Console Wars IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nikolai
    Yeah, because if other people isn't as angry and hateful at heart as you are, they must be insincere or idiots.
    No, you just need to be honest.

If you weren't so self-righteous and full of it Asher, you might had seen that people are different. Some actually doesn't go around spitting acid whereever they go. Some people just are nice. I'm not sure if I fit that completely, I have my issues as most people do. But I think it's safe to say I'm more balanced than you. And no, I'm not false. It might be hard for you to grasp, but people different than you isn't by default false and evil and what not. Just...different than you.
    I understand how some people can be nice -- I also understand people who are nice to a fault.

I can and am nice when the situation calls for it or if I genuinely like people. Unlike you, I've got higher standards.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• And why is that? Do you honestly believe true Christians don't like you, just because you are attracted to men? Is that it? Well, then I have something to tell you: Real Christians aknownledge that the Bible tells that homosexuality is a sin, but also that all sins are equal and that we all are sinners. And real Christians also knows that we are asked to love all people, everybody. Even those who despise us, hate us. Even those who murder us because of our belief. So no, it doesn't seem like oyu know how true Christians are. Not close. Don't let your prejudises roam free.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• True Christians don't like me, even if they pretend to do. It's how you people are. Learn some true honesty.
        Alright, you want some "true honesty"?
        I don't really like you at all, because of your intolerance.
        But I still choose to be nice to you, cause I believe it makes the world at least a bit better place to live.
        I fear one day I'll meet God, he'll sneeze and I won't know what to say.

Comment

And why is that? Do you honestly believe true Christians don't like you, just because you are attracted to men? Is that it? Well, then I have something to tell you: Real Christians aknownledge that the Bible tells that homosexuality is a sin, but also that all sins are equal and that we all are sinners. And real Christians also knows that we are asked to love all people, everybody. Even those who despise us, hate us. Even those who murder us because of our belief. So no, it doesn't seem like oyu know how true Christians are. Not close. Don't let your prejudises roam free.
          Don't even try to pull this **** on me.

It's because of Christianity that gays have been persecuted, even killed. Today as secularism spreads many Christians are changing their opinions to be more tolerant, but it's because of the forces of secularism that this is happening. The reason gays can't marry in most countries is because of "Christian" beliefs.

Don't lie to me, Nikolai, it's just more dishonesty.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanarkand

Alright, you want some "true honesty"?
            I don't really like you at all, because of your intolerance.
            But I still choose to be nice to you, cause I believe it makes the world at least a bit better place to live.
            If you were truly being nice to me you'd stop pissing me off with this bull****.

Comment

• I'm not lying. If you can't grasp such a simple fact that the Bible, and as a result Christianity, tells us that all people are equally worth to God, that all people are sinners and that all people, Christians or not, are faulty and prone to make injustice, it's nothing I can do. I'm not lying, I'm not dishonest, but if it's easier for you to think that than to try to understand my faith, I can't stop you.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

I'm not lying. If you can't grasp such a simple fact that the Bible, and as a result Christianity, tells us that all people are equally worth to God, that all people are sinners and that all people, Christians or not, are faulty and prone to make injustice, it's nothing I can do. I'm not lying, I'm not dishonest, but if it's easier for you to think that than to try to understand my faith, I can't stop you.
                Your faith is inconsistent, nonsensical, and interpreted in a million different ways by a million different people with a million different agendas. I'm sorry if you do not comprehend that not all, not even most, Christians follow the same "everyone sucks, yay!" theory of theocracy. In practical terms, Christianity is one of the top drivers of the opposition of gay rights in the western world.

Comment

• If you were truly being nice to me you'd stop pissing me off with this bull****.
                  And what bull**** is that? Should I stop being a christian, is that it? I honestly think that nothing I say or do will ever make you like me. I think that the only thing that could ever make you dislike me a little less, is if I stopped being a christian.
                  And when it comes to homosexuality, I should mention that my sister is bisexual and my uncle is homosexual. So don't you even dare telling me that I hate them, or dislike them in any degree. I make no differentiate between homosexuals, heterosexuals, christians or athiests.
                  You hate me because I believe in God. Should I then hate you for being homosexual? No, I shouldn't. And I can't, even if I wanted to. Yes, some christians do not like homosexuals. But I don't consider those people christians. And then again, there are atheists who do not like homosexuals. But the christians are the ones who is being called homophobic. Besides, I don't think you'd like it if people came up to you on the streets and started throwing **** at you for being homosexual. Cause that's what I've gotten for being a christian.
                  When people say they don't like homosexuals, I get pissed, because it's intolerant. I don't like people who are being intolerant, and when you dislike me for being a christian, then it would be logical for me to dislike you for being homosexual. But I don't dislike you for being homosexual, I dislike you because you hate me for what I believe in. And if you hate me because you think christians dislike homosexuals, and I don't , then you shouldn't hate me.

Comment

• Holy ****, just go away. Your spam is driving me nuts. If I didn't hate you before for sticking your head in an argument between two people who've been discussing that same topic for years, I hate you now for spamming this thread with this kind of bull**** without recognizing no one gives a ****.

Comment

• Alright. Sorry if I've offended you. Take care.

Comment

• HMMMMM thinking that it's about time for a few chill pills. Hopefully you guys will take them voluntarily.

Otherwise I'll have to jam then down your throats myself.

BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE, and I really don't give a crap who's fault it is. I could only read so much of the drivel and I refuse to punish myself going back far enough to see where it started.

I hope I've made myself clear.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Perfectly okay for me. I'm just fed up taking shiit from Asher and seeing him sending shiit to others in all directions. I'm perfectly ready to go back to the topic now that I've let some steam off.

And as for on-topic talk:

I read some articles the other day, about Nintendo "already" working on their next console. The usual cucumber talk of summer of course, I'd be very surprised if they weren't well into the work on the next generation already. But it made me wonder: Do we know anything of what we can expect from the various companies? Still early, so anything would only be rumours I'd imagine, but still interested in hearing what we "know" so far.

Comment

• Hmm have to get the last word in I see. Ok, I guess then I'll have to allow asher one last shot too. I would hope he will be civil about it. And short.

But then I want to see nothing about it for a bit.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah
                              Hmm have to get the last word in I see. Ok, I guess then I'll have to allow asher one last shot too. I would hope he will be civil about it. And short.

But then I want to see nothing about it for a bit.
                              I don't need a last word, not with Nikolai.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

Evidently you are not keeping up...OpenGL is dead. Even John Carmack, historically OpenGL's #1 cheerleader and driver, is using DirectX in id Software's upcoming game.
                                Not at all. I assume you're referring to Rage? It's been demoed on a Mac running in GL. Carmack has confirmed that they're building the PC and Mac versions of their new game (or games?) on OpenGL and are only going DX on the Xbox.
                                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                                X