Do you Wii?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher
    Heh. I have SPM and loathe it. WAY too much text, the sense of humour is...uh...quirky...
    Asher you have absolutely everything. I'm beginning to wonder what depth your opinion on games can have, when you play Xbox games, PS3 games, Wii games and time consuming MMOs.

Do you play them all for 10 mins each?

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
      Asher you have absolutely everything. I'm beginning to wonder what depth your opinion on games can have, when you play Xbox games, PS3 games, Wii games and time consuming MMOs.

Do you play them all for 10 mins each?
      I play a lot of games. That's why I know what I'm talking about.

Fortunately for me, there's virtually no decent PS3 and Wii games. That makes it easy.

Perhaps that's the problem here -- I have higher standards. Many people only have the Wii and are more inclined to be amused by a generic game while I would be more inclined to play a better game instead. I have that choice...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• choice

Comment

I play a lot of games. That's why I know what I'm talking about.
          Well I still find myself wondering what depth of playtime you have with all these games.

Comment

• Some of them do not deserve it.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Or maybe you are just fickle.

I notice you don't have very many Gears of War achievements actually, and that was a game I think you like rather a lot, based on your earlier posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                Or maybe you are just fickle.

I notice you don't have very many Gears of War achievements actually, and that was a game I think you like rather a lot, based on your earlier posts.
                A lot of games to play, my friend.

Why would I be fickle? It's because I play a lot of games so I don't need to play the crap ones.

Comment

• March NPD results are out. Wii was again ahead of 360, though by a smaller margin. On the one hand WII appears to still be supply constrained, OTOH 360 didnt have any hot new games out, IIUC. And 360 still has 4 of top 10 SW titles, easily ahead of the other next gen consoles. PS3 was way behind.

On a more personal note while I was at Microcenter buying RAM I checked out the game yesterday I checked out the game section.

Couple of guys were playing what I think was Gears of War, on the 360. One (older teen?) was playing some shooter on the PS3, he said it involved aliens taking over, the terrain looked like some town in central europe. He said it was "cool". I tried the PC, which had MS FS X on it. It was very nice, and very pretty - of course they had a fancy joystick set up, and Ive only played flight sims with mouse and keyboard, which are far inferior for this.
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• The PS3 game was Resistance: Fall of Man

Comment

• And 360 still has 4 of top 10 SW titles, easily ahead of the other next gen consoles. PS3 was way behind.

Wii was way behind.

Wasn't "Wii Play" the only Wii top10 title...

Comment

• The game you saw was Resistance. It's pretty interesting, but not quite a system-seller like Halo.

Comment

And 360 still has 4 of top 10 SW titles, easily ahead of the other next gen consoles. PS3 was way behind.

Wii was way behind.

Wasn't "Wii Play" the only Wii top10 title...
                          when I said way behind, I meant in HW sales. Sorry for being unclear. Yes, for SW both PS3 and Wii are way behind the 360. You are correct about Wii Play.
                          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• At the end of the day it doesn't matter how many consoles you have if no one's buying any games.

Next month, Forza 2 comes out. That's going to be massive, especially in Europe.

Forza 2 runs at 60 frames per second on or offline, with or without multiple screens. Using multiple screens, a player can set up and utilize up to a 360° view around his/her car. Technically, it is possible to network as many as 8 screens and Xbox 360 consoles together to form a complete circle of in-game view around the player.

I wonder if that will spur more sales among the hardcore.

Comment

At the end of the day it doesn't matter how many consoles you have if no one's buying any games.

Next month, Forza 2 comes out. That's going to be massive, especially in Europe.
                              standard Wii fanboy response "devs were surprised by how well Wii is doing, lots more titles will come as devs respond to installed base"

To which I guess the 360 fanboy response is, "upcoming 360 titles will lead to 360 surpassing Wii in sales, add to installed base lead, 360 will win over far more of the devs leaving the Sony death spiral than Wii does, Wii will remain novelty machine for kiddies, soccer moms, and retirees with low attach rate"

Comment

At the end of the day it doesn't matter how many consoles you have if no one's buying any games.

Forza 2 runs at 60 frames per second on or offline, with or without multiple screens. Using multiple screens, a player can set up and utilize up to a 360° view around his/her car. Technically, it is possible to network as many as 8 screens and Xbox 360 consoles together to form a complete circle of in-game view around the player.

I wonder if that will spur more sales among the hardcore.
                                Interesting - I was wondering when we take the next step toward home based virtual reality. With mega screens and uber-realistic graphics, it does seem logical the that going toward wraparound video would be the next step.

Comment

Working...
                                X