Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So far the game has proven to me that fast expansion may be dangerous because city defending has became much more important. I have had large empires already that got crushed early because the border-cities got conquered quiet easily.
    the sound of this
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

• one question...sorry if the thread is inappropriate: european copies are on dvd. you choose language during installation. what language is manual and poster in? everything in english everywhere?
      Last edited by Fidel; October 31, 2005, 06:54.

Comment

• Markos:

You gave me 3 weeks, so I think that leaves me two more. I could write something now, but it would pale in comparison to what I could write, say, if I actually figured out how to win!
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

• Write gdammit!!!

You can always patch it later...

hat language is manual and poster in? everything in englishe everywhere?

Here they've translated it from what I've heard
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by alva
            Write gdammit!!!

You can always patch it later...

hat language is manual and poster in? everything in englishe everywhere?

Here they've translated it from what I've heard
            you gotta be KIDDING
            jesus christ
            i will try playing it without manual
            crappolo

edit: are they translating it to every single language there is?
            french connection uk

Comment

• Originally posted by LaRusso
              one question...sorry if the thread is inappropriate: european copies are on dvd. you choose language during installation. what language is manual and poster in? everything in englishe everywhere?
              The local language. At least in Germany the manual and poster are in german.

Funny is that if you change the language during the game (you can do that!) everything changes except the spoken parts. I was playing in german and listening Leonard Nemoy
              "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
              --George Bernard Shaw
              A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
              --Woody Allen

Comment

• Btw, in the multipanguage pack the default installation language is french
                "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                --George Bernard Shaw
                A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                --Woody Allen

Comment

• jesus christ.
                  is there at least english copy of the manual on dvd?

Comment

• No idea, I haven't checked. But why should it be?
                    You can read the civilipedia, can't you?
                    --George Bernard Shaw
                    --Woody Allen

Comment

• apparently civilopedia is terrible. the thing is, civ manuals were always useless. now for the first time they say it is worth to read it, plus there is some soren's stuff at the end worth extra reading.
                      the funny thing is, almost all of us learned extra english while playing games. english is the gaming language. why on earth bother translating is beyond my comprehension

Comment

• I got the american version on 2cd's.
                        The language is english. The tech-poster is in french
                        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Auw, I wanted a french poster.

btw: Larusso: just to be clear, the game itself is in english!

apparently civilopedia is terrible.

Not terrible, just a little awkward.
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by alva
                            Auw, I wanted a french poster.

btw: Larusso: just to be clear, the game itself is in english!

apparently civilopedia is terrible.

Not terrible, just a little awkward.
                            okay, i will probably, actually, most definitely, get a french dvd thingie. i send you my poster, you send me yours.

cybershy: can you check if there is manual pdf on those cds?

Comment

• Originally posted by LaRusso

okay, i will probably, actually, most definitely, get a french dvd thingie. i send you my poster, you send me yours.

cybershy: can you check if there is manual pdf on those cds?
                              I'll check it as soon as I'm home.
                              Is there one on the DVD?
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• There is no pdf (or any other) manual on the DVD.
                                --George Bernard Shaw
                                --Woody Allen

Comment

Working...
                                X