This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SpencerH
    We may not use ICS while playing against the AI, but we all know that it's the best strategy to use in order to win the game. I will be stunningly surprised if any gameplay fix can reduce its effectiveness without rendering the game unplayable and unpalatable.
    Care to make a wager?

hehehe
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• its gonna to be part ICS

with the limit of 2 national wonders per city

start working those jaw muscles
      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• I'd set up a bookie service on the issue, but that might not be fair.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Odin
          Yin's going to eat the Civ4 box even if we have to shove it down his throat.
          Well, actually he won't. Not unless you put your money down to buy him a cIV game through the fund. He won't eat what he doesn't get, and I doubt you could convince him to go out and waste his own money buying a cIV game, as well as renting a camera, then playing the game, then agreeing that ICS and combat don't suck as bad in the game as in previous versions of Civ, then taping his eating of part of the box.

Think it through. If Apolyton doesn't supply the game, there isn't a chance of any of it happening, and Yin will get to laugh at all the cIV fanzers, because the fanzers didn't have enough belief in their own game to even risk a mere $2 on being right.

I think the community is about to hand Yin the greatest troll license in the history of the internet. The community is going to agree that Yin speaks the whole truff, if its not worth taking him up on his bet.

Hey Yin, hear that? If they don't come through, you'll be granted a permanent troll license. Anyone but the people that contribute to the Yin-Vel fund try to call you down, should be a bannable offense. If they aren't willing to take action and back up their words, then they agree with you. They just don't want the rest of the community knowing that they agree with you. I bet Mark and Dan would go for that. They are willing to put their money down to back what they believe.
          -Darkstar
          (Knight Errant Of Spam)

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither I'd set up a bookie service on the issue, but that might not be fair.
            Absolutely true, NYE. It appears the community at large know that Yin is right already. You'd have to set the line so far over to being blind, deaf, and dumb, that there wouldn't be enough handicapable players out there to test the game and give us their impressions.
            -Darkstar
            (Knight Errant Of Spam)

Comment

• Originally posted by Platypus Rex
              its gonna to be part ICS

with the limit of 2 national wonders per city

start working those jaw muscles
              So, you'll have to ICS just to have room to build more wonders? You know how much that would suck, don't you? That will be the first thing modded, if Firaxis was dumb enough to do that. How else can you do the OCC or the Seven Cities on the Hill empires?
              -Darkstar
              (Knight Errant Of Spam)

Comment

• Darkstar is right. 6 pages later, we still have only a single donator
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

• my nagging worked. thank you Drakan, enjoy your PLUS month

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkG
                    Darkstar is right. 6 pages later, we still have only a single donator
                    I'm in trouble here: I don't think Yin deserve to suffer for having voiced a "without pinkglasses" different opinion than most of fans have.

He was not totally free to bet: he suffered an heavy pressure on him, not to mention he can have loose some sanity, while suffering from years of deprivation from a real good Civ game.

OTOH I would like to give Vel and Yin a free and quick opportunity to review the game for us, as fair and good reviewers as I know they are.

If you don't mind, I'll sleep over a night or two, before making my decision...
                    "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                    - Admiral Naismith

Comment

• Thanks Markos, I will.
                      If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
                      Ailing Civilization Strategy
                      How to win on Deity Builder style, step-by-step
                      M2TW Guide to Guilds (including Assassins')

Comment

• ARGH!!!

Tried to pay for plus with paypal, but it wont accept my info as I have an account already - well used it once before to pay my first subscription.

Bad system at Paypal - had to phone USA with mobile a lengthy call to get my account closed so that I could open a new account.
                        (Will not even try to guess the bill )

Now somehow as I'm angry I suddenly don't like the idea anymore...

Well see tomorrow if I'm feeling better - the idea, even the slightest one, of Yin eating his wor... the box is actually worth a lot (And getting a review from Vel a nice bonus)

Damm paypal
                        - MarkG&DanQ: couldn't you just open a european bank acount to pay to?

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkG
                          Darkstar is right. 6 pages later, we still have only a single donator
                          Oh well, just extended my plus membership by 18 months or something. (forgot already how much long I subscribed)

Will my name be mentioned in the credits of the yin-eating-the-box video?
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Well, actually he won't. Not unless you put your money down to buy him a cIV game through the fund. He won't eat what he doesn't get, and I doubt you could convince him to go out and waste his own money buying a cIV game, as well as renting a camera, then playing the game, then agreeing that ICS and combat don't suck as bad in the game as in previous versions of Civ, then taping his eating of part of the box.

Think it through. If Apolyton doesn't supply the game, there isn't a chance of any of it happening, and Yin will get to laugh at all the cIV fanzers, because the fanzers didn't have enough belief in their own game to even risk a mere $2 on being right.

I think the community is about to hand Yin the greatest troll license in the history of the internet. The community is going to agree that Yin speaks the whole truff, if its not worth taking him up on his bet.

Hey Yin, hear that? If they don't come through, you'll be granted a permanent troll license. Anyone but the people that contribute to the Yin-Vel fund try to call you down, should be a bannable offense. If they aren't willing to take action and back up their words, then they agree with you. They just don't want the rest of the community knowing that they agree with you. I bet Mark and Dan would go for that. They are willing to put their money down to back what they believe.
                            QFT

actually i dont see what the prob with yin's posts were anyway. the ones i saw,from limited surfing here, were better than fanboy posts that simply gushed.....
                            if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

• Re: ARGH!!!

Originally posted by Jeje2
                              Bad system at Paypal - had to phone USA with mobile a lengthy call to get my account closed so that I could open a new account.
                              why did you need to close the old account?
                              how come you couldnt `do it over mail?!?
                              Last edited by MarkG; September 27, 2005, 12:10.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyberShy
                                Oh well, just extended my plus membership by 18 months or something. (forgot already how much long I subscribed)
                                extended by 12 months until 2007-05-23

Will my name be mentioned in the credits of the yin-eating-the-box video?
                                sure
                                for now you're on the first post

The YIN-VEL Fund coverage is now over 30%!

Comment

Working...
                                X