No announcement yet.

Deus Ex (Late to the party)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combat AI of Deus Ex enemies isn't that advanced, not even by 2000 standards... no reason you wouldn't be able to circlestrafe like mad and kill everyone with the sword, but where's the fun in that
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Well, the robots turn so slow that you can keep ahead of them. It's just a pain to keep it up. But one of the fun things about the game is experimenting with different ways of getting through.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• By the way, have any of you guys played the Zodiac mod for DX? I liked it, I'd say that except for the last chapter, its quality comes very close to the quality of Deus Ex itself.

Comment

• What is it?
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns
            I've heard of people killing these bots with a knife without any weapon skills. I of course use high explosives.
            yeah I'm with you on that one! I suppose the bots and the other super augmented agents were the hardest enemies to deal with I found.

@Lotm,
            get used to running out of ammo/ideal weapons/lockpicks etc. Your inventory is limited and you will always face hard choices on what to carry with you. Sometimes, although not game breaking, the wrong choices can lead to a lot of back tracking and head scratching, at least I found so.

Comment

• If you want an anti-walkthrough, look at this page.

It has spoilers, so make sure you've done the game first. This anti-walkthrough has weird stuff in it like how to resolve the 747 standoff while pleasing both sides of the battle.
              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

• And a sampling of the "advice" from that website:

If you have seven LAMs, try attaching them to a metal surface in quick succession. Listen to the metallic sounds as each LAM is attached.. I did this one day and heard the first few bars of 'Yankee Doodle'.
                Last edited by Alinestra Covelia; July 16, 2008, 08:51.
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

• Zodiac mod:

Comment

• Yes, I have played Zodiac. I waited until it was complete before I did, but I really liked it. The only thing I found disconcerting was the lack of voice acting, but I got used to that quickly, and I understand the reason for it.
                    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

• Speaking of it, in Project 2027 they intend to have full voice acting, just like the original. I'm looking forward to that mod, looks like it has some great quality and is actually approaching completeness.

Comment

• Quillan, any other "full" mods you liked? The only other mod I'm familiar with is RedSun 2020, which I'd rank below Zodiac due to a few places with atrocious level design and a bit too much non-serious writing, though it's a very solid game overall.

Comment

• I played the Shifter mod and liked it a fair bit. The modmaker tinkered with the weapons to make a few unique guns and swords, and also programmed in skill point rewards for silently sneaking past people instead of outright killing them.
                          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

• I always meant to try this game out, but never did for some reason. So far, its very good! A breath of fresh air. Its fairly easy on medium. I just wish there was a goddamn map.

We need more people like Warren Spector. Given the uber-conservative RPG market, his games probably didn't sell very well. That would explain why he's doing games for Disney now.
                            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

• The only other mod I've played was Shifter, and that's not a full-conversion mod; it just plays with weapons and skill points and such. For some reason, the other full mods didn't really grab me much, though 2027 sounds promising. I just don't like playing partially completed works and waiting for the finish, so I'll wait to try it until it's done and ready.

Different game: any of you tried T2X: Shadows of the Metal Age (the unofficial expansion to Thief 2)? I thought this was REALLY good.
                              Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

• Yes though I didn't get very far into it. I really have to complete that some point.
                                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
                                X