No announcement yet.

Deus Ex (Late to the party)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's amazing how people still mod Deus Ex, really. If anything, looks like the modding scene is only growing...

This year should have two interesting releases. Project 2027 should be out this year as well as the high-def graphics pack probably, which makes the game look quite better. Then there's Man In Black, but from what I understand it still needs quite a bit of work and probably won't be out soon.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• My friend HuManBing suggested playing this game in "Anton Chigurh" mode, so named after the very scary bad guy in "No Country For Old Men".

He played this using Shifter with cheats activated so he could spawn a Boomstick gun at the start. Then he spawned loads of ammo, spawned five of each mod to use on the gun, and then cheated to give Denton the "Mastery" skill level in Rifles.

The objective is to kill as many people, things, and robots as possible while still being able to complete the game. (So opening fire on somebody like Walton Simons before he actually becomes vincible is a no-no.)

It makes for interesting gaming. Apparently HMB was able to get the "happy" ending for Gilbert and Sandra Renton, but then shot them both so he "wouldn't be misunderstood".

Chigurh madness!
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

• Your friend needs to chill out.

Comment

• You're telling me. He has played various FPSes going the "shotgun-only" route. I once sat and watched him complete Goldeneye007 on the highest difficulty level using (almost) nothing except the Automatic Shotgun. He's also done that for System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Bioshock, Hitman 2, and he claims he's done it for Thief but I think he's only being funny.
          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

• You couldn't do it in Thief except at the lowest difficulty level, as higher difficulty levels forbid you from killing.

Also, there is no shotgun as far as I remember.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Perhaps there was a "grapeshot crossbow" mod?
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                Absolutely.

Although the temptation to put them in for the zombies must have been overwhelming.
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

• Hey LotM,

You still doing this game? I worry that if you haven't finished the various endings you may not get around to it, now you have Civ4!!! This is a really great game - finish it

Comment

• So I decided to see how long I could survive up against Gunther in the Battery Park shootout.

As it turns out, I found a way to escape the showdown and to run around the rest of the level.

First I used hit and run tactics against the handful of troopers he had with him. Then I crept up the stairs to selectively launch GEPs at the bots. You can also demolish the roadblocks using the GEP.

However, there's an invisible barrier that stops you from exiting the immediate environs of the fight. I found a way to escape. First, it helps if you can keep Gunther from bothering you, either by invisibility or by trapping him in a building using the blocks and crates. The far right corner (as you emerge from the subway) has two metal crates that you can use to trap Gunther if you lure him there.

Then, go back into the subway and emerge again. Go to your left. There are some really big metal crates that actually straddle the invisible barrier. If you try exiting beside them, it won't work... but the barrier does not apply ON TOP of them.

Get another box and set it down by the big metal crates, and then use your Legs to climb on top. Get on top of the big metal boxes, and you're now free to explore the rest of the level at your leisure.

The Castle Clinton bit has become entirely dark and the kiosk has been removed. Apart from that the only thing living in the rest of the level are a few birds and a cat.
                    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

• Quite cunning
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Yeah I got out of the 'trap' in that level somehow also, I can't remember what I did exactly....but I ended up exploring the park and in the end jumped in the sea and got 'stuck' - I couldn't get out again so swam around the levels borders for an hour or so........I guess I was kinda hoping I might find some secret portal into another dimension, you know where by I would wake up(in real life) and find myself plugged into a vat of pink goo, full of electrodes etc.

Well you never know........and Dues Ex is nearly that kind of cool?

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                          You couldn't do it in Thief except at the lowest difficulty level, as higher difficulty levels forbid you from killing.

Except for the last level, yes. But that one would certainly be a pain to kill every enemy - they spawn almost as fast as you can kill them.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• bumping by popular request.

This game is MUCH more fun now that I'm in Hong Kong part. I like the atmosphere.

Also, escaping the MJ12 helibase made me really appreciate the sniper rifle. Though the AI was kinda dumb.

The real wan chai market

Last edited by lord of the mark; December 17, 2008, 21:58.
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Yeah not many games have good AI to handle snipper tactics. Hong kong feels great - it reminded me of some scenes from the Blade Runner movie, which is a good thing

You will have a fair amount of running back and forward to do mind you......so expect to see most of it a few times over.

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
                                This game is MUCH more fun now that I'm in Hong Kong part. I like the atmosphere.
                                It's always much better when you listen to me and just play the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X