much of this myself. I could probably change heavy tank move to three and upgrade cost to 200, but messin' with the tech tree is not my cup of tea.

Thanks again
                            Shalkai

Comment

• Hi Shalkai,

Glad you're liking RtW.

About your suggestions. I will delay commenting till you've played a couple of games.

I find if I rush the tech tree (as Germany) too fast and lesson my infrastructure investment (IE: buying buildings) then by 1944 the Allies are slowly pushing me back. I now lesson my science output to use the cash on infrastructure purchases.

Comment

• How can I get nukes

I've constructed the manhattan project, have 3 uraniums (resource screen says I have 3 and I have 3 to trade), have chain reactors in almost every city, and am on the last vertical line of the tech tree (i.e. modern planes, modern arty, etc), and I can't build nukes. When I first constructed the manhattan project, I was able to select the build A Bomb but after a couple of turns I got a message that I couldn't build it any longer and was forced to build something else. Right now, I can build a missle but the A Bomb and ICBM are greyed out. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X