No announcement yet.

Deus Ex (Late to the party)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did the same thing, Uni. Back when I bought the game, it was the GOTY pack which came with a soundtrack disk. I liked the music so much I went into the game files and ripped them all out. There are a couple of pieces I didn't care for, but I have the rest on my computer still in with my other music.

Second visit to Versalife? The game is about to change again.
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

• I love the music, too, and also have it on my PC One of the things that makes the difference between a great game and the very best games, IMO. My favorite tracks are probably Hong Kong, The Nothing, Bunker theme and Lebedev's Airfield, also Battery Park is quite catchy. Then of course there's the main theme
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• BTW, the man behind the Project 2027 mod announced that release is scheduled for the first half of 2009, with him being close enough to completion. I'm really looking forward to that mod, looks like it could be truly high-quality stuff.

Comment

• Yeah, Battery Park is a nice one, too. In general there is only a couple of game-themes that never left my mind:

- Microprose Soccer

- The Aztec-theme of Sid Meier games. I whistle it for one and half decades now and even made my own variations (that i only whistle - since i cant even read music-notes).

- Panzer General

- Jagged Alliance (though i dont know if it is from I or II)

- Deus Ex

- And most recently the GNR-songs of FallOut3. Maybe it´s because this kind of music never really made it to Germany (in the 40´s germans listened to their own music). I dunno. I just keep whisteling the melodies and sometimes even sing them. And it sure got something to it, when it makes me (´perfectly´ straight man) sing lines like ´if you excuse an expression i use - i am in love with a wondeful guy´. Is it possible to add own titles btw ? Cause Brent Spin(n?)er´s CD would fit in there nicely and make it all even a bit more cheesy and nerdy.

Comment

• Okay done with Hong Kong, now back to NY.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.†Martin Buber

Comment

• So how did you like HK? And Tracer Tong?

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
                So how did you like HK? And Tracer Tong?
                Tracer Tong did what he was supposed to do in terms of the plot, I mean this isn't Tolstoy. Or do you mean do I believe him about whose who? I expect there will be more twists - the chow twist was good. He said there was an illuminati (oy) connection to the grey death. At first I assumed that meant Illum behind M12 (based on the intro scene, and the impression that Illum is a conspiracy thingies and the conspiracy theory talk so far) OTOH Spector is willing to twist things - like at first Lum Path was the agent of Anglo saxon globalization against Red Arrow Chinese "sovereigntism" but then it turned out M12 had infiltrated RA and Tong and the LP are "good guys" Well I shouldnt expect anyone accused of globalism of being a "good" guy, so I guess Tong will be different by the end? And Tong wants me to see Dowd who IS illuminati? Or was? Then Filben in NY (Im back in hells kitch and Ive done the bar and the clinic but having trouble getting to the warehous) says that M12 is ex illuminati? Or something? And I get more interesting stuff when I let the so-called reporter live?

Anyway, I liked Hong Kong, Ive always wanted a game to work more as travelogue, and this is the first Ive played that really did so. I mean Im sure its Hong Kong is as abstract as its NY, but still it was fun, esp Chows apt. And the market, and canals.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.†Martin Buber

Comment

• Yeah, Illuminati are definitely behind some of the in-game events. Between UNATCO, NSF, MJ12 and the Illuminati you've seen some major powers, then there are people like Tong who play a big role despite not being with the major organizations.

Glad you're enjoying the game Hong Kong does have a lot of these strong moments with dialogue/exploration. You'll also like some future location then. So, how did you handle the situation? Did you kill Chow? Is Paul dead or alive?

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
                    Yeah, Illuminati are definitely behind some of the in-game events. Between UNATCO, NSF, MJ12 and the Illuminati you've seen some major powers, then there are people like Tong who play a big role despite not being with the major organizations.

Glad you're enjoying the game Hong Kong does have a lot of these strong moments with dialogue/exploration. You'll also like some future location then. So, how did you handle the situation? Did you kill Chow? Is Paul dead or alive?
                    Paul is alive - I fought and was captured back in his apt rather than flee. I think Chow ended up dead - while the prod was the only thing that could stop her from killing me, I think she was still standing when I ran out of charges or something, so I just killed her. Those aliens were nasty buggers (and made me thought I was playing HL again) - a walkthrough said just take em out with an EMP grenade - nice, but I dont have any left. I tried different ideas for combatting them, then just decided the easiest thing was to jump down and NOT fight them. And yes, Ive gotten that in this game A. Theres many different ways to do anything B. Theres usually away that involves running, sneaking, etc that is as good as or better than fighting C. Theres so much variety in how you can get to a point in the game, that walkthroughs are of limited utility.

Comment

• sh*t, man, folks believe some weird shiite

Comment

• As much as it is a good point in Deus Ex, that there is almost always a variety of paths to the next plot event, it has a catch: In each possible path, you will find the things needed to complete it (lockpicks, multitools....). Now if you turn around and go back another way, that you avoided before (and somtimes you wont even realize that you are just doing that), you can pick up those items, too. The result is, that you end up maxed out on lockpicks and multitools (& bio-cells, med-packs... whatnot) rather soon. It makes a lot of decisions rather simple. I dont know, if ´realistic´ is harder than ´hard´, but when i got to Deus Ex the second (or third ? - anyways - years in between) time, even that was a cakewalk. It almost doesnt matter anymore, who you are fighting, when you have maxed out med-packs+biocells and that med-augmentation that heals you for BE - very fast. You stop looking for that code, if you have 20 multitools and know of 3 more, laying around in the level, that you currently cant pick up anyways and will be ´lost´ once you leave this place - so why not use them now ?

So what i do, when i play DE, i consider unused experience points and money as my score, and try to use as little of them as i can.

Comment

• Those aliens were nasty buggers

Aliens?

Comment

• I wonder if he's referring to the greasels, because I don't think there are any live grays yet. Or perhaps the karkians down in the sewers.
                            Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
                              sh*t, man, folks believe some weird shiite

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_I...lian_humanoids
                              Yeah it is mind blowing sometimes, especialy when faced with certain scientific details(actual age of the world/dinosaurs/astronomy/dna etc):

Lizards as people/Virgin births/4 armed blue humanoid gods etc - which is more crazy???

Get on with the game already - and happy xmas to all

Comment

• The greasels are no match for the dragon sword
                                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Working...
                                X