No announcement yet.

Deus Ex (Late to the party)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hong Kong is fun; however, the voice acting is atrocious.

That level gets REAL fun before long...

You know, instead of a sequel, I'd be happy if they just did a straight up remake of the original. Maybe tweak a few of the skills to make them more useful (or remove the useless ones altogether), and make some of the biomod choices more difficult...
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine

Comment

• If you want to play the original then play the original.

Comment

• I would dearly love to see something like Black Mesa, where a mod group remakes the original game in a new/better engine. However, Eidos is no Valve, and I expect they'd slap a Cease and Desist order on the mod group before a week after the mod was announced.
          Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
            bumping by popular request.

This game is MUCH more fun now that I'm in Hong Kong part. I like the atmosphere.

Also, escaping the MJ12 helibase made me really appreciate the sniper rifle. Though the AI was kinda dumb.
            The MJ12 helibase is about the one place I've never used the sniper rifle. I always gas them using the base fuel system then fry the guys in the barracks with a WP round from the GEP gun. Then pick the last one off with the pistol. Change allegiance of the turret to take the 2 guys on the roof and kill the bots at the end with the GEP gun.

Then again that's what is so cool about this game - there are SOOO many different ways to do things.

Spoiler about the flooded tunnel area -

Spoiler:
            Check out the ventilation tunnels from the freezer room in the dive bar
            Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

• Certain areas which used to give me problems are now childishly easy with the GEP gun's WP rounds. The raid on Paul's apartment is hardly a challenge with that monster.
              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

• Originally posted by CerberusIV

...and kill the bots at the end with the GEP gun.

Then again that's what is so cool about this game - there are SOOO many different ways to do things.
                Funny, but I always crawl through the ventilation ducts and use a couple of LAMs on each of those bots before they're released.
                Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by CerberusIV

The MJ12 helibase is about the one place I've never used the sniper rifle. I always gas them using the base fuel system then fry the guys in the barracks with a WP round from the GEP gun. Then pick the last one off with the pistol. Change allegiance of the turret to take the 2 guys on the roof and kill the bots at the end with the GEP gun.

Spoiler about the flooded tunnel area -

Spoiler:
                  Check out the ventilation tunnels from the freezer room in the dive bar
                  Ive decided to NOT do heavy weapons. Given both finite numbers of skill points, and finite amount of inventory room, one must decide to give up something, it seems.

BTW, I spoke to the HK actress, ransacked the police station, and am now trying to do the tactical problem of the return to the actress' apartment. (One tough maid, eh )
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• I don't know if we're talking about the same level, but I crushed the bots with the helipad. I lowered it on them.

Now, I'm in

Spoiler:
                    Area 51

And decided to take a break from the game.
                    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark BTW, I spoke to the HK actress, ransacked the police station, and am now trying to do the tactical problem of the return to the actress' apartment. (One tough maid, eh )
                      This is one of the most amazing parts in the game, IMO. You have several ways to get into her apartment in the first place, there are several options as to what you can do in the house and what that leads to... and I've seen posts with people doing some pretty crazy inventive things there.
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• My friend Bing climbed the wall outside her apartment using LAMs.

He would stick a LAM to the wall and jump on it, then jump and stick another one then jump on top of that. As long as you're careful not to remove the one you're currently standing on, you can get pretty high with that.

I believe you must have the Jump leg enhancement though.
                        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

• I think I've tried all the standard entries and exits; first time I played through, I accidentally stumbled onto the big secret before you're "supposed" to, which lessened the impact of that particular plot strain. It is a very fun level. I love the Dragon Tooth... it got seriously nerfed in the sequel.

What sort of inventive things have you seen, Solver?

Nostromo, I think you've hit on my one true complaint about Deus Ex. If anything, it is too long, and it can be exhausting to get to the finale. The underwater lab mission, in particular, has always felt a bit too much like filler to me.

However, you are truly in the homestretch, so I wouldn't stop now.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine

Comment

• My perhaps favorite thing about the apartment is the datacubes... good info there. And the piano which plays the Deus Ex theme

I can't remember how exactly, but I've seen something along the lines of

Spoiler:
                            placing LAMs inside the apartment (?) and doing something outside so that they blow up, killing the guys inside. May not be exactly like that, but that was definitely the overall idea. Something smart with LAMs that let you clear the apartment from outside.

And I greatly enjoyed stumbling upon the secret myself the first time I was in there, I don't think it's something you're not supposed to. Seemed pretty powerful to me that way, too.
                            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• I did something where I planted one LAM, tossed a gas grenade, and then used the assault rifle on the survivors. This was after several attempts to try an ambush on the roof.

Okay, Ive now done the first visit to Versalife, and have been directed to the second visit.
                              Last edited by lord of the mark; December 23, 2008, 23:10.
                              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• I love the VersaLife music theme. BTW, i converted all the Deus Ex music (excluding some horrible exceptions) to mp3. I just wish, the action-themes wouldnt be meshed with the normal background music. As it is, you get some nice ambienty music, and all of a sudden it turns into a thrilling driving beatfest within the same track. But in general, i love deus ex´s music.

Comment

Working...
                                X