X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yin26
    Markos:

You gave me 3 weeks, so I think that leaves me two more. I could write something now, but it would pale in comparison to what I could write, say, if I actually figured out how to win!
    no problem, i guess i can tease up people with some parts of your first impresssions thread
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

• Originally posted by LaRusso

cybershy: can you check if there is manual pdf on those cds?
      Like I said before, there is no manual on the DVD.

However, if you want so badly the english manual, you could order the game from a UK shopping site. Last time I checked, the game was quite cheap on www.play.com; something like 30 euros.
      The only downside is that you can pay only with an accepted creditcard.
      "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
      --George Bernard Shaw
      A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
      --Woody Allen

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiberius

Like I said before, there is no manual on the DVD.

However, if you want so badly the english manual, you could order the game from a UK shopping site. Last time I checked, the game was quite cheap on www.play.com; something like 30 euros.
        The only downside is that you can pay only with an accepted creditcard.
        the problem is not that i cannot order. i got the money, got the credit card, even prepared to pay customs. the trick is that nobody ships to serbia. therefore, i have to resort to these acrobatics. even interractcd.com does not have civ4 yet on its shipping list

markg, given the fact that firaxians left unused leaderheads on the cd/dvd, can you persuade them to upload manual in pdf?

Comment

• Got home and had a surprise waiting for me, in the form of Civ IV!

I'm prepping my system for installation now....will report back...eventually...

-=Vel=-
          (excited!)
          The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

• Vel's back. Looking forward to the strat guide!

Comment

• That....might take some time!

Early update....game installed without a hitch (even tho my system is somewhat BELOW that which is recommended), and I am about to embark on my first game.

Intro movie was very choppy, playing just under two seconds of footage before a half second pause. That seemed consistent thru the whole OF the movie and may be at least in part due to my somewhat light system (2.4Ghz processor, 256megs of RAM, N-Vidia Graphics card).

At any rate, welcome screen looks fantastic...got to watch the credits and saw so many people I admire and respect among the ranks of those listed....made me wish that my health had allowed me to participate as invited, but...perhaps next time.

At any rate, it's a coin toss for who I'm gonna play for my maiden voyage, but I think tradition will dictate that I gravitate toward the Egyptians (Gathering Storm!), so....off I go...

-=Vel=-
              The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

• The Nimoy monologue was great, despite containing a couple of awkward phrases, and I'm now embarking my first journey toward greatness!

-=Vel=-

Comment

• May I be the first to wish you good luck!
                  While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Velociryx
                    The Nimoy monologue was great, despite containing a couple of awkward phrases
                    hehe, after all, star trek had splitted infinitive

Comment

• Originally posted by LaRusso

the problem is not that i cannot order. i got the money, got the credit card, even prepared to pay customs. the trick is that nobody ships to serbia. therefore, i have to resort to these acrobatics. even interractcd.com does not have civ4 yet on its shipping list

markg, given the fact that firaxians left unused leaderheads on the cd/dvd, can you persuade them to upload manual in pdf?
                      You can try www.sendit.com (it's where i preordered my official Civ4, and i already got Battlefield 2 and Supreme Ruler 2010 from them). They even ship to Russian Federation (we all know that it's easier to find an online shop that ships to Zimbabwe than to find one that ships to Russian Federation). So probably they ship to Serbia as well.

Originally posted by Velociryx
                      Intro movie was very choppy, playing just under two seconds of footage before a half second pause. That seemed consistent thru the whole OF the movie and may be at least in part due to my somewhat light system (2.4Ghz processor, 256megs of RAM, N-Vidia Graphics card).
                      Well, i doubt that you'll be able to play with 256 Mb RAM. You should get at least 512 Mb more IMHO.
                      Last edited by Ellestar; November 1, 2005, 05:36.
                      Knowledge is Power

Comment

• What a positively bizarre thread

Comment

• Well Yin-Vel - is the verdict in yet?
                          (Eagerly waiting - as will new PC if gets Civ4)

Comment

• thank you for the bump...I have been wondering about this as well!
                            Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

• Yin has been posting, I think he likes it. Time to ask him what sauce he would like on his cardboard I think.

Comment

• and where to get that mpeg clip
                                Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Working...
                                X