Do you Wii?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you Wii?

Well, I played with my rommate's Wii ( ) last night, and it was a blast. Wii Sports is awesome - we spent a bunch of time playing each other in tennis and baseball - it's very cool with the Wii controller.

And so I was wondering what other Apolytoners think about the Wii other than it's a great source of horrible horrible puns.
    Yes
    43.40%
    No
    43.40%
    I'll take a banana over Wii any day
    13.21%
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

It's good for the fact that posts like that one will make immature people like me laugh even though they don't really have anything in them to laugh at.

Comment

Picked mine up yesterday, and been having a blast with it so far. My gf and I played Wii sports for a while, and she was loving it. Bowling was the easiest to get the hang of.

After that, moved on to Zelda for many hours, which has been excellent so far. Also picked up Madden, but haven't even gotten to try it out yet!
      I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Originally posted by vovan
        Well, I played with my rommate's Wii
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

That's nothing compared to this filth:

Originally posted by ZargonX
          My gf and I played Wii sports for a while, and she was loving it.
          Family site.

Comment

Perhaps Wii's control will be worthwhile when it actually has 1:1 gesture recognition. It feels retarded to swing a sword then have a completely different gesture occur onscreen.

This is the "uncanny valley" of interaction.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Perhaps Wii's control will be worthwhile when it actually has 1:1 gesture recognition. It feels retarded to swing a sword then have a completely different gesture occur onscreen.

This is the "uncanny valley" of interaction.
              The capability exists, it's just that developers have not taken advantage of it yet (or, more specifically, Zelda and Red Steel did not take advantage of it). Rayman apparently handles 1:1 quite well in some of its mini-games, and it's only a matter of time before other developers put the time and effort into using the technology to its full abilities.

I mean, let's be honest... a 1:1 lightsaber game is only a matter of time

Comment

I will play with my very own Wii as soon as I get one.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I don't need to get it, my own Wii is well enough .

Sorry, but using the Internet as much as I do, I just had to make one Wii pun somewhere.
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

stupid question: what is Wii?

Comment

I can't wait to get a Wii, unfortunately it will probably be my x-mas gift from my wife

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                        stupid question: what is Wii?
                        It's a new console from Nintendo. Launched in North America on Sunday.

Nintendo's Wii video game console brings gaming to people of all ages. Discover Wii games, Wii accessories, and the benefits of connecting your Wii online.

The cool thing about it is the controller. Basically, it's not like your regular gamepad, but looks kinda like a remote (and you can use it as a pointing device, to aim and such), and also has motion sensors of some sort that detect how you swing the controller.

So, in Wii sports, for example, you can play tennis by swinging a controller as you would a normal racket.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

At 250 USD a pop, it is also much more affordable than, say, a PS3, and provides much more opportunities for horrible horrible puns. And it's fun as hell, IMHO.
                        XBox Live: VovanSim
                        xbox.com (login required)
                        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                        Spore page

Comment

Question though: If you want to swing a racket, why not go swing a racket?
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                            So that you can swing a racket while still laying on your couch?
                            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

If you want to hide from gunfire behind cover, why don't you go to L.A.?

Comment

Working...
                              X