RtW: Add-On Pack 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for replying Dale.

Yes I think all mods should have installers. It will encourage people without technical knowledge eassier access to all the Mods. I don't try most because there is no installer.

When will the version with installer be available?

Comment

Installer

I agree with AtlantisCiv. My PC is like 4 yrs old and I need an installer because I have so much junk now that I always worry about extra stuff hanging around after. And can I ask a question. I am playing 1936 and I'm confused as to what I am suppossed to be doing from now until 1939 - or am I just dumb as dirt?

Comment

Re: Installer

Originally posted by logicman49
        I agree with AtlantisCiv. My PC is like 4 yrs old and I need an installer because I have so much junk now that I always worry about extra stuff hanging around after. And can I ask a question. I am playing 1936 and I'm confused as to what I am suppossed to be doing from now until 1939 - or am I just dumb as dirt?
        Build up your nation. By the time war comes you'll want a LOT of units, as well as a high production capacity.

I'd suggest a few years working on pumping out industrial capacity (factories and plot improvements) slowing switching over to unit production as your income starts to rise.

Also, keep espionage up so you get visibility and research knowledge of the enemy. Store up a lot of EP's to target your enemies.

Comment

Dale, a random question....

This is a WWII mod, right?

So...why you wanna translate it into French??

Sorry....

-=Vel=-
          (and it looks simply exquisite, btw...I can hardly wait to play!)
          The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

@ Vel

BTW, I haven't forgotten the other project, just need to get this out first.

Comment

I'm glad others need an installer.

Anyone who has Hearts of Iron will know that build up to the war is probably more important than the war itself. What you choose to research (techs) will affect how the war goes. Like HoI its not possible to build all the techs so its your choice.

I would like more flexibility in the first historic option. If you succeed in achieving something earlier than history (eg invasion of France) then it should be possible to declare war on any other country before the historic DoW. Infact I think it should be possible to DoW before the games historic DoW anyway. Its then up to the player to either reply on the default DoW (declaration of war) or choose an earlier time.

If it were at all possible then I would also like to see the Low Countries, D/Norway, E Balkans as seperate countries.

Is there going to be a First World War version?

It would be good to have a game that starts in 1900 and carries on until at least 1953. Any views?

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisCiv
                I would like more flexibility in the first historic option. If you succeed in achieving something earlier than history (eg invasion of France) then it should be possible to declare war on any other country before the historic DoW. Infact I think it should be possible to DoW before the games historic DoW anyway. Its then up to the player to either reply on the default DoW (declaration of war) or choose an earlier time.
                Play the third option. You can DoW whenever you want.
                "What if somebody gave a war and nobody came?" Allen Ginsberg

"Opinions are like arses, everyone has one." Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Harrier UK

Play the third option. You can DoW whenever you want.
                  Yes, but I don't want to see Britain in war with the States.
                  As I said previously there should be some fixed "alliances".
                  May be as a forth option

Comment

Originally posted by Velociryx
                    Dale, a random question....

This is a WWII mod, right?

So...why you wanna translate it into French??

Sorry....
                    Just in order not to be America-centered
                    @Dale:I 'm translating the Addon content at the moment,will PM you when finished

Comment

Who was the leader of germany before you added Hitler? I really like the add on by the way. Having three game modes (alternate/semi historical/historical) is really creative.
                      Last edited by Wiglaf; August 2, 2007, 13:42.

Comment

What Version

I have not downloaded the add on as yet. You indicate it is still in Beta. Is that true? I really haven't played enough and thought I would wait until it was out of Beta!

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                          Who was the leader of germany before you added Hitler?
                          Vice Chancellor Von Papen
                          USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                          The video may avatar is from

Comment

ptzvetan:

Unlikely to see UK-US war as their both the same religion and civics. Unless one of you changes.

freebird:

Awesome thanks. Got any Spanish/Italian/German friends?

logicman49:

Yes, it's still beta but that doesn't mean don't download it. The more people who download and test this beta, the higher chance there is to catch the bugs, find the im-balance and resolve them. This WILL be the most awesome WW2 mod!

Comment

My request for the ability to DoW before the historic date in the fistoric option was to retain all the historical characteristics. There is a difference between my request and going for option 3.

Comment

Re: RtW: Add-On Pack 1

Have to try this one

Originally posted by Dale
                                - BUGFIX: North Sea oil added for UK
                                I might be wrong, but I thought oil platforms weren't developed before after the war?

Comment

Working...
                                X