Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think this thread should be pinned for a while. I will generate more money for apolyton this way.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
    certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
    -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaybe
      That box cover art they released is God awful. Work with me here. True or false?

Pre-order cover art: Good, at least decent.
      Standard cover art:
      I agree, the standard cover is ugly.. the pre-order one is much better

Originally posted by Jaybe
      I am SO glad I pre-ordered!
      Unfair!!!

I also want to be rich enough to pre-order it from that place on the other side of that blue liquid thing

Btw, is this game going to be released in the DVD-case or in those old game boxes?
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• I'm excited to announce Darkstar as our first official contributor!

You can be a party of this too, participation details on post #1

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkstar
          Imran, you mean, other then here? They have been pretty low key. Just a few interviews and previews. Not the full court press that was the wind up to Civ3. I mean, when I go into my game dealer, I mean, seller, they don't have big posters up saying "Coming this November! The Greatest Game Ever from the Game God Sid Meier! CIVILIZATION 3!". Heck, Civ4 isn't even on their list of upcoming games! Of course, they'll carry it, so no worries on that part.

Have you seen TV ads for it? They ran TV ads *here* for Civ3, for a month prior to its release. Their marketting machine dropped a wad of cash to get their Civ3 ads ran for a long block.

Hype? For Civ4? This is practically a stealth release.
          Pirates! was definetly in the stores with the empty boxes for a while. It was previewed and previewed and given very high reviews. I'd say there was plenty of hype for Pirates!

CivIV may not be as hyped because of the pushing up of the release date. After all, it was supposed to be a mid November title (and it isn't even October yet).

FWIW, I didn't see much hype outside of the internet for CivIII either.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Pirates! was hyped. But I thought most of the hype was from old Pirate fans, not Firaxis or its publisher. After all, I didn't see TV ads for it. We didn't even have empty boxes for it here.

Well, CivAnon is getting more active. Is that a fan site, or real advertising and corp owned?
            -Darkstar
            (Knight Errant Of Spam)

Comment

• What do you think?
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkstar

Have you seen TV ads for it? They ran TV ads *here* for Civ3, for a month prior to its release. Their marketting machine dropped a wad of cash to get their Civ3 ads ran for a long block.

Hype? For Civ4? This is practically a stealth release.
                I dont recall any commericals for any of the CIV games...

just pepole like us spreading the gospel
                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• id add in if i had any spare moolah on me

i gotta see this video though
                  if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
                    The people who contribute should decide if he should eat the box or not
                    Sorry CyberShy, but the people that pay the ticket to see a football or basketball game is not allowed to chose the refree, isn't it?
                    May be they deserve the opportunity to see the movie in exclusive for a couple of days.
                    "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                    - Admiral Naismith

Comment

• Re: The YIN-VEL Fund: Join the FUN!

Originally posted by MarkG
                      [q=Yin on 10/07/05]If ICS isn't still the dominant strategy in Civ 4, then I'll eat (at least part) of the cardboard box! And if combat isn't as dull as ever, I'll eat more parts![/q]
                      stupid question... but what if the game doesn't come in a cardboard box but instead in the small neat plastic DVD cases like i've received all my games in the past 3 years?
                      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Re: Re: The YIN-VEL Fund: Join the FUN!

Originally posted by sabrewolf
                        stupid question... but what if the game doesn't come in a cardboard box but instead in the small neat plastic DVD cases?
                        I suppose Yin will have to chew harder...
                        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

• ...and I just paid some serious cash for dental work...my dentist would not approve...unless I flossed right afterward!
                          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

• As if we care if your dentist approves or not, we don't care about your teeth, all we care about is having an mpeg full of fun that will spread over the internet like Paris Hilton
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Alright -- I'd like the change the rules here a bit: If Civ 4 tanks, then I should be forced to star in a video WITH Paris Hilton. I don't really find her all the attractive, mind you, but I guess I could spare an hour or so.
                              I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

• I think that getting Paris Hilton to agree might be harder .
                                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                                X